corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Induction kit

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Induction kit
Joff

User status: Offline
18th Aug 04 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Forced induction or relocated intakes are the way forward.

Standard induction kits do let in hot air, but the main problem is the location of the filter. Get a good feed of air or move the filter into an air stream and you're laughing.
hazey-corsa

18th Aug 04 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im currently making a custom air box, consists of two pipercross cold air feeds, fixed in to the botton of the standard air box with a PVD panel filter, the air feeds will be fitted to either the bumper for a bit of style or to the back of the grill, any opinions of this idea, good or bad?

By the way no1 best steal it!
Rileysport

18th Aug 04 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by hazey-corsa
Im currently making a custom air box, consists of two pipercross cold air feeds, fixed in to the botton of the standard air box with a PVD panel filter, the air feeds will be fitted to either the bumper for a bit of style or to the back of the grill, any opinions of this idea, good or bad?

By the way no1 best steal it!

steal it! Beaten you to it
Joff

18th Aug 04 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should work very well, but consider changing the internal volume and shape of the airbox.

Experiment with that and you might find a slightly smaller volume helps a bit - might make it worse, but worth a go.
I wouldn't bother drilling the airbox unless you're after noise.
blundey

18th Aug 04 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are sooo many great ways to do this.....i persoanlly think buying some induction kit or after market panel filter and adjusting it how you are is the best way forward.
hazey-corsa

18th Aug 04 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am after a bit of noise realli but would like a lil performance basically i think my idea is a bit of an all rounder, noise looks and maybe a power gain.

Sri-co you already done this or something?
Rileysport

18th Aug 04 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have... works damned nicely

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll