corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.0 12v peeps!!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.0 12v peeps!!!!
antscorsa

User status: Offline
17th May 05 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are ur engines a lil bit tapty, i know they have hydraulic lifters not tappets, so wonder why mine on start up sounds like a diesel.
juts had ful oil change and engine flushed, doesnt drive no different tho.
calidus

17th May 05 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do they use a cam chain like the 1200 16vs? as they rattle from them a bit i think
greengoddess

17th May 05 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As calidus said it is more likely to be the timing chain that is rattling.Does it only do it at startup or all the time?.If it does it all the time then the chain will need replacing.I had an oil leak on my 12v a few weeks back, and it looked like it was coming from the timing cover gasket.So got the job priced up at vaux and they wanted £340 to change the timing gasket as its a big job and £440 if the chain needed changing!.Luckily for me it was the oil pressure switch that was leaking.

New Poll