corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » how easy is it to add a turbo to a 20xe?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author how easy is it to add a turbo to a 20xe?
J da Silva

User status: Offline
4th Jul 04 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there is a lot of managements upgrades on offer for c20let's wallace performance have 6 different versions of software, all you need is the right parts to let it run safely, that temptation will always be there cos you tend to think 'why have 204bhp when i can have more for a few hundred pound?'

robertio how much would you be thinking of funding into the engine once you've paid out costs to buy it, fit it and get it running without any problems?

edited due to shite typing skills

[Edited on 04-07-04 by VenomTurbo]
AK

4th Jul 04 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah.... but to run those chips safelt you'll need to be able to handle the boost... i.e bigger injectors, pump = expense
Robertio_uk

5th Jul 04 at 00:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was think about the 2-3k mark to have it all runnin safely.
AK

5th Jul 04 at 07:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

c20xe then
deanmcreynolds26

5th Jul 04 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hes already got the C20XE so i think he should get tb's
Siberia

5th Jul 04 at 08:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LET the MOFO vroom pistssssssh!
TOMAS

5th Jul 04 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone thaught about the weight apect? Let with F28 is very heavy and it will handle worse than XE redtop with TB's. Rob you had your bay seam welded yet? Cos mines being booked in for a full bay seamwelding and plating to beef things up before the new lump goes in. Deffo going the tarmac rally setup matey...
Robertio_uk

5th Jul 04 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where you goin got get it done mate? didnt have the bay seam welded as got told it wasnt need....just for novas:s
Greasemonkey

5th Jul 04 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah seam welding aint needed, Beardy is gonna have over 300BHP in his corsa and its fine, never heard of any one seam welding a corsa, only for motorsport purposes
TOMAS

5th Jul 04 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For only £200 i'd rather get it done than risk anything... then you can drive with some confidence. Everyone who ive spoke to in rally etc says seamwelding/plating is a must, silly not to and plate up the turrets especially when 99% of us run pretty low hard setups. In my oppinion not seamwelding is a corner cut and for how easy it is...

And IMO Beardy is silly to run 300brake and not seamweld, he's trying to proove a point but all that trouble and money spent to simply cut out a little welding...

[Edited on 05-07-2004 by TOMAS]
J da Silva

5th Jul 04 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've been seam welding my engine bay all this weekend, as its a 10 year old bodyshell, i've suffered various chassis damage to old rusted areas from 284bhp'sworth of c20let.

2-3k = c20xe
or maybe keep saving up for a c20let
it maybe the case that in a few months of owning a tb'd xe, you may think 'i want a c20let for definate' then you've spunked all that money on the xe and back to scratch

have a good think about it first mate
TOMAS

5th Jul 04 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No disrespect to the turbo boys but I know which route i'd do anyday! My biggest concern is that a redtop may be too heavy and I may just go down the X16XE route, but ATM the redtop and later addition of TB's is looking favourite. Theirs a point in which you have to start to be carefull, I think Venom will agree thats he's at it - where you need to start to add LSD or even 4WD to get the power down properly in a FWD under 1tonne hatch...
J da Silva

5th Jul 04 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, i eventually invested in a quaife LSD, does the job nicely
however i don't agree with your theory on bad handling, mine corners better than my 1.4 sri ever did
more weight, lower to the floor,good downforce, grips like hell round corners

i remember before i got the c20let, i read a lot of posts about c20let conversions etc etc and various people gave opinions and arguements about them, a lot of it was utter bullshit
TOMAS

5th Jul 04 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I can honestly say that I have no personal experience in either but from all the people envolved in rally that ive spoke to 100% say that the Redtop is best & LET with F28 is just too darn heavy. Im just guessing that a heavy lump upfront with make the car very unbalanced (front heavy) which will hinder turn in and should give more understeer?
TBH i'd be happy with either but im definatley more convinced over the valver also cost comes into the picture too. THE debate will go on for years I expect, horses for courses etc. Some people prefer straight line umph others love throwing it into bends...

[Edited on 05-07-2004 by TOMAS]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll