corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » why do bbc kiss owens arse?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author why do bbc kiss owens arse?
Bonzai

User status: Offline
21st Jun 04 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to me he has played shit in all 3 games and , if i were in charge, would of left him on the bench today. motty seemed to jism whenever the ball went within feet of owen and yet he provided nothing to the game. vassell and rooney are all england need. fearless strikers with the pace and ability to run at the defence and score goals. with scholes too, all they need to worry about is the defence.

owen is panse
Ojc

21st Jun 04 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, you fail to see the bigger picture, he may have not scored goals but his presence and experience is something that cannot be ignored.

Little touches here and there made the difference tonight, two of the goals Owen started.
Adam_B

21st Jun 04 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

agree.

not so much tonite but in the other 2 games he was running at defenders and pulling them away from rooney making space, and chances etc imo.
Sinth

21st Jun 04 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

agreed.
owens experience is 2nd to none plus i prefer england started wid owen as i find vassell too eager but can only maintain that for little periods so if he played the whole game he would be useless.
MikeD

21st Jun 04 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Owen needs a goal to help his confidence, but having rooney up there is good for him, he doesnt have to shoot all the time, and when one has the ball the other is not too far away for him. we dont need two out and out strikers to win a match
Gavin
Premium Member

21st Jun 04 at 22:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he did play alittle bit better in tonites game... but still he hasnt play to his best. the last two games have got to be the worse i have seen him play for england!

pew pew pew pewwwww
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
21st Jun 04 at 23:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Remind me who set Rooney up with the header against Switzerland?

Or perhaps who beat Butina to keep the ball out and via Rooney off to Scholes for a goal tonight?

Are you watching the games at all?
sfxer

21st Jun 04 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Remind me who set Rooney up with the header against Switzerland?

Or perhaps who beat Butina to keep the ball out and via Rooney off to Scholes for a goal tonight?

Are you watching the games at all?

lol

and the through ball for rooney, all owen needs is a goal and he'll come alive again
R Lee

21st Jun 04 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah well, bonzai truly got shot down in this thread

i personally thought owen did well too
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
22nd Jun 04 at 00:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes I feel he's done good
Stone Cold Rattlesnake

22nd Jun 04 at 00:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Owen is always great especially for England just because he hasn't scored goals doesnt mean he hasn't contributed he's vital to England with his link up play with Rooney especially
Hammer

22nd Jun 04 at 00:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a player Rooney is, he'll be the best in the world in a few years time without a doubt if he continues to progress at the rate he is! Personally i think he'd be better with a big target man along side him to add a different dimension at times, but we'll see as the tournament progresses if im right.
Demo

22nd Jun 04 at 08:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^dont make me laugh boy
Melville

22nd Jun 04 at 08:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bring back Shearer
nik

22nd Jun 04 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shearer and the roon I agree owen hasn't looked anywhere near his form of a few years ago for a while now
vibrio
Banned

22nd Jun 04 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm totally suprised Sven actually plays lampard
Mad Moe

22nd Jun 04 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oowen has looked a bit out of sort recently and I admit I though a change might shake him up a bit but after last nights performance he is once again totally justified his starting berth, he played really well imo and all we need now is for him to start scoring.

Also How good was Scholes last night? really pissed me off that people where getting on his back. I mean for fuck sake he's been our most consistent midfielder for years now and is truely worldclass.

However I do agree with Vibrio I think Lampard's a little way off at this level yet, dont get me wrong I think he's a good player just not quite there as an intenational yet.
Ojc

22nd Jun 04 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lampard? Have you noticed that he has scored 2 goals? Have you noticed his awarness and the little touches he puts in?

I feel you have not been watching Euro 2004.
nik

22nd Jun 04 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd have Lampard over Scholes over last season and current form
Tom

22nd Jun 04 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Owen is a wordclass player with great experience and was invaluable to all3 games so far imo, he has not been so confident goalside but still is making goals for other players such as rooney, it is just a bit frustrating to watch as you know he has it in him.

IMO terry didn't play all that well and king looked really good again for his little spell.

Lampard is a great player and had the best game in midfield (not just cos' he scored).

Team are playing really well together at the moment and are capable of going to the final imo, oh and in your face scottish and welsh and irish ppl who were slating us last monday
vibrio
Banned

22nd Jun 04 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Lampard? Have you noticed that he has scored 2 goals? Have you noticed his awarness and the little touches he puts in?

I feel you have not been watching Euro 2004.

yes he has scored 2 goals, however he is a midfield player. he is crap in midfield
vibrio
Banned

22nd Jun 04 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Owen is a wordclass player with great experience and was invaluable to all3 games so far imo, he has not been so confident goalside but still is making goals for other players such as rooney, it is just a bit frustrating to watch as you know he has it in him.

IMO terry didn't play all that well and king looked really good again for his little spell.

Lampard is a great player and had the best game in midfield (not just cos' he scored).

Team are playing really well together at the moment and are capable of going to the final imo, oh and in your face scottish and welsh and irish ppl who were slating us last monday

I'm laughing at you. England are playing crap. when hey can bea coun rys which are very goo a foo ball hen you can come here and alk abou hem. un il hen you may G F.

[Edited on 22-06-2004 by vibrio]
Stu_22

22nd Jun 04 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Owen is not playing as well as he used to. He used to run with the ball through defenders I havent seen much of that from him yet.

Let hope Rooney doesnt go the same way
Tom

22nd Jun 04 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
quote:
Originally posted by Tom

I'm laughing at you. England are playing crap. when hey can bea coun rys which are very goo a foo ball hen you can come here and alk abou hem. un il hen you may G F.

[Edited on 22-06-2004 by vibrio]

be honest though, you would never admit we were doing well, you are just a typical jealous jock who needs to gtf
Stone Cold Rattlesnake

22nd Jun 04 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think King should replace Terry as he's played much better that Terry recently

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » why do bbc kiss owens arse? 23 database queries in 0.1669109 seconds