corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » R.I.P. Kurt Cobain.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author R.I.P. Kurt Cobain.
Wayne O Mac

User status: Offline
8th Apr 04 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Early 90's was when mudhoney were @ there best just overshadowed by Nirvana
Mad Moe

8th Apr 04 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by safe_si
quote:
Originally posted by Mad Moe
Listen to some of you, was he your mate or something? did you know him personally? get a fucking life, he wasn't that good or that much of an influence on music

I think you will find he was a massive influence on music and even if you dont like rock you will find that somewhere along the lines his music influenced what you listen to

I think I can honestly say his music has absolutely no influence on what I listen to, get a grip he didn't have magic powers that could change musical tastes. He played a particular type of music which granted he was extremely good at but fuck me they people go on you just have to
SetH

8th Apr 04 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Listen to some of you, was he your mate or something? did you know him personally? get a ------- life, he wasn't that good or that much of an influence on music

do ur fcuking research fool, you are soooooo wrong, start by watching some of the documentaries on MTV and VH2. He died 10 years ago yet he has constantly been on the front page of music magazines over the last decade, i think he did have a massive influence on music you complete utter peenars3
andy hirst

8th Apr 04 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RIP Kurt
Mad Moe

8th Apr 04 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He only had an influence on his brand of music though is what O'm getting at. People are going on about how he influenced MUSIC as a whole, what a load of shite, he influenced his style of music.
Wayne O Mac

8th Apr 04 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If u ask any true musician what there influeneces are Kurts name will always appear.
He may have influenced grunge music more than others but it wasn't just about the music, peopled admired him cos of his persona and his ability 2 entertain.
Simon

8th Apr 04 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
He only had an influence on his brand of music though is what O'm getting at. People are going on about how he influenced MUSIC as a whole, what a load of shite, he influenced his style of music.

No this is where you are wrong, he did influence all music
a2h

8th Apr 04 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree with mad moe
Wayne O Mac

8th Apr 04 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by a2h
i agree with mad moe

Why?
Tiger

8th Apr 04 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Life does go on yeah but if it was someone that you respected and had inspired you, wouldnt you be sad? Yeah it was ten years ago but Kurt will remain mourned longer than a many other people that took their own lives e.g. Michael Hutchence - Janis Joplin etc.....Kurts death is up there with Jim Morrison.
Wayne O Mac

8th Apr 04 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wayne O Mac

8th Apr 04 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Speaking of Jim Morrison Check this out!
http://www.rockandrollbadboy.com/morrison.html
Tiger

8th Apr 04 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Im reading Rolling Stone at the minute and like you wee saying about the influencing of similar music - Kurt said in an interview that R.E.M and Bjorn Again - the Abba tribute inspired him.

[Edited on 08-04-2004 by Tiger]
Simon

8th Apr 04 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

exactly people in music are not only inspired by the same music that they produce
jaffa

8th Apr 04 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the man was a legend
blackula

8th Apr 04 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I liked Nirvana and Cobains death was really sad. Whart I don't like is the way the people who liked them took what they did...the simple guitar stuff and that and bent it to make the majority of crap bands out these days.

Bands like the White Stripes would have been burned at the stake in the 80's for grating out of tune guitar stuff they do, but since Nirvana kind of swept clear the need for guitar work in the vain of Guns & Roses and other rock, its ok to play complete shit and have young kids calling these wankers 'guitar heros'.
blackula

8th Apr 04 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nobodu get me wrong, I liked Nirvana, its some of the modern stuff supposedly inspired by him that sucks ass.
Dr Pepper

8th Apr 04 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

exactly blackula----pixies and sonic youth were much more influencial than nirvana anyway
Robbo

8th Apr 04 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Makes me laugh... he got exactly what he wanted... his death leaded to their rise just as he wanted... don't get me wrong - their music is amazing but that is the most pathetic thing to do in the world
corsa5dr

8th Apr 04 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Excuse me if im wrong but he killed himself didnt he? if thats the case i have no sympathy.
Jambo

8th Apr 04 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very talented man yes, as talented as dave grohl no. The bloke was a legend yes, but also a cock who killed himself leaving his wife and daughter behind to fend for them selves.

No sympathy a tragic loss nonethe less.

Is influence is in all kinds of music all around for example if theyre was never a kurt cobain, then shite like busted wouldnt exist today peopel are so ignorent when it comes to music
blackula

8th Apr 04 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Grohl is a pop artist, he's talented at making money and along with Cobain is respondible for the death of metal. That Probot stuff, is complete dross, the lemmy song just sounds exactly like any medicore motorhead song.

At the other end of the scale we have 'retro' acts like the Darkness. Completely untalented up their own ass, cheesy guitar playing, also a complete joke.

blackula

8th Apr 04 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Actually thats unfair the foo fighters have quite a unique sound, its the other bands today that piss me off. Even Metallica have brought out some cheesy simplifed version of their music.
Wayne O Mac

8th Apr 04 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And what a great mother courtney love is?!?!
Kurt was not as talented as dave grohl no and dave grohl has done some great stuff but when people talk about legends kurts name is there but not daves!!!!
Again it was all about prescence.
and u state that busted were influenced by nirvana u r one of the people u are ignorantwhen it comes to music as u so rightly said.
SetH

8th Apr 04 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

kurt cobains favourite performer was a black blues singer called led belly during the 1930`s, on the unplugged set the "where did you sleep last night" song was one of led bellys.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » R.I.P. Kurt Cobain. 22 database queries in 0.0153582 seconds