corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Revs Is Out - With my Car on the Cover (pics)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Revs Is Out - With my Car on the Cover (pics)
myke

User status: Offline
25th Sep 04 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

congrats mate

well deserved

you can drive it now, lol
CRB 553

25th Sep 04 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice feature
Rich S

25th Sep 04 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

congrats mate, ill be out buying a few copies tomoz
Paul_J

25th Sep 04 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Couldn't find that issue in the shops today - so got total vaux
Adam

25th Sep 04 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GM own Opel, Vauxhall, SAAB, Chevrolet, holden. Maybe some others too.

Engines cost a fortune to develop so manafacturers share designs, same way that all the early Vaux diesel engines are made by isuzu.
BeArDy

25th Sep 04 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, been out all day so havent been on to read what been posted

Right as for the turbo if your read the post and buy the mag you will read that the has not been fitted yet, as for fitting the turbo the turbo will just bolt on, as the Vauxhall V6 and the Saab V6 are total the same in every way (if u look at alot of my sensor they all have Saab writen on) the only differane if you need to use the off the block oil feed system off the Saab, a 7th injector will be fine as the turbo is only running very low boost, i know all this as i have been talking to a bloke who has a Astra Mk3 with a V6 twin turbo (he ran single turbo for a while), he ran single turbo for ages without many problems. The turbo will be fitted over winter, i have alot of bits and bobs on order ready for the fitting.
As for fastest corsa in UK i never said that again its revs saying, BUT i did say it one of the most powerful corsa (if i get the 150 off the NOS which i should be close if not spot on as direct port is what it says on the tin) and one of the best top speed corsa in the UK (even without NOS)
the NOS has been fitted and running fine (havent given it a test on the open road yet), the engine if running fine after the rebuild.
Again i know i wouldent have a chance over the 1/4 and the 0-60 with some of the corsas but again topspeed is which i would be good at.

glad people like the feature and as soon as i saw the mag and had a read was waiting for the post on here
glad to see CS never lets me down
BeArDy

25th Sep 04 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the Total Vaux feature is in 2 month so they tell me
cover again
Matt H

25th Sep 04 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good on ya mate
kev_corsa

25th Sep 04 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice one beardy
Nath

25th Sep 04 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BeArDy

25th Sep 04 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heres a pic of the mans car whos been helping me out with the V6 Turbo, he has been building his car for years and knows the ins and outs of turboing a V6 and his engine is a Saab bottom end (brand new) and a vauxhall pop.
his twin turbo engine lasted 3 months and went pop, but hes helping me out loads and loads, and saving me loads on £££££
as hes blown loads of engines in the past, his brain is worth its weight in gold

[Edited on 25-09-2004 by BeArDy]

[Edited on 25-09-2004 by BeArDy]
ed

25th Sep 04 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But BeArDy, it's still impossible because people on Corsasport think so...

Are you going to have to rund water injection and an intercooler on the V6 - is there room for a FMIC?

Well done on the feature - hopefully buy the mag sometime soon to see the write up, the photos look really good, did you get to keep a set?
Dom

25th Sep 04 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good mate

although im curious on the turbo side, what gains are you expecting with the turbo fitted over the current engine state (with/without Fast 'n' Furious gas)? Also, wouldnt it have been easier to fit the saab engine instead?

looking good though mate, although like said i doubt it will shake the ground for the 1/4 times, but top speed will be impressive btw, what top end do you think you could get out of the thing?
Nath

25th Sep 04 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Top speed, BHP, and torque will be mighty!

ed

25th Sep 04 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Near 160mph at a guess? Depends on how long the road is and how swolen his balls are on the day
Nath

25th Sep 04 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Either way its one mental totally one off Corsa, no matter what the CS sceptics say.
Dom

25th Sep 04 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 1800ed
Near 160mph at a guess? Depends on how long the road is and how swolen his balls are on the day

i was thinking it would be slightly more like 70s-80s

although im still curious why the turbo? if its running low boost, surely beardy would get better perfomance out of TBs or other mods?
ed

25th Sep 04 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would you be able to pull those speeds on a Vauxhall gearbox though? I was thinking you'd need custom internals to get it to cruise at those sorts of speeds because the ratio in the 'box would be worg?
Dom

25th Sep 04 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Would you be able to pull those speeds on a Vauxhall gearbox though? I was thinking you'd need custom internals to get it to cruise at those sorts of speeds because the ratio in the 'box would be worg?

dunno, thats why i was asking although there is plenty of grunt in that thing, so surely changing the gearing you could pull that off?

im still waiting for someone to pull off 200mph that will give martin's cossie a run for its money
SteveW

25th Sep 04 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well done bearded man

Tippy Top car that dude, me love its (and you)

defo one of the most powerful corsas in the england... BUT are we still on for that bet me ol mucker ???

give me a little while (i wont change anything on my car, just make it run better )

well done again mate
ed

25th Sep 04 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VisibleMan
quote:

dunno, thats why i was asking although there is plenty of grunt in that thing, so surely changing the gearing you could pull that off?

im still waiting for someone to pull off 200mph that will give martin's cossie a run for its money

200mph in a Corsa would be very difficult, you'd have to custom build a bodykit wih proper aerodynamics and have splitters and spoilers to keep the thing on the ground
Matt H

25th Sep 04 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive done about 140ish in mine & i definatley wouldnt wanna do 200 in a corsa
Dom

25th Sep 04 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by VisibleMan
quote:

200mph in a Corsa would be very difficult, you'd have to custom build a bodykit wih proper aerodynamics and have splitters and spoilers to keep the thing on the ground

hence why im never gonna do it, would rather keep my body intact instead of it being splattered around a runway

However, i still dont think its impossible. That Finish blokes 600 brake let, 4WD system and a custom box and im sure (as long as the power could get down ok) the car would reach a fairly respectable speed then again, your bank balance would also see a nice respectable decrease in funds
BeArDy

25th Sep 04 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

water injection is needed yes, as u can see on the astra, to cool piston 5 and 6 which have alot of heat problems.
i will be running a FMIC will have to play about with pipe work but pipeing isent a problem.
BeArDy

25th Sep 04 at 23:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you look way back, you will find Desmond saying his corsa would do the 200mph mark, have a read, somthing to do with 20's and ratios god knows, i just laughted and dident read and more.....

SteveW any time
give me a time and date, the gps will be out

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Revs Is Out - With my Car on the Cover (pics) 22 database queries in 0.2324929 seconds