corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » How do people manage to move out???

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How do people manage to move out???
Mad Moe

User status: Offline
26th Jul 05 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some silly prices starting to creep in up in the NE as well a friend of mine bought a 2 bed apt. on the quayside in Newcastle for £120K 3 years ago and he's just sold it for £250K, My Mam and Dad build their own for £42K 20 years ago and it's just been valued at around £400K.
vibrio
Banned

26th Jul 05 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Predator Corsa
Right im aged 19 hopefully when i get a sucessful job and earn abit more, i want to move out from living with my perants and get my own home or flat, just wondering how many people have move out. dont wanna rent cos once u rent you can get out of it. but all property is too expencive. and getting a morgage will only be around £60,000 with mine and my missus jobs put together. and there is nothing out there for £60k

How can anyone aford it

I bought my house for 60K 3 years ago
Spence

26th Jul 05 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yesh but u live in scotland, no1 wants 2 live there hence the cheapness of ur houses

bristol u cant get nothin 4 under 100k
Mather.16v

26th Jul 05 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive been thinking about buying and renting a property, well as soon as i can get a morgage.... and with a little help from the folks
i figured as soon as i can get on the property ladder the better.

altho me mum n dad got there house valued at 300k last month..... they bought it for 52k eight years ago!!

--DAN--

26th Jul 05 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought my house brand new 4 years ago for 40k, its now on the market for 105k. I just got lucky, bought at the right time.
Patrick

26th Jul 05 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want to start thinking about buying a house soon, but am holding off.

I have a nan and a grandad to which I am there only grandson (each have their own house - dad isn't around anymore and mum already has a house)
ryansss

26th Jul 05 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wish I had brought somewhere years ago. Although some of you are saying how great it is, you havent made a killing as such. If you sell you will need the full value to find somewhere else.

I just hope the market goes tits up at some point so I can make a move up the ladder.

Ally

26th Jul 05 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We are renting first and saving to buy
Carl

26th Jul 05 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the house i live in now was bough for 4k about 25 years ago. worth about 180k now
Cybermonkey

26th Jul 05 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AND you got a hot as fook lady
DanielJ

26th Jul 05 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i live in the cheapest area to buy a house in the uk
bradfincham

26th Jul 05 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

personally i would live with folks as long as i could save up between me and a mate or partner,
then i would purchase a house!
You think of renting a house at £500 per month, live there for 4 years move out with nothing!!
At least with a house to your name you will have a few years to struggle with to start then it will sort itself out!!

Takes planning and 2 jobs earning over 20k combined minimum!!
Carl

26th Jul 05 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ryansss
Wish I had brought somewhere years ago. Although some of you are saying how great it is, you havent made a killing as such. If you sell you will need the full value to find somewhere else.

i think alot of people seem to forget this fact when they say, "OH I'VE MADE THIS MUCH ON MY HOUSE" unless your downsizing or restoring a shit house then there isn't really as much profit as people seem to think.
Chump

26th Jul 05 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes the 'profit' that people keep going on about is entirely relative unless you sell and buy a cheaper house or sell and cash in on the positive equity......
Jamie Walby

26th Jul 05 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Once I have sold my old car and used that money to pay my dad back what I owe him (around £1400 which he said I dont have to give him until I have sold old car ) I wont have any debts etc.... I currently save £50 a week though which I put in an ISA! I'm only 18 so by the time I hit early 20s I should have a decent amount saved up (I hope) and should be able to move out! I havent got myself a credit card either so ,fingers crossed, all will turn out ok for me!

All my mates think 'it isnt cool to save' but they won't be laughing when I have my own place!
Tiesto

26th Jul 05 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well im lucky very infact. Parents decided that they needed an investment for the future so sold our 4 bedroom house which was 250k and bought a 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom flats which came to roughly £250k. So i live in one with my brother and all we have to do is pay for our living expenses lights,water,elec etc.

Though still a 2 bedroom flat cost us 137k so i would never be able to afford a place of my own.
Robbo

26th Jul 05 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Chump
yes the 'profit' that people keep going on about is entirely relative unless you sell and buy a cheaper house or sell and cash in on the positive equity......
Exactly... great until you decide to move house and find that they are stupid expensive
Robbo

26th Jul 05 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thoday

We put down absolutely nothing

The deposit requires for our mortgage was 5%... £8500 but the builders paid it for us SO we used it to pay for nicer furniture etc an yeah our legal fess - totalled £2500 i think an stamp duty was £1650 of that
Thoday

26th Jul 05 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so £12k say for a £150,000 house... that includes potential deposit and all fees
Nobber

27th Jul 05 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was lucky, I bought at the right time when I was 19 and got a wicked mortgage deal. Still on the ladder now, just moved into my 3rd house this time on my own though.
mwg

27th Jul 05 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got no chance of being able to afford buying my own house in the near future!

Although my gfs Mum owns a few houses that she rents out so might be allowed to rent one of them on the cheap with a bit of luck
Carly

27th Jul 05 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My boyfriends Mum owns quite a few houses that she buys as investments and she's mentioned to us that when we decide to buy she'll help pay the deposit and we'll reimburse her when we sell the house, too many things i want to buy though before commiting to a house!
AndyW

27th Jul 05 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2 bed flats around here are atleast 200k! i earn about 16k how am i meant to move out on my own ill just wait till i find my wifey n move in with her
Chris Bingham

27th Jul 05 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm wanting a flat too which is why I'm selling my Punto GT and getting a Corsa valver instead of a Impreza as I planned. Taking a silly loan to pay for a car that is expensive to run will ruin my savings and once I'm earning more cash, I can get an impreza then. The most important thing is to get on the ladder.
Rob C

28th Jul 05 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had to sell my Astra to sort myself out nicely housewise, but I have a house worth a fair bit in Birmingham and bought myself the car I always wanted, so it is possible, you just have to work hard!

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll