corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.4 8v - 1.4 8v SRI

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.4 8v - 1.4 8v SRI
BabyBlade

User status: Offline
21st Apr 04 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
quote:
Originally posted by A_Venables
I'd have a near standard 8v over a near standard 16v any day, pulls harder and more fun to drive,

how can you say it pulls harder, the 16v engine pulls better than the 8v, has more bhp and torque to prove it too

it just feels that way cos the peak power is delivered earlier on the 8 valves.

there honestly aint a lot in it between the two 1.4 engines
BabyBlade

21st Apr 04 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also doesnt the c20seh engine put out more torque than the c20xe, even tho the c20xe pulls harder once going?

CRB 553

21st Apr 04 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh it feels that way , but at the end of the day the 16v performs better plain and simple!, al race ya if u dont believe me lol
A_Venables

21st Apr 04 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
I'd have a near standard 8v over a near standard 16v any day, pulls harder and more fun to drive,

how can you say it pulls harder, the 16v engine pulls better than the 8v, has more bhp and torque to prove it too

LMAO, I have been in a 16v with a mantzel powerbox bolted on and IMO that was about the equivelent to my 90bhp 8v, have you been in a 8v? For some reason this engine revs better than the 16v, this makes it feel a lot quicker, I have raced 16v Corsas before and never come off worse for wear, the 16v will only keep up or maybe beat me at high top end, by this 80mph plus, this 16v was the same spec mod wise as mine! If you have plans to change the inlet manifold along with other mods go for the 16v other wise stick with a 8v IMO, IMO underlined - only my opinion!
broster
Premium Member

21st Apr 04 at 20:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mate has the 8v sri and its on standard power proven on rollers, and when my engine was standard i used to beat him easy, ok up to 50-60 i wernt miles ahead but still ahead, then after that the 16v of mine pulled ahead by a lot, i know both engines re slow really but to say the 8v is better aint that true to me!
broster
Premium Member

21st Apr 04 at 20:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

LMAO, I have been in a 16v with a mantzel powerbox bolted on and IMO that was about the equivelent to my 90bhp 8v, have you been in a 8v? For some reason this engine revs better than the 16v, this makes it feel a lot quicker, I have raced 16v Corsas before and never come off worse for wear, the 16v will only keep up or maybe beat me at high top end, by this 80mph plus, this 16v was the same spec mod wise as mine! If you have plans to change the inlet manifold along with other mods go for the 16v other wise stick with a 8v IMO, IMO underlined - only my opinion!

used to have the 8v mpi engine in an astra and now have the 16v engine, pmsl a 1.4 16v with manzel should make alot more power than a 90bhp 8v 1.4, as i said in the above post my mate has a 8v sri corsa and my 16v has never lost, now with my lexmaul on the 16v it easy walks away from the 8v sri

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.4 8v - 1.4 8v SRI 23 database queries in 0.0097480 seconds