corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » In car computer install (astra mk3)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author In car computer install (astra mk3)
Adam-D

User status: Offline
31st May 04 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i like that alot
but as for using it how are you gonna get it to boot up and shut down via the ignition or a remote line?
davemark

31st May 04 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it will be used for sat nav,mp3 and divx movies mainily , future options are dvds , reversing cams etc etc .... and yest he screen is touch

adam d - it uses the ignition lead into a speical in car psu which when u crank car boots up pc ... and when turn of will put pc in standby ..or hibernation of off (depending what u set the pc to ) me personly gonna use standby (quicker to come on)

dave

[Edited on 31-05-2004 by davemark]

[Edited on 31-05-2004 by davemark]
Richie

31st May 04 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you use standby though there will still be current draw from the PSU.........will drain car battery if left for a bit.

Hibernation would be better as it saves the RAM to the HDD as an image and loads it when you turn it back on, meaning no power will be used while its off to keep the memory going....
davemark

1st Jun 04 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Richie
If you use standby though there will still be current draw from the PSU.........will drain car battery if left for a bit.

Hibernation would be better as it saves the RAM to the HDD as an image and loads it when you turn it back on, meaning no power will be used while its off to keep the memory going....

on a good car bat.. car can stay in standby for about 26 days if u not gonna crank for that long just shut down comp ( a friend of mine did lots of reseach )

dave

[Edited on 01-06-2004 by davemark]
M2RTY

2nd Jun 04 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a shit hot set up and 26 days seems a tad optermistic
davemark

2nd Jun 04 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M2RV H
i have a shit hot set up and 26 days seems a tad optermistic

what ya mean any car with a good bat could run a little comp for about 26 days in standby and about 6 hours on playeing somthing...

dave
davemark

7th Jun 04 at 07:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok latest on this is i now have my in car power psu running so the computer goes into standby when i crank of and when i start up comes out of standby.... lovely , i have also recently got rid of all the hums with a ground loop icolater great bit of kit

cheers

davemark - www.projectastra.co.uk

[Edited on 07-06-2004 by davemark]
davemark

16th Dec 05 at 00:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah screens touch screen , imputs are general pc ones ... usb etc etc .... its used for mp3 and sat nav , dvd (wile not driving of course) .. etc etc

Dave

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll