corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » courtney turbo conversions

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author courtney turbo conversions
Andy

User status: Offline
7th Sep 04 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nobby
quote:
Originally posted by fadscorsa
quote:
Originally posted by corsa starter
will be just wondered what people opinions where... i know other option is XE but thts the easy way.... 1.4 turbo wud be different(er)

and also very unreliable...their perfect solution to lowing comprssion is to stick two head gaskets together

they are in the same league as the regal cowboys

twat

If you think that sticking two head gaskets together (what Courtenay do in their turbo conversions) to lower compression is anything other than cowboyish, then it's you who's the twat matey
jr

7th Sep 04 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
will be just wondered what people opinions where... i know other option is XE but thts the easy way.... 1.4 turbo wud be different(er)

and also very unreliable...their perfect solution to lowing comprssion is to stick two head gaskets together

twat

you really do know fuck all dont you
J da Silva

7th Sep 04 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think Cossvaux value their customers tbh, their prices have always seemed cheaper than courtenay and regal to me.
Fad

7th Sep 04 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

twat

well seeing as i know the bloke who supplies engines to courtney, cross vaux and regal for their conversions, supplies LSD's to regal also, and also supplies LETs for wallace perfomance i would go by his word over yours dip shit.

and to be fair if you think sticking two head gaskets topgether aint cowboy you really have your head sticking out of your ass....

[Edited on 07-09-2004 by fadscorsa]
jr

7th Sep 04 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and you say i get angry on corsa sport
Fad

7th Sep 04 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well having a bad week and when nob jockeys who think they know it all start...they need to be told....
jr

7th Sep 04 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

amen
Nobby

7th Sep 04 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Firstly, fad im sorry that was a bit harsh and uncalled for.

It just really winds me up when people even refer to Courteanys in the same sentance as Regal, much less compare them. I know Chris Courtenay and his family well and consider it insulting to them even though he no longer owns the company. Jon Shields is also a friend of mine and has been a Vauxhall fanatic much longer then most of the users on this site so I dont believe for one moment that he would do anything to a customers engine that would be classed as "cowboyish"
Greasemonkey

7th Sep 04 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have had a bad experience with Courteney sport, not a turbo conversion but here goes. Read an article in TV about the Mantzel power box they said every customer has been happy with the kits and even the people that fitted them themselves they have never heard from.
Well i must have been a first then cos i had to make numerous phone calls to them to have part delivered that they had forgotten to send, there were bolts missing, gaskets missing, pipes missing i wasnt impressed, in the end i went down to my local motor factors and got the parts i hadnt phoned them about down there.
jr

7th Sep 04 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only company i would trust my car with is v-tunning
sxi16vjoe

7th Sep 04 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Also the method used by Volvo on the T5 I've been told
BeArDy

7th Sep 04 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Courtenay Sport have stop doing engine coverstions as in Swopping engines, they still sell after market items like the 1.4 1.6 Turbo and manifolds
but for a Turbo converstion your looking about £3k+ for :-
Manifold and turbo
5th injector
2 head gaskets
smoothie SRI

7th Sep 04 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont know what the problem is but i will let you know this, I have the frist ever 1.6 16V corsa GSI turbo engine that courtney had ever done and she is still runing fine pushing 190Bhp so if a head gasket spacer dose the job what is there to complane about
BeArDy

7th Sep 04 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by smoothie SRI
Dont know what the problem is but i will let you know this, I have the frist ever 1.6 16V corsa GSI turbo engine that courtney had ever done and she is still runing fine pushing 190Bhp so if a head gasket spacer dose the job what is there to complane about

190bhp?
what else your done?
got a RR graph?
seams alot, Iceman is running 2lt 16v on Throttle bodys and is just pushing 195bhp and hes done alot to his engine
J da Silva

7th Sep 04 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would have thought more along the lines of 145-150bhp from a 1.6 turbo conversion

[Edited on 07-09-04 by VenomTurbo]
Nobby

7th Sep 04 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BeArDy
Courtenay Sport have stop doing engine coverstions as in Swopping engines, they still sell after market items like the 1.4 1.6 Turbo and manifolds
Manifold and turbo
5th injector
2 head gaskets

I know they don't like to fit the old 2.ltr redtops anymore because most of them have been to the moon and back in terms of mileage. But they still do engine conversions.
Andy

7th Sep 04 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Owen Developments had a Courtenay 1.6 turbo conversion in for checking. Guy said it felt sluggish for the150bhp it was supposed to have. Turned out it had just over 120bhp and a torque curve resmbling an Alpine skyline
BeArDy

7th Sep 04 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Manifold and turbo
5th injector
2 head gaskets

I know they don't like to fit the old 2.ltr redtops anymore because most of them have been to the moon and back in terms of mileage. But they still do engine conversions.

i think you will find if you ring them they dont themself
they take all the engine swopping work to Just Novas/corsa
(what they told me when we rang up for a price on a 2.5 V6 into a corsa for a laught )
Nobby

7th Sep 04 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

News to me!

I'll find out on Thursday as the cars booked in for a rolling road session
J da Silva

7th Sep 04 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nobhead
News to me!

I'll find out on Thursday as i'm booked in for a pants down session

Robertio_uk

7th Sep 04 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
Manifold and turbo
5th injector
2 head gaskets

i think you will find if you ring them they dont themself
they take all the engine swopping work to Just Novas/corsa
(what they told me when we rang up for a price on a 2.5 V6 into a corsa for a laught )

whats who i used...just nova/corsa. i found them alright and managed to get my car runnin but they can be a bit pricey with their conversions
goldfish
Banned

7th Sep 04 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Firstly, fad im sorry that was a bit harsh and uncalled for.

It just really winds me up when people even refer to Courteanys in the same sentance as Regal, much less compare them. I know Chris Courtenay and his family well and consider it insulting to them even though he no longer owns the company. Jon Shields is also a friend of mine and has been a Vauxhall fanatic much longer then most of the users on this site so I dont believe for one moment that he would do anything to a customers engine that would be classed as "cowboyish"

they are compared because they are a joke like regal.
DaveC

7th Sep 04 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just for the record, i have a nova gsi with courteny conversion, cost around 3k about 5 years ago now.

conversion was done with engine approaching 100k, now on 145k miles and still going strong, doesn't use a drop of oil, has never broken down and runs perfect all the time.

Only thing wrong with it is where it got broken into 8 months ago and interior was trashed/set fire to.

wouldn't say they're a cheap company, but would say the work they have done has been totally reliable all the way

just my 2p's worth
LukeGSi

7th Sep 04 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Courtneys are about 10 minutes from me and I wouldnt recommend them to do an oil change!! A bunch of fooking monkeys, heard nothing but horror stories from many, many people!! Theres a top company in North Walsham called Griffin, that would be my first port of call
jr

7th Sep 04 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andy
quote:

Owen Developments had a Courtenay 1.6 turbo conversion in for checking. Guy said it felt sluggish for the150bhp it was supposed to have. Turned out it had just over 120bhp and a torque curve resmbling an Alpine skyline

pmsl

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » courtney turbo conversions 22 database queries in 0.2036560 seconds