corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » kit car name needed

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author kit car name needed
Dom

User status: Offline
2nd Mar 05 at 00:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah, if i was getting one id be building it - as i dont have 20 odd grand to spend on someone else doing it for me

Plus ive been looking at kits, way before getting a corsa - was looking at getting one for my first car etc etc And tbh, i prefer robins and westfields to rush's...although i like dax's cobra they do

But its the fact that the Toniq is totally different and modern that caught my eye, and it would be totally unique compared to every other person with a kit around here etc etc

But everyones views are different and it sounds like you prefer the original sevens look etc

although s2000 engine, get me a fireblade or 'busa engine anyday, would see alot more speed for buck
Rob H

2nd Mar 05 at 00:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
But its the fact that the Toniq is totally different and modern that caught my eye, and it would be totally unique compared to every other person with a kit around here etc etc

Same reason i liked it so much :Thumbs:. The Westies/Caterhams/Tigers/Dax's/Robins etc etc have been done to death, and all the kits seem to look the same. Even the Dax's with their wonky roll bar and diff lights, just look like the others really. The Toniq's look tottaly different and much more modern. Also look like the Plymouth Prowler (the dodge car you mentioned earlier) that also looks shit hot .
Dom

2nd Mar 05 at 00:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob H
quote:
Originally posted by Dom

Same reason i liked it so much :Thumbs:. The Westies/Caterhams/Tigers/Dax's/Robins etc etc have been done to death, and all the kits seem to look the same. Even the Dax's with their wonky roll bar and diff lights, just look like the others really. The Toniq's look tottaly different and much more modern. Also look like the Plymouth Prowler (the dodge car you mentioned earlier) that also looks shit hot .

the prowler is mint as well Im also starting to like HotRods, after watching a few episodes of that America Hot Rod series on M&M....some of there stuff is totally mind blowing and amazing

Anyone know how much you can pick up a fireblade engine for these days? - Just been looking at prices of the Toniq, 4 grand as kit, 16k builts (which alittle bit out of my range ).....
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

2nd Mar 05 at 00:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M15T XE
Dax Rush?
Tiger Super Six?
T&G Hornet?

was going to say the Dax ......... seen some mental ones of these
bradfincham

2nd Mar 05 at 00:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hotrod is a different game thats customisation totally and so many man hours!!

Bike engines i dont rate at all, need rebuilding more often and not that much faster over car engines

we have a toyota 1600 16v on twin carbs, 180 bhp. All track days we have been to and events always beats the bike engined cars, they have to be on the revs all the time, we have torque from 3k to 9k, same as the s200 will be, supercharger will be from 3k to 9k as well!

yeh i do like the clasic seven style ones as drive them build them and used to work for race team.
A lot of the new style stuff that comes out is too crazy and i dont think will take on, lots of people that bought the atom soon sold them as realised they cant drive them as much as they had hoped.

Radical is probably the best handling kit cars about, also the dax with the anti camber kits are good too,
SteveW

2nd Mar 05 at 00:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry but the K1 will always get my vote..

i know its no trackstar.. but if your after something a little different and KitCar.. then this is it for me LOVE IT
bradfincham

2nd Mar 05 at 00:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh looks very smart, along the lines of a 360 roadster.

The ultima is my favourite car with that kind of look! especially the one we built
SteveW

2nd Mar 05 at 01:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would love to go for a drive in one of the Turbo'd up Attacks.. they use all sorts of engines.. i would go for the Turbo'd Prelude engine.. or maybe the Supercharged V8...

the looks you would get n one of these on a nice sunny day.. I WANT I WANT..

and the kit is only around $17k from USA.. you need an Accord as a base car also.. pretty cheap
bradfincham

2nd Mar 05 at 01:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seems a good kit, not much knowledge over here on them though,

honda engines are the way to go!
Dom

2nd Mar 05 at 01:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

K1 looks good and its the sort of thing im talking about, ie: different to the average seven look-a-likes etc
Although, how much does one of those set you back?

The Attack is cool, but it's less practical than the Toniq - but as a general burn money away for a few hours of giggles around a race in summer then its mental

The only thing that has made me look at seven look-a-like kits is the fact that you can get weather kits for them, so you can use them for a few months eitherside of summer etc Makes having a kit alot more pratical than what people usually think etc Although, im curious to know if the Toniq would have a weather kit available??
bradfincham

2nd Mar 05 at 01:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh its called an umbrella or a tent when your stationary!!
SteveW

2nd Mar 05 at 01:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dom look here for info on Attacks..

www.attackforums.com

philwarren11

2nd Mar 05 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont know if you had the website address for Toniq-R but its...

http://www.huddersfielddesign.co.uk/toniqr/index.html

or www.toniqr.com

[Edited on 02-03-2005 by philwarren11]
Dom

2nd Mar 05 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by philwarren11
Dont know if you had the website address for Toniq-R but its...

http://www.huddersfielddesign.co.uk/toniqr/index.html

or www.toniqr.com

[Edited on 02-03-2005 by philwarren11]

aye mate, did a good and everything etc

Although thats the old prototype, unlike the blue/silver one (posted above) which is the new version that will get taken into production - but doesnt have paddle shift or anything But still nice car

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » kit car name needed 22 database queries in 0.0143659 seconds