corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » £40 for 3 minutes work

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author £40 for 3 minutes work
BabyBlade

User status: Offline
23rd Mar 04 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bubblevaux
quote:
Originally posted by Sethion33
quote:
so does your paperclip tell u what the flow ratio is of your mass air flow sensor? can your paperclip cross referance two faults and see if occured at same time? can paperclip erase diagnostic trouble codes? and can paper clip perform stepper tests on sensors etc???

Nope, it does hold multiple numbers of pages together tho which can also be handy

much credit to you. tech 2 cannot do that!!!!

AdiSRI

23rd Mar 04 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont go to vaux, lots of garages have code reader machines and wont charge £40, more like 35 - £10.
ainsley_brader

23rd Mar 04 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Siberia
yesh the most sickening 40 quid you'll send

[Edited on 22-03-2004 by Siberia]

not sickening when you think the tech 2 costs £7000 and every tis update disc is about £250. paperclip test is ok, but u have no snapshot, no actuator test, no data display etc.........

But to think you can still get all the data from a sun machine for £1k.

Besides £40 is nothing, Mercedes wanted £240 + VAT to run basic diagnostics on a 230 kompressor!

Now thats sickening, but I borrowed the pod and did it myself on the sun machine!
bubble

23rd Mar 04 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ainsley_brader
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Siberia
yesh the most sickening 40 quid you'll send

[Edited on 22-03-2004 by Siberia]

not sickening when you think the tech 2 costs £7000 and every tis update disc is about £250. paperclip test is ok, but u have no snapshot, no actuator test, no data display etc.........

But to think you can still get all the data from a sun machine for £1k.

Besides £40 is nothing, Mercedes wanted £240 + VAT to run basic diagnostics on a 230 kompressor!

Now thats sickening, but I borrowed the pod and did it myself on the sun machine!

reason why tech2 expensive is it isnt just a code reader . the sun jobbies are just that
ainsley_brader

23rd Mar 04 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No they dont just read codes. You can also get a great deal of data from them.
Besides the machine is only as good as the monkey operating it!
bubble

23rd Mar 04 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
No they dont just read codes. You can also get a great deal of data from them.
Besides the machine is only as good as the monkey operating it!

trust me they do. our bodyshop has one!! you cant prog ecu or anything. plus they often get the syptom byte wrong which interprets fault codes wrong as well. and they cant diagnose on any can-line.
ainsley_brader

23rd Mar 04 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have never had a vauxhall interpreted wrong. Can you plug tech 2 in and take it down the road?
Besides can tech 2 programme ecu because it cant on vx220!
bubble

23rd Mar 04 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i have never had a vauxhall interpreted wrong. Can you plug tech 2 in and take it down the road?
Besides can tech 2 programme ecu because it cant on vx220!

yeah you can go down road with tech2 i did it today on a vx220 turbo with a apprentice checking the fuel tank vent valve for me. and you can prog ecu on vx220. u can on any post 98 vauxhall
Dave

23rd Mar 04 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When the head gasket went on my mums old Corsa the place she took it to had loads of trouble getting it to run right after.
Mechanic took it to his mate at Vauxhall dealers who ran tech2 which showed and air leak. Turned out it was the coil that was faulty, go figure
bubble

23rd Mar 04 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaDave
When the head gasket went on my mums old Corsa the place she took it to had loads of trouble getting it to run right after.
Mechanic took it to his mate at Vauxhall dealers who ran tech2 which showed and air leak. Turned out it was the coil that was faulty, go figure

a corsa with a coil?makes it an early one. which means its pre X14Xe which means that only sensor on woud be air flow 02 crank and cam and engine coolant and a few others . so what trouble code came up for air leak. what vacuum system was the leak on. and was it motronic or simtec?
Dave

23rd Mar 04 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haven't the foggiest, I wasn't there. I know they spent ages trying to find the leak though, they were proper pissed off.

It was a x14xe, coil is probably wrong name, its whatever a modern coil is called. black plastic box that ht leads come out of.
bubble

23rd Mar 04 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh in that case then it could have been the secondary air pump at fault cuz that is tech checkable. u r right in what u say but its down to the individual tester to check the relevant data etc. tech 2 indicates where a fault has occured, but it isnt actually a proper diagnostic because its down to the tester to check out what is reported. for example, if tech 2 says 02 sensor, you dont replace it u should firstly check that the car isnt running rich or lean and then decide from there. ie if says 02 sensoe its not necessarily saying its wrong, but it isnt happy with the parameters of it-this can be caused by the mass air flow reading wrong, but the 02 gets priority over it because it is the last sensor to check oxygen flow. basically the technician shouldnt fully diagnose fault off a single trouble code alone. another one today i had was a vectra c 2.2dtr and tech said 'throttle pedal position positive deviation'. turns out the turbo boost pressure supply had blown of the turbo-totally fcuking up correlation between throttle position and boost control. fuckin cars!!!!
Dave

23rd Mar 04 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Local Vaux dealership is renowned for being shocking, I know loads of people who have had bad dealings.

Not trying to tar you all with same brush though.
bubble

23rd Mar 04 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaDave
Local Vaux dealership is renowned for being shocking, I know loads of people who have had bad dealings.

Not trying to tar you all with same brush though.

u havent expierienced our sister branch up the road
corsa-fergie

24th Mar 04 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i work for landrover and we charge even more then that, diganositcs work start from about 100 quid upwards
lol count ur self lucky u dont have a landrover
bubble

24th Mar 04 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa-fergie
i work for landrover and we charge even more then that, diganositcs work start from about 100 quid upwards
lol count ur self lucky u dont have a landrover

my mrs' parents have a 53 plate landrover and the head gasket has fucked up and our local garage refuse to do it warranty. wankers
the_legend_of_yrag

24th Mar 04 at 07:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont bother taking it to vaux, just ring round a few garages ask if they have a tester and get it done there, had mine done for a tenner when my light was on!!!
SRi_m00k

24th Mar 04 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

luckily me dads mate is an auto spark an has the diagnostics at home

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll