corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Impreza or Vectra GSi?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Impreza or Vectra GSi?
Macca_G

User status: Offline
15th Mar 04 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DAYZEE
Why a Vectra? If you want a cruiser then why not get a decent one? A Mondeo ST200 is a much much better car, any BMW is better, 3.0 406 Coupe is better, any Audi, any Merc......the list goes on....
And the Vectra is at the bottom of it.

That being said, I'd take the Scooby and enjoy yourself.

lol...why say things that aren't true...lol the V6 Vectra is quicker and more reliable than the ST200.... BMW's i have nailed so many 325, 328 etc... expensive service costs, Audi's are good you can get the S4 2.7 V6 twin turbo but they are supposed to have a reliablity issue!.... Merc?!!???! Expensive and look gay! unless its a AMG which are more £ than my house! ST200 are OK and Audi's are OK but personally i'd put the Vectra at the top of the list ! St200 next Audi next ..... Make yopu own opinions up on www.carsurvey.org
SetH

15th Mar 04 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

me pats my Courtenay Tuned Vectra Gsi
Macca_G

15th Mar 04 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Example opinion of the GSI:-

What things have gone wrong with the car?
The universal joint failed the same day I took delivery of the car from a Network Q dealer, It should have been found on the 114 point check!
General comments?
The fastest car I've owned and is very quick off the mark. The torque is amazing and find I change down when there is no need.

I am over 6' and need to have my seat fully back which restricts the rear passengers seat leaving only 6" of leg room for anyone sitting at the back of me.

Also with the drivers seat fully back the center console (behind the handbrake) gets in the way of my fore arm when operating the handbrake.

The GSi comes with Yokohama tyres from new and due to them being soft compound rubber, the front tyres will only last around 10,000 miles, this is normal for the GSi. When the front tyres needed replacing I found some slight handling problems, this included the car veering when hitting road marking and over-banding in the wet which can be unsettling on fast roads.

On the motorway you'll need to keep your eye on the speedo as its very easy to do 100mph and it only feel like 70mph. This is a very good motorway car and feels safe and comfortable even in cross winds. Also during overtaking and heavy braking the GSi is very stable and predictable.

Overall the GSi holds it own on the road and handles like it's a smaller car which s a great advantage if you find yourself in the wrong lane or need to get yourself out of trouble.

Just one word of warning, that alloy gear knob makes your hand freezing in winter, then in summer it gets red hot and nearly takes the skin off your palm, nice to look at though!

SetH

15th Mar 04 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I am over 6' and need to have my seat fully back which restricts the rear passengers seat leaving only 6" of leg room for anyone sitting at the back of me.

Also with the drivers seat fully back the center console (behind the handbrake) gets in the way of my fore arm when operating the handbrake.
WTF is he on about? im over 6" and ive only got the seat about half way back, and the electric recaro seats have loads of adjusment.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Impreza or Vectra GSi? 22 database queries in 0.0109010 seconds