corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » quarter mile time!!!!!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author quarter mile time!!!!!
corsa kev
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd Feb 05 at 23:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sound the nuts,
what u reckon you can get out of it time wise???
im setting a goal of breaking into the 13;s first but like to hit 13.5 with a lsd,
timrud_

23rd Feb 05 at 07:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm in two minds if I should 1/4 mile this year or not?

If I do I'll fit an LSD, and buy a couple of drag slicks for the front. I'd be properly gutted if I wasn't in the 12's with that.

BUT

Then I think, its a FWD car, and not the best application for the 1/4 mile.... if I wanted a quicker 1/4 mile car I'd saved a bit more and bought an EsCos and put it on a sensible Stg3..... but that wouldn't of been as much fun
Macca_G

23rd Feb 05 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not all about 1/4mile though... its about the mid-range as well... and the sound etc.. V6's sound amazing!
chr15barn3s

23rd Feb 05 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by timrud_
I'm in two minds if I should 1/4 mile this year or not?

If I do I'll fit an LSD, and buy a couple of drag slicks for the front. I'd be properly gutted if I wasn't in the 12's with that.

BUT

Then I think, its a FWD car, and not the best application for the 1/4 mile.... if I wanted a quicker 1/4 mile car I'd saved a bit more and bought an EsCos and put it on a sensible Stg3..... but that wouldn't of been as much fun

theres only one way to find out what the time would be
corsa kev
Premium Member

23rd Feb 05 at 12:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i feel youd realy find it hard braking the 12 barrier,
its a massive barrier in vaux front wheel drive terms,
anyone who brakes it fair play to them,
id be more than happy with 13.1-13.2 and thats a realistic target i think,
but again very hard to achive,
getting below 13.5 is an achivement but i see you have already managed a 13.5 so your on the rite track,

we are going to have to get a corsa sport 1/4 mile day at pod soon while the weather is cool!
timrud_

23rd Feb 05 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I've already done a 13.5, with a pritty poo 60ft time. I'm sure if I could knock 0.3 off my 60ft, it would equate to 0.5-0.6 off my 1/4 mile time?

I might just get some drag tyres and see what difference they make?

My best at santa pod is a 13.7, but on my first run that day i destroyed the syncro for 2nd, making the 1st - 2nd gearchange a bit time consuming, and not nice sounding LOL

Another thing I'm worried about is if I do suddenly get tremendous grip, would that put my box under a lot more strain?
Paula Corsa

23rd Feb 05 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa kev
i feel youd realy find it hard braking the 12 barrier,
its a massive barrier in vaux front wheel drive terms,
anyone who brakes it fair play to them,
id be more than happy with 13.1-13.2 and thats a realistic target i think,
but again very hard to achive,
getting below 13.5 is an achivement but i see you have already managed a 13.5 so your on the rite track,

Not hard to break the 12's at all if you use compatable components and do your home work. Our car was built for £3500, and that includes the cost of the car itself. It does low 11's.

we are going to have to get a corsa sport 1/4 mile day at pod soon while the weather is cool!
corsa kev
Premium Member

23rd Feb 05 at 15:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lsd doesnt make a great difference 1/4 mile, maybe 0.1 - 0.2 ,

the slicks, if warm, would be to your advantage,

the few cars i have seen break the 12's WITHOUT noz have had road legal slicks, that was a phase 3.5 astra gte stripped out as well,
noz is ure best tool for 1/4 in my opinion,
sure u can get into low 13's with the tyres, no back seats,ICE and a diff,
would be one of the quickest corsa's about as you always see turbo novas in this area corsas are rare!
Paula Corsa

23rd Feb 05 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LSD does make a difference if you have the correct suspension setup. Ours made a vast difference to our times.
corsa kev
Premium Member

23rd Feb 05 at 15:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paula Corsa
quote:

Not hard to break the 12's at all if you use compatable components and do your home work. Our car was built for £3500, and that includes the cost of the car itself. It does low 11's.

yes i agree, when building a 1/4 mile car money needs to be spent in different areas to a road one, but people on here mainly have road cars,
what i was saying is that its gonna be a hell of a challenge to get one of these road cars into the 12's!

some serious money spent on the gearbox would bring times down a lot! which most people on here havnt done due to road practicality!
corsa kev
Premium Member

23rd Feb 05 at 15:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what suspention setup would you recomend, whats the spec on ures? and what times u posting!
Paula Corsa

23rd Feb 05 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We use spax coilovers on the front, the rears are top secret at the mo, as they are still under development and are yet to be tested. Quickest time last season was an 11.3 with an ET of 129mph.
corsa kev
Premium Member

23rd Feb 05 at 15:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ures must be the izzac hunt nova if u getting low 11's! if so was a great bit of kit, full respect to you, heard you have sold the engine so whats the plan now??? must be the 16v turbo???

[Edited on 23-02-2005 by corsa kev]
Paula Corsa

23rd Feb 05 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Paula Corsa
quote:

yes i agree, when building a 1/4 mile car money needs to be spent in different areas to a road one, but people on here mainly have road cars,
what i was saying is that its gonna be a hell of a challenge to get one of these road cars into the 12's!

some serious money spent on the gearbox would bring times down a lot! which most people on here havnt done due to road practicality!

We use a standard F28, only difference being it's fitted with an LSD.
Paula Corsa

23rd Feb 05 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[Edited on 23-02-2005 by Paula Corsa]
Paula Corsa

23rd Feb 05 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep
corsa kev
Premium Member

23rd Feb 05 at 15:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not fair, you have ATC behind you mapping and adjusting the thing every 5 mins, it gets quicker everytime it comes out, id love aftermarket management but just cant warrent spending that money for road use!
Paula Corsa

23rd Feb 05 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's only ever been mapped once. Other stuff has helped to bring the time down.
corsa kev
Premium Member

23rd Feb 05 at 15:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what engines it having now??? seen u sold the other one, full respect to you, that thing is the nutz, would love a proper look at it if i ever see you at pod, is it running again?
Paula Corsa

23rd Feb 05 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New engine being re built for this season. First outing will hopefully be Redline Rumble. If Not PV2005. We attend Shakespere county raceway alot through the summer,as it's closer than Pod. Hoping to break the 10sec barrier by the end of this season!!
corsa kev
Premium Member

23rd Feb 05 at 15:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh dear, can i have a sneak peak into the spec of it,
10 sec FWD nova is rediclious! fair play to you all,
Paula Corsa

23rd Feb 05 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
oh dear, can i have a sneak peak into the spec of it,
10 sec FWD nova is rediclious! fair play to you all,

No lol
timrud_

23rd Feb 05 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hats off for the sheer quality of this car...

Total different class to anything else really FWD wise. The Maestro that goes TOTB (is it Andy Nicholls?), and possibly Sunnys FRST along with the other one that did a mad speed on brunters are the only things on-par...

Whats it like on the top end then?
corsa kev
Premium Member

23rd Feb 05 at 17:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id imagine with the f28 id would be pritty good, quality car
3CorsaMeal

23rd Feb 05 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is that the white 5dr maestro?

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » quarter mile time!!!!! 22 database queries in 0.1129920 seconds