corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » People with XE's, a couple of questions...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author People with XE's, a couple of questions...
Al3X

User status: Offline
28th Nov 04 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im starting to crave more power.... And the only thing standing in my way is insurance. So i just wanted to know, who your with, how old, NCB, how much your paying etc.... Just to see if its going to be possible

I dont think i have much hope of insuring it, ill be 20 by the time it happens, but i have no NCB (Mum's insurance... Was a good idea at the time....)

Also maybe some opinions on getting an C20XE instead of a C16XE/X16XE? As i might have to go for a X16 if i cant get insured on a 20XE.

Cheers guys
Joff

28th Nov 04 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Performance Direct, 25, full NCD, unlimited mileage, £150 excess, under £550 FC.

C/X16 is a crap option. The engines are down on power and have to be driven hard to get any performance from them.

Being insured on someone else's insurance is never a good idea - especially if you need to make a claim.
broster
Premium Member

28th Nov 04 at 12:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joff
Performance Direct, 25, full NCD, unlimited mileage, £150 excess, under £550 FC.

C/X16 is a crap option. The engines are down on power and have to be driven hard to get any performance from them.

Being insured on someone else's insurance is never a good idea - especially if you need to make a claim.

not so true............................ok yes it is
drunkenfool

28th Nov 04 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=181865
bradfincham

28th Nov 04 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

19 years old, £650 fc under my dad only reason i has spent 6 months in australia and no insurance company would cover me under my own name as hadnt been in the uk
its limited to 8k miles a year, cat 1 alarm A+ postcode
flux quoted me under 1000 tpft and 1400 fc thats with 0 no cliams and 1 accident
Al3X

28th Nov 04 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmm it could be possible by reading that post, only problem is most people on there had 1 years ncb. I mean i easily do less than 8k miles a year... Maybe even less than 6k, will have cat 1 alarm. Just trying to think of ways that isnt going to make the premium go through the roof.

Joff

28th Nov 04 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Less than 6k? What's the point in having a car at all? Might as well just walk everywhere.
Al3X

28th Nov 04 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heh... Well i would probably start doing more if i got a more powerful car. When i drive my 1.4 Spi , i look at hills and think, damn whats the point, ill be holding everyone up by trying to scale that thing.
MarkW

28th Nov 04 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you have mountains where u live??

[Edited on 28-11-2004 by purple5]
Al3X

28th Nov 04 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, but in this thing, a very small incline is classed as a mountain . I have to floor it to even make it move, i might as well attach a petrol station to the side it drinks so much fuel.
MarkM

28th Nov 04 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drop an XE in and u will understand what petrol consumption is....
Al3X

28th Nov 04 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah but it will all be good, because i dont mind paying for fuel if i can get there in something that feels faster than a milkfloat

So do you guys think its going to be possible, obviously ill have to ring around, but am i wasting my time?
bradfincham

28th Nov 04 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

indeed especially private roads at night!!

joof i do about 5k miles a year!

car gets used 1,2 weekends a month as at uni the others and off road for winter!!
broster
Premium Member

28th Nov 04 at 12:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

blood yhell i do upwards of 16k a year in mine
Matt H

28th Nov 04 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

19 1 year NCB £1100 tpf&t with adrian flux

declared brakes & suspension etc which shows them that the car is safer

i had to have a cat1 alarm fitted

Joff

28th Nov 04 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I expect to get more mpg from the XE than the X16XE, purely because the car won't have to do nearly as much work.

5k? what's the point... sounds like it's just a weekend car so really you should have something better like a Caterham equivalent, not a poxy Corsa.
Matt H

28th Nov 04 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine is limited to 6K. it doesn't normally get used for going to work etc..
bradfincham

28th Nov 04 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joff

5k? what's the point... sounds like it's just a weekend car so really you should have something better like a Caterham equivalent, not a poxy Corsa.

I have one of those to use as well!!
Corsa is my pride and joy and plenty fast enough for now!
Kit car is for the track and sunday morning drives
broster
Premium Member

28th Nov 04 at 12:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a corsa for everyday use/fun use and generally shitting about it, it gets used and abused and still works. dont see the point in having a corsa as a weekend type car. its hardly a special car.
Matt H

28th Nov 04 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
i have a corsa for everyday use/fun use and generally shitting about it, it gets used and abused and still works. dont see the point in having a corsa as a weekend type car. its hardly a special car.

i know its not special but it doesn't look special & thats what i like about it
broster
Premium Member

28th Nov 04 at 12:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah but whats the point in owning a car liek a corsa thats not used, after xmas mine will be rather fast, be even more fun to drive and still it will be used to take me to work everyday and to go shopping in etc. if i wanted a car that i would only use at the weekend id buy something special or something silly fast, like a rx7 etc...
Joff

28th Nov 04 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it's not special then what's the point? Hardly treating yourself.

You'd be better off buying a £200 MTB from Halfords and glueing 400-grit wet and dry to the seat, then go for a naked bike ride.

Now that's special.
Matt H

28th Nov 04 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
yeah but whats the point in owning a car liek a corsa thats not used, after xmas mine will be rather fast, be even more fun to drive and still it will be used to take me to work everyday and to go shopping in etc. if i wanted a car that i would only use at the weekend id buy something special or something silly fast, like a rx7 etc...

rx7 is insurance group 20

nuff said

@ joff
bradfincham

28th Nov 04 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i enjoy driving the car at weekends when i do get to drive it and it takes me shopping etc all sorts!
i dont take the car to uni as would get vandalised and is garaged everynight at home regardless!
Its not just a weekend car i only get to drive it at weekends and do as little wet miles as i can, try polising all that ally and stainless with heaps of road salt on it, took me 3 hours yesterday!
broster
Premium Member

28th Nov 04 at 12:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but you have 3 corsas sell two of them and i bet you could sort it out. i just see it differently to you, i dotn see a corsa as a car to use at the weekend, you do, thats jus tteh way it is i supose

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » People with XE's, a couple of questions... 22 database queries in 0.1079440 seconds