corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » ur Valver Problems...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ur Valver Problems...
myke

User status: Offline
6th Nov 04 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only real problem is a coolant leak. i expect i missed off a jubilee clip though.
i also melted through my pas hose, but again, my fault.

hopefully be fairly plain sailing once these 2bits are sorted. problem is finding any time to work on it with it being so dark now. wish i had a garage.
Meat-Pie-SRI

6th Nov 04 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
you will only ever see posts about problems as people dont post everyday that there cars is running fine.

never thought of that!

I never had any probs with mine really
myke

6th Nov 04 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh, and i forgot that it stopped working for 3 hours after driving through a flood.

think it was a damp coil amplifier.
Mistamist

6th Nov 04 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my engine is still in my shed!
timrud_

6th Nov 04 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My engine has been fine, touch wood!

Just everything attatched to it drivetrain wise I've broken.
Joff

6th Nov 04 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah right oil pump's been sorted on mine
finch1

6th Nov 04 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just had mine back, running like a dream, just waiting for my short shift linkage. Cracking job done
Fad

6th Nov 04 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaDave
I've had a fuel pump go faulty which killed the bottom end bearings. Turned out to be a faulty part supplied during rebuild though. Gear linkage turned on the shaft shortly after the conversion was finished but that just needed re-setting and then really tightening up with buzz gun.

I've also destroyed two inner cv's, one was old one from donor car that I kinda knew was on its way out, other was a the new one from factors that replaced it, less than 6 months old (second gear, foot to floor, bang, shot three bearings through casing).Hopefull that was just a faulty part too.

Other than that it's been pretty much faultless. It can get left on drive for a few weeks sometimes and always fires first time and runs fine.

Worth pinting out though that it had a pretty decent re-build, definately worth doing if you want to minimise any problems.

i've had the same problems as abovebut before my rebuuild it was running soo sweet and took a hammering for every day two years, since the rebuild my oil pressure relief valve might of been stuiuck so starved my new bottom end of oil so has to come out of the car and be rebuilt again

not a happy bunny

J100RSA

7th Nov 04 at 02:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gutted!!!!!!
SportBoy

7th Nov 04 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

since i put mine in last year ive done 18000 mile and so far only probs ive had are i had a phantom noise which 1 rebuild later turnerd out to be the mainshaft in the gearbox and i blew one of the cv joints up giving it abit of teddy .. touch wood the last 10000 mile had been ok just normal car probs .. wheel bearings and ball joints worn etc

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » ur Valver Problems... 22 database queries in 0.0130241 seconds