corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » First pics of Vauxhall new VXR Range.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author First pics of Vauxhall new VXR Range.
Daimo B

User status: Offline
6th May 04 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a race against time, but Vauxhall is putting the finishing touches to its new VXR performance line-up in readiness for this month's British Motor Show. And while the brand will be unveiled with the help of souped-up versions of the Monaro and VX220, we've got even bigger news about where the line-up is heading.

Although it won't be on display at the show, we have learned an Astra VXR is in development. Based on the as-yet-unseen three-door Astra, it will be offered in two forms: a toned-down 150mph performance model (as in the magazine's pictures) and a wild, bespoilered version, complete with 19-inch alloys, mesh grille inserts and a huge airdam at the front.

Both cars will get a 2.0-litre turbocharged engine, based on that in the current Astra GSi. Power will be upped to around 235bhp and fed through the front wheels, while a six-speed manual gearbox will be included as standard.

The Astra chassis is being fine-tuned by the Opel Performance Centre (OPC) at Vauxhall parent firm GM's European headquarters in Russelsheim, Germany. Engineers suggest that it will be the most dynamically capable Luton hatchback ever, and could eventually replace the Coupé as the company's racer in the British Touring Car Championship.

Meanwhile, the maker has revealed more details about its first two VXR models, which will be used to launch the brand at the Birmingham event - and we have the first pictures of both! The flagship will be a 380bhp version of the 5.7-litre V8 Monaro, identifiable from lesser models by its lower front bumper, side skirts and 19-inch wheels.

Other tweaks include stiffer sports suspension and larger-diameter brake discs to rein in the extra power. Inside, it gets Alcantara sports seats and extra dials giving voltage and oil pressure readouts. Performance and price details have yet to be released, but it's believed the Monaro VXR will cover 0-60mph in less than five seconds and cost £35,595 when it arrives in the summer.

The second model will be a modified lightweight version of the VX220. Expected to cost about £30,000, the VXR220 will come with lowered suspension, even stiffer handling and uprated brakes. It will be identifiable by its matt black detailing. The grille, bonnet vents, windscreen surround, mirrors and rear spoiler will all be finished in the colour.

The unique appearance will be further enhanced by 19-inch black Speedline alloys. And the racing look will continue inside, with Alcantara bucket seats, harness-style seatbelts, carbon fibre trim and black anodised aluminium door and floor panels. While the standard model develops 200bhp from its 2.0-litre turbo, company tuning experts say the VXR220 will boast in excess of 220bhp, and do 0-60mph in around four seconds. There will also be a selection of VXR bodykits for other Vauxhalls available at dealers

vibrio
Banned

6th May 04 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FPMSL @ the gay paint colour

VXR the homo brand of performance cars from Vauxhall
Tom

6th May 04 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Beasts I'd love the monaro think they're well nice..altho those wheels look daft on the vxr one..
Daimo B

6th May 04 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still think the monaro should have over 400bhp for a car of its size (not that im disputing the standard 5 secoudn dash to 60 and 160mph+ top end )

No rossinder, VXR has been brought about due to the sucess of Vauxhall in motor racing.

Fiat are doing well, oh, no good enough cars to enter
Fad

6th May 04 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio

dotn see Fiat making any so called "perfromance cars" jst luke warm bags of shite like the multipla
Fad

6th May 04 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antscorsa
ah but that y fiat ar ethe fmaily car part they odnt need a performance range thas wot alfa romeo, ferrari and maserati are for

ant dont know whats happening to you recently but u must have a few keys missing on your keyboard your typing absoloute bollocks

and as for alfa Romeo oh deaaar they can only be described as part time performance cars when they aint broken
Ojc

6th May 04 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vauxhall are on to a winner with this.

Ford are falling behind with there warm hatches.

Honda, well they make lawn mowers

Citroen - 2CV

Peugeot - Plastic panels

Renault - French

Tom

6th May 04 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But that's not the point FIAT (i.e. the brand) is not being used in racing

I'd have an alfa only if it was brand new tho, start rusting after about 2 months
mike16v

6th May 04 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

Citroen - 2CV

Peugeot - Plastic panels

Renault - French

Tom

6th May 04 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
oh my god, old afas were shit but new are so much beter, im urwe they came above the vaux in the jd power test

i'm winding you up i'd love a gta 146...or the new 'gt' well shexy

Fad

6th May 04 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
oh my god, old afas were shit but new are so much beter, im urwe they came above the vaux in the jd power test

u'd be wrong

Old family friend has a GTV and the srvice bill was horendous so much was wrong with it and it only had 28K miles on the clcok think its service came to summing rouind the 700 mark

well known for electric faults and unreliability
mike16v

6th May 04 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
vaux-boring i think u missed out then OJC

wouldnt really call an astra GSI or a vx220 turbo boring wud u
Fad

6th May 04 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

well to be fair u do drive a 1 litre
vibrio
Banned

6th May 04 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fadscorsa
quote:

dotn see Fiat making any so called "perfromance cars" jst luke warm bags of shite like the multipla

not since the coupe no. however there are a few in the making

and lets no forget Alfa's mmm 147 GTV 0-100 14.10s. not to shabby

[Edited on 06-05-2004 by vibrio]
vibrio
Banned

6th May 04 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
But that's not the point FIAT (i.e. the brand) is not being used in racing

I'd have an alfa only if it was brand new tho, start rusting after about 2 months

it is you fool super 1600 rallye

Alfa is used in the European TC

Tom

6th May 04 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by fadscorsa
quote:

not since the coupe no. however there are a few in the making

and lets no forget Alfa's mmm 147 GTV 0-100 14.10s. not to shabby

[Edited on 06-05-2004 by vibrio]

Would the new coupe replacement be an engine out job for a cambelt change aswell tho

And since when did u own an alfa to stick up for them
vibrio
Banned

6th May 04 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

Citroen - 2CV

Peugeot - Plastic panels

Renault - French

they cost over 30K you fool

the VX220 never sold well. I doubt the monaro will sell that great either even though they are both nice cars
Daimo B

6th May 04 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

220bhp car capable of low 4 sec 0-60?
370bhp capable of 160+mph
GSi turbos make excellent road driving due to engine setup?

This guys been on the beers all night. Full on brown turds
M2RTY

6th May 04 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wheels dont suit top one - yuck
Cybermonkey

whatever anyone things, the VXR range is going in the right direction for vauxhall. The Astra is still kicking arse in touring cars, the corsa is diong pretty good in super1600 races, and im sure that the astra is also doing well in DTM in germany. So really its all down to old cliches that vauxhall cannot make decent cars. Thing is, they seem to be fighting through this image rather well. That monaro will be an M3 eater, and the VXR220 will further ensure it is king of the track days. Anyone nochalent enough to not see that vauxhall are now producing sporty cars to rival everything else, needs to have a new brain installed.

[Edited on 06-05-2004 by Cybermonkey24]
Daimo B

quote:
ah i know but that cos i cant afford nufin bigger. vaux are boring ther shapes and evrythign are crap, vx220 has been attacked by a set square, astras shape aiont chaged in 20 years

You type like an ego boosting 16 year old
Astras shape hasn't changed in 20 years? Damn, i'd best not get a golf mk5 then or anything like that as it still bears the same name, and has a resemblence to the original cars Gumbo, sort it out and get some proper arguments (and please write them in english not yob)
Cybermonkey

6th May 04 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

antscorsa, you drive a 1.0 corsa, you have no room to comment on the current vauxhall range
Daimo B

6th May 04 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
my opinion i never quoted nufin about engines juts styling wise so GTF daimo.

Opinion, how can you say they are boring?
VX220 has been written as one of the best handing and most fun cars of the current era.
Astra GSi, 17"s, spoliers etc.

Tell me, whats your idea of an exciting normal road car then?
Daimo B

6th May 04 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey24
whatever anyone things, the VXR range is going in the right direction for vauxhall. The Astra is still kicking arse in touring cars, the corsa is diong pretty good in super1600 races, and im sure that the astra is also doing well in DTM in germany. So really its all down to old cliches that vauxhall cannot make decent cars. Thing is, they seem to be fighting through this image rather well. That monaro will be an M3 eater, and the VXR220 will further ensure it is king of the track days. Anyone nochalent enough to not see that vauxhall are now producing sporty cars to rival everything else, needs to have a new brain installed.

[Edited on 06-05-2004 by Cybermonkey24]

Vectra V8 now used in DTM, not the astra. But doing very well in its first season already.
Daimo B

6th May 04 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
who do you think your are daimo i study car design so i fuckin know quite a bit about car shapes, i never sed vaux are the only company that aint chaged its looks, sorry for not typin corrrectly SIR. No wonder vibrio thinks your a wanker

What for picking up that you write like a ego boosted 16 year old? Me saying that gives you the right to call me a wanker just because you can't type our native language?

Umm, ok

Damn 18 year old neds. Got any neons

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » First pics of Vauxhall new VXR Range. 22 database queries in 0.1050820 seconds