corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » North East » 2litre

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2litre
corsafreak

User status: Offline
16th Apr 04 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm sure it could be done for 1K if the engine came with a donor car,that car was broke and the parts sold. keeping the engine,box,brakes. driveshafts can be sourced and made from salvage if you know what to look for .
engine front mount and antiroll bar spacers can also be fabricated fairly easily. the throttle body inlet adapter can also be made diy easily (i did it ), then fit an ecotec pipe which is about £20, cheap air filter for £25.

exhaust can be mated up to the existing system with a bit of welding.

that just leaves the suspension which most cars will have already uprated and will handle the engine.

i spent more than 1K but rebuilding of me engine and timing belt,clutch etc cost me about £700.
my engines like new but if you took a runner out of the donor car and fitted nowt to it other than a timing belt i would imagine it can be done for 1K, he's probably making about £300-350 per engine.
corsafreak

User status: Offline
16th Apr 04 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J4CKO
quote:
Originally posted by Karnage Corsa
like I said its my oppinion I am entitled to it maybe its cos I have spent a hell of a lot more on mine but mine has everything I need brakes suspension the lot sorry if I offended u

i know u may think im an idiot but so is that !!!!! u get the engine supplied reconned and fitted brakes engine mounts and lowered i think !!

does he strip and recon the engine himself? because having it professionaly done costs a bomb.
if he fits a suspension kit aswell he can't be making much coin per transplant.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » North East » 2litre 23 database queries in 0.0078211 seconds