corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Illusion Autostyle - Wanna Help?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Illusion Autostyle - Wanna Help?
neoquip

User status: Offline
9th Aug 04 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what was the problem you had Hammy.. without me going through all the posts.
bradfincham

9th Aug 04 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hammy, youre totally within your rights about all this!
I speak to scott on msn most days and seems a genuine bloke. But it appears not.
Hope you manage to sort this out
Hammy

13th Aug 04 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

** UPDATE **

This thread had been removed from the forum on Monday 9th August because of the following:

The Friday previous to me posting this thread, I was advised by Trading Standards to contact I.A. through snail mail and give them 7 days to contact me regarding my order.

I then posted the message on here to get a list of people with similar dealings to mine with I.A.

On Monday 9th August, Scott foned me. This was the first time I had ever spoken to him, and this was 39 days AFTER placing the order with I.A.

He mentioned that he got my letter (recorded delivery of course ) and also mentioned THIS post on CorsaSport... which he was VERY keen to get me to remove. I did so with the apprehension that everything would be sorted this week... Hense its back up now!

What he said would happen would be:

1. A courier would arrive on Wednesday 11th August to collect the two wrong items, manual M3 wing mirrors with Corsa B base plates and blue neon lights.
2. £175 would be put back into my bank account.
3. Replacement wing mirrors (electric) and with CORRECT base plates for Corsa C, GREEN neon lights and of course not forgetting the 'fitting kit' for the bodykit would be delivered by Friday 'At the latest'

What has happened so far...

Has the courier came to collect the two wrong items yet? = NO
(Although a courier was sent to the WRONG address today to collect the wing mirrors and neons. This wrong address is just a street away from my street.) And no-one takes blame for this of course
Have the electric wing mirrors/ base plates and green neon lights been delivered? = NO
Has the £175 I have been overcharged been put back into my account? = NO

So, as expected, I.A. have again let me down.

It looks now like I might end up in court which is probably the only way I will ever get my money back, and either get the two items replaced or refunded.

Please keep me posted on similar difficulties with I.A. and hopefully we can all get what we are owed from them.

Thanks,

Hammy

[Edited on 13-08-2004 by Hammy]

[Edited on 13-08-2004 by Hammy]
drunkenfool

13th Aug 04 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good luck with it mate, i know how annoying it is!
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Aug 04 at 17:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a courier due tomorrow am, you have u2u on some other bits.
Hammy

13th Aug 04 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just replied to your U2U Ian.
Ally

13th Aug 04 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lets hope that this thread acts as a kick up the bum.

If not you are well within your rights to take it to the top.

Red_SXi

13th Aug 04 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know lots of people who have had problems with Illusion, but i am only going to talk from my personal experience, as i dont wan't to be slanderous...

I became friendly with Scott on Msn, as we are both running similar companies, he ended up offering me fairly good trade disconts on things i couldn't get elsewhere, i ordered a few items all of which got to my customers promptly, but then i ordered a whole bodykit (consisting of 3 parts) no parts came for months, after lots of calls to scott he said he's sort it out, and i got a parcel the next day, which had 1 part in it, NOT 3, he asid as i have signed for it then its my problem, in the end i got proof from the courier because of the weight of the parcel that there was not 3 parts in the box, this happened over 6 months ago now, i did get the 2nd part but never had the 3rd part, and didn't get a refund for it either. He also sent a customer only half of a PSG spoiler and clamied that both halfs were there which led to me refunding my customer and loosing on the money i'd paid for it too.
Red_SXi

13th Aug 04 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ALso............ Do you have receipts for your orders? because if you don't there isn't even any proof you ordered the things apart from your bank statement, but there is certainly no proof you didn't recieve them
Hammy

13th Aug 04 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Luckily though I have almost everything I ordered. The only thing I don't have is the fitting kit for the bodykit.

With the other two items, neither of them are 'as described' when I ordered them, so that in itself is reason enough for them to be replaced, and after talking with the Trading Standards Advisor, I know I am well within my rights to have them replaced and within a reasonable time.

As for the money, I have 2 means of proof cleary stating the prices quoted to me by Scott, yet they took more than that from my account so the TSA said it wont be difficult getting that back either if things go as far as to court.
corsafreak

13th Aug 04 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've also had dealing with them, sent me the wrong colour wheels which i kept as long as the refunded the difference (£20 only but it's the principal). finally got it back after threatening legal action in a letter,lots of phonecalls on my part and a few porkies from scott - " i will send the cheque tomorrow first class i promise" uh huh.

oh i forgot took em 2 months from recieving me wheels.

[Edited on 13-08-2004 by corsafreak]
welshdude

13th Aug 04 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have received a refund from Illusion Autostyle 6 weeks after placing my order for a pair of Steinmetz sideskirts that were never delivered.

Most of the people that work in I.A are useless, they always say that they'll call you back but never do apart from a guy called Paul.

Im happy tho as Ive had a refund and never have to deal with them again.
Drew
Banned

13th Aug 04 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Red_Sxi

I became friendly with Scott on Msn,

sounds familiar - did the same, got my car done there (at his old company) never heard from him since i got it back
BarryAstra

13th Aug 04 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My problem/situation with Scott is pre Illusion Autostyle...

I gave Scott a large sum of money to buy parts for my Astra when it was goin into Koncept Developments...Scott was working for koni at the time and as I had became friendly with him I trusted that he could do this easily...scott agreed that he would buy the parts and any money left over would be given back to me and go towards my final bill...some parts were ordered, some were not, and a big chunk of my money...over £1k...is unaccounted for...so basically my issue with Scott is personal!

And if u read this Scott...i suggest u contact me or respond to my e-mails/messages

[Edited on 13-08-2004 by BarryAstra]
BarryAstra

13th Aug 04 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just to add....I have spoken to Scott about this countless times and he has agreed to sort it countless times but it has yet to be...now its time for it to be sorted...
Drew
Banned

13th Aug 04 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you ever get the astra finished?

seems it was meant to be ready for donny - 18 months ago
BarryAstra

14th Aug 04 at 00:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Originally it was meant to be done for Donny but after a change of mind about the outcome of the car, a whole lot more work has been put in, plus a shit load of money...the car will come out eventually...maybe sooner than you think...
Hammy

14th Aug 04 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A little thing I have learnt to ask I.A. for is a consignment number.

This basically means that if they give you one there is DEFINATELY something going to be delivered to you (you can put the consignment number on the couriers website and track the parcel)

So anytime I have contacted I.A. and when they told me the order had been sent out I asked for the consignment number. I had to admit that most of the times I did ask for this they had it there, which was reassuring, although there were a few times they said they didn't have it yet and would chase up the courier company to get it then "Phone me back".

Am waiting for a courier to collect the two items today, I am confident this will happen as I spoke to the Courier Company last night.

As for the replacement items, although Paul 'presumed' yesterday with an e-mail that they would be here today, I'm not relying on it...

Will let you all know what happens today!

** £175 Overcharge update - Still hasn't been returned!

[Edited on 14-08-2004 by Ian]
Hammy

14th Aug 04 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Past 12 now, still no sign of the courier...
Joff

14th Aug 04 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They've put it onto a Saturday delivery for you? Nice!
Hammy

14th Aug 04 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats what they said... Starting to think its like everything else they have told me though...
Richie

14th Aug 04 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it was on for a Saturday delivery then they are usually all done by about 12 any sign?
Hammy

14th Aug 04 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing was collected today, even though I spoke with the Courier Company (Interlink Express) AND I.A. yesterday with BOTH of them confirming that there would be a collection today!

I doubt I will see the items replaced or the money refunded to my account. I don't even think now that I want a replacement for the items, I just want a full refund. There has been more than enough time for I.A. to sort this out, and to be honest my patience has worn thin with them.

I don't know if I can in detail talk about the next steps I am to take as advised by Trading Standards, but will keep everyone posted about whats happening as and when it does...

Thanks for contributing to this thread, and remember - if you have any information, or want to let me know what has happened with yourselves with regards to an order gone wrong with I.A. feel free to continue to post on here as I will keep my eye on this thread and might be able to gather up some of the information that could be very useful at a later date..

Hammy
Drew
Banned

14th Aug 04 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pretty obvious what the next step is, considering it will be regarded as theft

so it will prob go to court, and you will end up getting 50p per week back
Hammy

14th Aug 04 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is that the way you see it panning out Drew?

I was thinking more along the lines of a cheque... hmm...

I never thought about it like that though... Besides, as long as I get what is rightfully mine, then I don't mind...

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Illusion Autostyle - Wanna Help? 22 database queries in 0.1932261 seconds