corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Illusion Autostyle - Wanna Help?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Illusion Autostyle - Wanna Help?
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
14th Aug 04 at 18:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The courier not collecting today is out of IAs hands, do you have a proper answer from them as to why they did not turn up?
Hammy

14th Aug 04 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was unable to get through, the phone rang off when I tried. And to a certain extent it is I.A.'s fault.

I should have had the order completed a long time ago, which would have resulted in none of this...

Btw - Did you understand where I got the total from with regards to the money discrepancy?
Ian
Site Administrator

14th Aug 04 at 18:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammy
to a certain extent it is I.A.'s fault.
The whole sorry episode yes, today, no.

quote:
the money discrepancy?
Yeah got that last u2u. I assume you have paper copy of the higher amount?
Hammy

15th Aug 04 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here's how the price difference varied:

Quote from Scott through e-mail = £1253.81

Quote from Scott through snail mail (invoice) = £1258.81

Amount taken from my account = £1428.81

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to notice something aint right...
Richie

15th Aug 04 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

make sure you keep that invoice!
Hammy

15th Aug 04 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The invoice is in a safe place, and there are a couple of copies of it, I also have a copy of 'both' letters that were posted off to I.A., and remembered to get them sent recorded delivery

As well as that, I have all the e-mails that I have sent and received from I.A. archived so if needs be I can get them together at short notice.

The only thing I'm a little disappointed about is not being able to someway record the telephone calls, that would have at least been interesting...lol
Hammy

16th Aug 04 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The courier arrived today and collected the two wrong items!

Although never delivered the replacements, and I'm yet to have the £175 returned to my account...

Hopefully by the end of this week EVERYTHING will be sorted out, one way or the other...
Joff

16th Aug 04 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
The courier arrived today and collected the two wrong items!

Although never delivered the replacements, and I'm yet to have the £175 returned to my account...

Hopefully by the end of this week EVERYTHING will be sorted out, one way or the other...

Yeah, even if it the replacements were sent Friday (ie delivery for next working day - today) it's rarely the same van that does collections as well as drops.
Hammy

16th Aug 04 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was initially told by Scott that there would be two vans, one would collect and the other would deliver, saying as I was expecting both before last Friday I thought that maybe they both would have arrived today, although the courier company never knew anything about a delivery from I.A.

Maybe it will arrive tomorrow
the_legend_of_yrag

16th Aug 04 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks like there shiting it now, but still people wont learn an will order from them
Hammy

16th Aug 04 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by the_legend_of_yrag
... but still people wont learn an will order from them

I never knew their reputation on the forums before I ordered anything from them.

If I would have known before hand I would never have ordered with them in the first, but sadly I didn't know before hand. Reason being is that I only stumbled across this site AFTER I ordered!
blundey

17th Aug 04 at 01:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well i certiainly wont be ordering from them!! My girlfriend is a lawyer, so if you need something on the cheap send me a u2u.
Rich S

17th Aug 04 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We used to use him alot as some of you know, however we no longer are dealing with him. Wont go into details but shows that it aint just the individuals getting done over, its also the companies like ourselves and Horizon.
Hammy

18th Aug 04 at 07:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here's the latest...

The courier has collected the two wrong items, the wing mirrors and the neon lights...

I.A. have been in contact with me again (yesterday) and asked if I still want the wing mirrors and neons replaced...

I said "Yes, providing I get them THIS week" and "NO, if they wont be delivered this week"

Still to get confirmation from them regarding the availability of the items though... Even though Paul assured me that they have the items in stock, "around 100 of each" in fact...

*Watch this space*
Siberia

18th Aug 04 at 07:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm confused..... if they have the items there y the hell cant they just post the bloody things in the first place instead of all this messing about?
Hammy

18th Aug 04 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Siberia
i'm confused..... if they have the items there y the hell cant they just post the bloody things in the first place instead of all this messing about?

I know... would make sense that way.
Richie

18th Aug 04 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did initial citylink collect the items? They offer a collection on delivery service. When Car Audio Direct sent me the wrong stuff, they sent me the new item and citylink took the wrong item away at the same time....
Hammy

18th Aug 04 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Richie
Did initial citylink collect the items? They offer a collection on delivery service. When Car Audio Direct sent me the wrong stuff, they sent me the new item and citylink took the wrong item away at the same time....

No, all they did is take the wrong items, though left a 'Consignment Transit Cover' receipt so all should be well.

I shall contact the courier tomorrow regarding the delivery back to I.A. just to confirm it got to them.
Hammy

1st Sep 04 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another update, I have been in contact with the courts and the forms will be arriving in the post any day now...

Something a little worrying though... I have tried to get onto the Illusion Autostyle site tonight and the page didn't appear to be there... have I missed something?
Joff

1st Sep 04 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Websites can go up and down all the time, it's the first of September and their host might not have received last months payment and automatically turned the site off while it's pending.

Hammy

1st Sep 04 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Joff - just didn't want them to slip off into the night before I get my money back!

I have tried reasoning with them, and they have lied to me over and over again, so I just thought fcuk it! and contacted the Trading Standards and the Small Claims court...

And based on all the *lies* e-mails I have from I.A them saying this and that both the advisors from the court and TS think I have a really good case against them...

Added to that is they will have to come all the way over the Northern Ireland if they defend it
Hammy

3rd Sep 04 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went to get the exhaust fitted today...

The car went onto the ramp, the mechanic lifted the exhaust up to where it is meant to go and said...

The brackets don't match, this looks like it would fit a Corsa B, not Corsa C...

Yet another thing wrong with my order from Illusion Autostyle...

And I am kinda afraid sending it back as I still haven't got a refund for the items I did send back...

So now I am owed £349.90 + £178.95 – Scorpion Monza Back Box

- anyone think I should send it back before I get the first refund?
drunkenfool

3rd Sep 04 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jesus, i didnt think they could get any worse! Good luck sorting it out mate. Id hold on to it ill you get your refund or try and sell it elsewhere.
Joff

3rd Sep 04 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Speak to Motech/Ikon or even Scorpion themselves and see if you can get the exhaust swapped.

You might have to pay shipping costs yourself, but at least you know you can get that part of your order sorted.
Hammy

4th Sep 04 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have been told that if the worst came to the worst, there could be new brackets added to the exhaust to make it fit...

Though I have added this to my court claim, so depending on that outcome, and what happens when the kit gets fitted this week (Still no fitting Kit Scott, thanks) I might just get the new brackets added to it, I know its gonna cost more, but at least I wont be sitting around waiting for a couple of months for Illusion to sort it out!

As for my refund - Scott said that he would refund the price of the wing mirrors and the neon lights, NOT the £175 he overcharged me though... I think his reasoning behind this was because I wasn't a 'Premium Member' of CorsaSport....

How he managed to come to that conclusion is beyond me... Taking into consideration I only joined CorsaSport AFTER he quoted me the price he did...and AFTER I placed my order!

Roll on the court date!

[Edited on 05-09-2004 by Hammy]

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Illusion Autostyle - Wanna Help? 22 database queries in 0.1074178 seconds