corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » FAO SRI B owners

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FAO SRI B owners
CopyWrite

User status: Offline
8th Jul 04 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What Differences does a 1.4 sri have from a standard sri, is the suspension lower? does it have a rev counter?
if u have an sri could u plz confirm some differences as I've found one that I might have a look at later seeing as I killed off my old corsa.

thanx in advance.
KennyT

8th Jul 04 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all sri's are 1.4's, some are 16V's but the early ones are 8V's.

i'm almost possative they all have rev counters.

the only corsa to have lower suspension to any other is the gsi however from april 97 the suspension was tuned by lotus to make it handle better.
AdiSRI

8th Jul 04 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as far as i know the SRi (well my SRi did) has the same lowered suspension as the GSi, -15mm.

All SRi's have rev counters and things like electric mirrors as far as i know.

My SRi has PAS, Air bags, ABS etc... but i know these r not standard equipment on the car.
CopyWrite

8th Jul 04 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate...
yes its an early 1 so prob 8v.
atleast I'll av a rev counter this time.

cool, electric windows hehe...is that ur sri in the avata?

[Edited on 08-07-2004 by CopyWrite]
AdiSRI

8th Jul 04 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes m8.

The 8v's not as quick as the 16v, but it is easier to fix if things go wrong. Personally i love the 16v, easy to tune too, so maybe u shud hold on for a M-N reg 16v SRi...
KennyT

8th Jul 04 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it was august 1994 that all sri's became 16v's.

there was a topic on here a while ago about if sri's, sports and sxi's had lower suspension than standard and i was sure the outcome was they didn't.
i've now gone back to believing that they do!
julienlet

8th Jul 04 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who says 8v's are faster than 16v's, I prove you not my old 8v used to cream over 16v's... Racing an L-plate GSi round back roads also and he asked if my 8v was chipped or in neway rather modded, Also asked by a nova gte owner to pop the bonnet as I Creamed all over him up to 110mph on straight road then finally on losing my licence I was tanking a 205 gti 1.6.. Dont under estimate the power of 8v's. Now have 16v, only becasue you get that lush noise and 100times easier 2 mod engine.
Greasemonkey

8th Jul 04 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Er there is no way an 8V would beat a 16V only from launch then the 16v would do ya. And as for beating a GSI no way!!!!
julienlet

8th Jul 04 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Am telling you mate, my 8v with s/s supersprint de-cat pipe, full s/s powerflow system and a set of 17's.... Equal start with 16v from start then into 4th gear (longer ratio av been told) and the 16v was looking at my tail. Mean mayb previous owner had done mods and never told me. As for the GSi, like a said it was backroad, he poss didnt know it very well but a was in front at all times with him not making attempts at trying to overtake and him asking me desperately at wat was under the bonnet..
A_Venables

8th Jul 04 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, I have the same arguments al the time, take the oe back box of and stick a performance model on as it restrictive, give it a decent supply of air and the 8v is very quick for a 1.4, 16v I WILL beat very easily up untill 70mph, by that time youve made youre point! As far a GSI's it will give them a fair run until about 50mph, I have often messed with these car and not beleived what I am racing, there was some lad round my area in a 16v with same mods, he kept asking for races at a number of cruises but I turned him down because the road was always wet, finally saw him out on the road a couple of weeks later and walked it, this would be over 10 miles of traffic light stop starts side by side and dual carrageway with roundabouts, next time I saw him at a cruise he wouldnt speak to me, because he had said the same usual thing 8v crap, dont underestimate the 8v!
Rebrabuk

8th Jul 04 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My 94 L SRi doesn't have lowered suspension, doesn't have PAS and doesn't have E/W. Infact, it has nothing.

Only had 1 encounter versus a 16v model. Was equal all the way from standing start to flat out. He had 17's on though so with standard wheels he would've been alot faster i guess?
drunkenfool

8th Jul 04 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my 93 SRi doesnt have electric anything, power steering etc. but did have a rev coutner
Rebrabuk

8th Jul 04 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah yes, mine has a rev counter too.
julienlet

9th Jul 04 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some of the K-reg si's/sri come with leccy windows, leccy sunroofs but duno if that optional. Think if you wanted abs, powersteering etc etc there was an extra charge. EXTRA ADDED WHICH IS NOT NEEDED LOL
A_Venables

9th Jul 04 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine came with leccy windows, mirrors and other stuff, now has haeted seats and will hopefully get a leccy sunroof! manual was also an extra!
deanmcreynolds26

9th Jul 04 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My 8v SRI pisses all over 16v's until about half way through 3rd gear! then its all over! maybe 16V drivers are shite maybe not ive embarrased a few saxo VTR's in my time as well

New Poll