corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Illusion Autostyle - Wanna Help?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Illusion Autostyle - Wanna Help?
Ally

User status: Offline
4th Sep 04 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Keep us informed...
damon

5th Sep 04 at 00:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i ust be the only one, i've never had a problem with them and i'd be happy to use them in the future.

but can underestand your situation, i'd be fuming, maybe consider a visit upto their place.
welshdude

6th Sep 04 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't believe this is still going on!

Good for you taking them to court, hope they get whats coming to them.

Steve
Hammy

6th Sep 04 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not even a case of them getting whats coming to them...

They LIED to me, what sort of company quotes you a price then overcharges you thinking they will get away with it? Lawfully thats called 'misinterpretation' or 'breach of contract'.

At least it will show them that they can't lure people into false pretenses by thinking they are getting a good deal then ripping them off, right in front of them!
Woollard

6th Sep 04 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alright mate, with regards to telling the police, it would be pointless. They would not be able to help as this is a civil matter and not a criminal one. trading standards ids the route to take and what someone said about it being your own fault for ordering from them, well thats truly wrong as it is the companies responsibility to provide service as they have a duty of care. dont worry mate, the civil courts certainly wont think it was your own fault for ordering.
goldfish
Banned

6th Sep 04 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Woollard
alright mate, with regards to telling the police, it would be pointless. They would not be able to help as this is a civil matter and not a criminal one. trading standards ids the route to take and what someone said about it being your own fault for ordering from them, well thats truly wrong as it is the companies responsibility to provide service as they have a duty of care. dont worry mate, the civil courts certainly wont think it was your own fault for ordering.

taking money out of an account with out the owners agreement is theft - also not giving back money you are owed could be construed as theft
Hammy

6th Sep 04 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know Woolard, I have been with the Trading Standards quite a bit over the last while, and they have been extremely helpfull.

They have also opened my eyes to the extent of 'rights' consumers have, regardless to what merchants say and would like them to believe...

At the end of the day, this is MY money, they shouldn't be able to get away with not giving it back...

And I will do ALL that I can to ensure that
Hammy

6th Sep 04 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What I have been wondering though is how well e-mails will stand up in a court...

Thats where I made most contact with Illusion, as I knew it would be there in black and white if I ever needed it (don't worry, I have always done this when buying off the net)

So from the first e-mail I sent Scott, right until the last, they are all saved on my computer (paper copies here now) and the same with EVERY e-mail Illusion have sent me...

In total they take alot of reading... but looks like its all worth it now...
alli Ronald

6th Sep 04 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

unlucky mate - hope you get your cash back asap.

to protect other users of instances like this, how about an approved list of companies on CS - with a percentage score and some feedback like Ebay?

that way 1) we would know companies and what they do.... 2) how good they ACTUALLY are.

or would that just get out of hand ?
Woollard

6th Sep 04 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Goldfish - in theory it is theft - but because it is a company and it is linked in with an order, it would not be considered a crime by the police and they would not help. they would state that it is a civil dispute and needs to be rectified in a civil court, not a criminal matter and would advise the person to claim help from citizens advice, etc....
Woollard

6th Sep 04 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hammy - at the end of the day, if the invoice states a certain amount and the bank statement says they have taken more, they are obliged to explain themselves as it is in excess to the agreed amount. If they have no logical explanation then they will have to give it you back.
Hammy

7th Sep 04 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just still can't really comprehend 'why' they overcharged me in the first place...

As for doing something similar to Ebay, I think this would be a good idea, though don't know how you could link it to this site... Perhaps a new section for the traders and people can contact them directly through it, allowing others to view whats happening?

Thanks for all your input, make sure to check back as when I get more infor on whats happening I will post here...
cargraphics4u.com

7th Sep 04 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alli Ronald
unlucky mate - hope you get your cash back asap.

to protect other users of instances like this, how about an approved list of companies on CS - with a percentage score and some feedback like Ebay?

that way 1) we would know companies and what they do.... 2) how good they ACTUALLY are.

or would that just get out of hand ?

From a traders point of view I think this is an excellent idea
blundey

7th Sep 04 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They still havent sent the refund?

When you print out your emails, make sure all headersare printed out with the emails to as it is classed as circumstantial evidence. So make sure all HEADERS are printed with the emails, as details like times, ip addresses and any other nodes will be there.
StuartVRS

7th Sep 04 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would also go for compensation out of this. Just think of how many phone calls you may have made, inconvenience etc. Claim it all back plus more.
Hammy

7th Sep 04 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still no refund Blundey, and as far as compensation goes CorsaCSXI - I'm not that bothered with it, although I did have a £70 mobile bill due to all the phone calls to Illusion...

I just want MY money back, and then I can close this very sad chapter and move along with modifying my car!

I got my new wheels on btw - link should be here!
Ian
Site Administrator

7th Sep 04 at 19:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammy
something similar to Ebay ... don't know how you could link it to this site
Its easy, we replace Classifieds with a proper record format for adverts, and make a feedback table which links username to a unique item - exactly how eBay do.

I'd dearly love to have it but unfortunately we can't really push bandwidth any further and if I'm re-writing the software I'm putting image uploads in there.

When we have renegotiated bandwidth some time in the future and have a higher upper limit you'll see new things start appearing.
Hammy

7th Sep 04 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could probably do this by reducing the size of uploaded files?

I think its a really good idea, then people will have a much less change of being ripped of from what they thought were reputible shops!

Take my sorry situation for example
Hammy

8th Sep 04 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is the best bit yet...

I got an e-mail from Scott basically saying that I wasn't getting the £175 I was overcharged back....

This was because I (allegedly) told them I was a premium member of CorsaSport, and that would have intitled me for discount, however when Scott checked he noticed I wasn't a Premium Member...

A few things to point out at this stage...

I completed my order with Illusion Autostyle on the 30th June 2004. The money was then taken out 2 days later...

On the 22nd July I became a member of CorsaSport...

So, I gather that regardless of WHEN I became a member, because I'm not a Premium Member now I wont get the money back...

Does this make ANY sense at all?

(Just for the record - I have all the first e-mails which I sent to Scott, not ONE of them mentioned CorsaSport, probably because I never knew it existed until I searched for information on PVD on the 18th July... :mad

[Edited on 08-09-2004 by Hammy]
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Sep 04 at 17:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its very good of Scott to give you discount even though you didn't ask for it or deserve it

A quote is a quote, I'm sure once you make it you're bound by it. I've never known anyone claw back discount in the past, especially under those circumstances (withhold of the discrepancy between quote and payment) and *especially* as this was their mistake.

If you'd have fraudulently obtained it and lied about being a member, maybe! I assume Scott won't have any evidence of this being the case!
Hammy

8th Sep 04 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't see why he is refusing to refund it, though my court papers have been sent off so I will let the Magistrates deal with it now. I am fed up constantly on their back about this money which is so blatently mine.

As for me 'lying' about being a member of CorsaSport - All I can go by is the e-mails that I have sent him, and those received from him.

And through e-mail was the only way I contacted Illusion before and during my completion of the order with them... So unless Scott has some proof of this I think it qualifies as a false accusation. And if that is the case it will be mentioned when the matter goes to court.
Joff

8th Sep 04 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit of an aside, but if trading is taking place over U2U, then is CS responsible in anyway?

Maybe there should at least be a notice to say "cut and past a copy of your conversations into notepad to keep a copy for your records".
Same goes for MSN if you don't save your chat logs...
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Sep 04 at 18:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joff
is CS responsible in anyway?
I bloody hope not. If I agree to sell my dodgy push bike while eating a Whopper in Burger King, should I involve Burger King?
Joff

8th Sep 04 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would, or at least make sure they give you a KD crown
Hammy

16th Sep 04 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*Contradictions Ahead - Beware*

Since my previous reply here, there has been a little development with regards to the whole situation with Illusion Autostyle.

Having been told by Scott that I wasn't getting the £175 I was overcharged back 'due to me not being a Premium Member of CorsaSport'

Then to my 'astonishment' I got an e-mail today from the VISA Company saying that the £175 in question was ACTUALLY delivery charges!

Well... thats what was on the invoice Illusion Autostyle sent them...

Perhaps its only me that thinks this, but doesn't that make my case EVEN stronger for court as I.A. can't make up their minds as to why they charged me an extra £175 ontop of my order?

I'm still waiting on the original refund for the neon lights and the wing mirrors, as for the exhaust, I think I will just hang onto it and see what I get charged for getting new brackets welded on so it actually fits the car...

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Illusion Autostyle - Wanna Help? 22 database queries in 0.1954441 seconds