corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Ideas

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ideas
Jodi_the_g

User status: Offline
9th Jun 04 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As some of you know I import cars for a living as well as own a small repair/general work garage.
Recently I have decide to get into the aftermarket parts business as I have been selling the odd parts here and there for many years now,
I have managed to negotiate some good discounts with suppliers, and aim to expand this area of the business over the next few years, I have a ‘war chest’ as my marketing bloke says and have decide on an aggressive advertising campaign,

But because I have decided I want to be different to other companies offering this service.
As how often do you say ‘that was different’ as well as offering a first class service.

I was wondering if you guys and gals have any ideas that you would love an aftermarket shop would do.

No silly ideas such as not charge you for anything and we will send stock to you unlike some unnamed companies.

Just ideas to be different
modded_corsa

9th Jun 04 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe cheap delivery?.....offer a 28 day no quible money back gaurentee
Jodi_the_g

9th Jun 04 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by modded_corsa
maybe cheap delivery?.....offer a 28 day no quible money back gaurentee

delivery is already going to be in the price, I hate extras once you buy something

I like the 28 day idea as well
thanks
DanielJ

9th Jun 04 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

erm get some sort of open day going on to show people what your all about
GY52

9th Jun 04 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a PC with a fotoshop program on it allow people to see what it could look like before they actually buy product. Then if they fink it looks awesome no excuses for not ordering as theyre in shop!!
frenchcorsa@work

9th Jun 04 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"if you can find the same product cheaper elsewhere in the U.K. we will give you back the difference and a bottle of champaign"
only available during the month after the purchase...
Matt H

9th Jun 04 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

business aint just about pricing

is it a shop or just mail order?
Jodi_the_g

9th Jun 04 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I not going to claim to be the cheapest becuase I can't really compete with some of the bigger shops (at the moment anyway)

Its going to be a small shop and mainly mail order.
DanielJ

9th Jun 04 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

perhaps offer a free set of locking nuts/ wheel cleaner with your wheel packages etc, all about related selling mate (my work course is really showing through now )
GY52

9th Jun 04 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try and get some free advertisin -ie: send a window sticker to everyone free who spends over like £100 or sumfin? That way u cud get cars all over place with phone number etc on. Friendly helpful advice from a person who really does know what theyre on about is always the clincher for me tho.
Jodi_the_g

9th Jun 04 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was thinking that I hate it when you ring up a shop and get some school drop out with out a clue on the phone, so looking into getting trained staff or creating a knowledge base for them on the computer
DanielJ

9th Jun 04 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id work for you if i lived closer motorworld is shite, i feel my skills are more usfull elsewhere
GY52

9th Jun 04 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went to Halfords and they didn't wana speak to me cos the 1st fing I sed was I'm on a budget of £250 for a head unit so I went to a place in Hove called Huets they treated me like I was da most important person there even tho I wernt spendin loads. All i have to do now is go back there when they have the one I want in and pay 4 it!!
DanielJ

9th Jun 04 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sound like me, had a guy intrested in a set of wheels for 700 quid, was ifin and arin and i convinced him by allow him to try one on and chucking him a set of locking nuts in to sweetin the deal, one of my regulars now
Jodi_the_g

9th Jun 04 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So far I like the following ideas

1. 28 money back guarantee

2. Quick delivery included in the price so no hidden charges

3. Going to arrange an open day, our suppliers are going to bring some of there show cars down

4. Trained staff taking orders

5. Run permanent offers such as:
Free locking wheel nuts with every set of wheels sold
Free polishing Kit with bodykits s standard

Any more ideas as after all people like yourselves will benefit form this, I want in to be aftermarket shop for people who enjoy styling their cars, and wish to do it with the best products and service available.
Mattb

9th Jun 04 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think the two most important things are:

a good understanding of the product/s that you are selling,

a good customer service.. sales and aftersales..
DanielJ

9th Jun 04 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

drinks machine is popular if you get enuff people in, thats something for later on tho, make the shop a comfortable place for customers to be in
GY52

9th Jun 04 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Link up with local window tinters and the like - put them on ur website or shop etc cos I like it when I go in somewhere and they can recomend a sound bloke to do somethin that mite b needed due to product i'm buyin. eg big wheels - someone to roll arches!! Sub & amp someone to wire it up
Jodi_the_g

9th Jun 04 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drinks machine thats why we employe a girl called lisa, I prefer the term 'big tits mank face girl' but all she is good for is making tea, so she could do it for everyone else, and filing paperwork
koolkorsa

9th Jun 04 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Although a lot of your business may be mail order - i agree with dan - make your shop as good as possible. Make your shop different to every other shop. Get people talking. how you do that is up 2 you. I'd suggest a nice modern look but have some twist - maybe something really random in your shop. Don't know what - first thing that springs to mind is one of those ride on bulls that u've gotta hang onto! Obsessed with those at the moment. You get the idea though, something a bit different that people will talk about and hopefully come to the shop to see. And make sure you've got lots of cheapish bits and bobs and accesories for people to buy once they're in the nice environment of your shop.
Adam-CorsaC18s

9th Jun 04 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i like the idea of a photoshop of the customers car with the alloys / bodykit they buy on there.

Either that or a big ass database of all the bodykits on all the cars!!!
DanielJ

9th Jun 04 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i feel jodi should offer me partnership as im a fountin of knowledge after turning my shite shop around since iv started
Jodi_the_g

9th Jun 04 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DanielJ
i feel jodi should offer me partnership as im a fountin of knowledge after turning my shite shop around since iv started

I think you should ask motorworld for one
DanielJ

9th Jun 04 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ye right, the only reason im still there is cos i enjoy the work i do, in actual fact the company is shite, pay is shite, the way its run its shite, need to get saving for me own place, would make a bomb around here
DanielJ

9th Jun 04 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

another thing is like a loyalty system, everytime a person spends a certain ammount instore they get a stamp, after a set number the customer is rewarded for being loyal to you

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Ideas 22 database queries in 0.1043329 seconds