corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 6x9s

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 6x9s
AdiSRI

User status: Offline
11th Mar 04 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the half price alpine components are here:-

http://www.letsbuycaraudio.com/main/speakers/16/394

both me and painz have them from here they are very good for the money. You might be able to buy petes even cheaper as he is selling them i believe.
Scotty_B

11th Mar 04 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Noonster19
£140 is cheap for what you get in the package me thinks.....

1000 watt peak 10" subwoofer with 400 watt 2 Channel (brigeable) Amp, including a FREE!! carpeted MDF box

what are other opinions on what glasgow recomend??

You'll need to run some decent wiring,so your looking at around another £80 on top of that. Run at least 4awg in case you want more than one amp.
Noonster

11th Mar 04 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another £80
mwg

11th Mar 04 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if u want a proper stereo its something u gotta put money into. most people cant afford it all at once. I cant so Ive been getting parts of it every month which is a bit of a ballache cos i just want to whack it all in NOW
But so far got:
Pioneer DEH-7500 MP3 player
2 x 10inch Alpine Type R Subs
1 x MRD-M300
Full Dynamat kit for boot and various speakers
Wish I could afford it all at once but cant so a couple more months before Ill have the other 2 amps, Power Cap & wiring kit but itll sound and look wicked when its done. and im doing it all myself so save money there. its easy to do if u know how!
AdiSRI

12th Mar 04 at 00:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dynamat is very important, i only did a half hearted job and used 6 rolls just in boot.
Noonster

12th Mar 04 at 08:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorSRi_BT
quote:
So your saying dont bother with 6x9s and dont use the standard rear speakers either???

Just have the sound coming out of the front speakers and a sub/amp in the boot???

mmmm sounds strange thought you needed the rear speakers/6x9s??

Thats right, you don't need rear speakers at all. I only have front components which are amped and 1 12" sub amped and thats it. It sounds so much clearer than it did when I had 6x9s. There seems to be alot more bass aswell.

Right As you know i dont have 6x9s but I thought i would try changing the headunit so the sound came "mainly" from the front speakers and not the back..... (i dont have a sub yet either) and your "RIGHT" it sound so much better..... you can hear the vocals and music better in the front, and the back speakers are doing the bass - obviously when a subs in the boot that will do the bass.....

Dunno how it sounds for people sat in the back - but i dont sit there, so i dont care

Anyways - think i will forget the 6x9s for now, and just get the sub amd amp and leave the headunit set to just use the front speakers...... if i end up not liking it then get the 6x9s..... but i think i will love it
Sando

12th Mar 04 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
right. when ure sitting in ur car, u need components at the right level to get the optimised audio expierience. high frequency pitched sounds (treble) is best at ear level-hence why tweeters tend to be high up. your mid should be low down and u lot will know that, but if u want the best sound ever-have no rear speakers. simple really-sitting at front your audio sensory receptors pick up noise from in front of u first. therefore if u have audio only at front, it is so much more better. plus havin no big 6x9 in back will stop air slap. this is a term for the shifting of air between 6x9s and subs. bass is non directional so it dont matter where subs are pointing etc. if u have rears fade to front and notice better bass. i guarantee its a completely amazing audio expierience

I dont agree, components are best when placed together, usually sounding best in the kickwells, this way the least different distance between left and right can be obtained. As a rule, soft dome tweeters should be above the mid, hard domed tweeters should be below the mid. But not more than around 10cm apart. The tweeters shouldnt be at eye level if the mids are low down, this f**ks up the image, keep them as close as possible to create the best possible stereo imaging.

Also, sub bass (-50ish hz) is non-directional but bass above that (mid bass) is, it is just hard to tell where it is. Thats why you should run the front speakers at the lowest high-pass setting as viable and the sub as low as viable to create the feeling that the sub isnt in the boot but in fact in the front.

[Edited on 12-03-2004 by Sando]

[Edited on 12-03-2004 by Sando]
Noonster

12th Mar 04 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right been driving around for the last 30mins testing this out......

Its sounds Loads better with the speakers set to the front..... theres alot and i mean ALOT more bass coming from in the car now.....

I sat in the back and now the rear speakers seem to be justed used for bass and nothing else - like mini subs

Even in the back you can still hear the music and vocals.... defo gonna leave it set like that...

thanks for the advice - just gotta get my sub/amp/front speakers now
Noonster

12th Mar 04 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sando
quote:
Also, sub bass (-50ish hz) is non-directional but bass above that (mid bass) is, it is just hard to tell where it is. Thats why you should run the front speakers at the lowest high-pass setting as viable and the sub as low as viable to create the feeling that the sub isnt in the boot but in fact in the front.]

This sounds good but can you explain it "thick" person terms PLEASE......

what high-pass setting??

Thanks.
Trotty

12th Mar 04 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good move

I always keep my H/U faded up to the components and just let the subs do their bit at the back, works ok for me
Noonster

12th Mar 04 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Trotty - agree make defo gives the best possible sound - when i set it back to how i used to listen (all speakers) is sounded really low.... lifeless - BORING...... now its really uppeat and punchy

Thanks for the advice guys.
Sando

12th Mar 04 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
This sounds good but can you explain it "thick" person terms PLEASE......

what high-pass setting??

OK, basically, anything up to 50hz is sub-bass, non-musical bass that you cant hear but you can feel its there. 50hz up to about 180hz is mid-bass, this IS musical bass, you can hear this, mainly made up of low vocals, kick drums and low instruments.

Run your front speakers high-passed so that the cone doesnt get distorted with bass and can concentrate on producing the cleanest sound possible. If your fronts are high passed then you may want to fiddle with the setting from the lowest point to the highest, try a track with planty of bass, vocals and highs (hip hop's good) and turn the subs off, play about with the setting until your happy it isnt getting bass that will distort it. Then fiddle with the subs low pass setting until your happy your getting good clean bass from the sub that compliments the fronts.

Dont be scared about leaving gaps in the range, such as fronts on +125hz and the sub on -80hz (this is how mine is set up and I cant complain!!

Hope this helps.
mwg

12th Mar 04 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right As you know i dont have 6x9s but I thought i would try changing the headunit so the sound came "mainly" from the front speakers and not the back..... (i dont have a sub yet either) and your "RIGHT" it sound so much better..... you can hear the vocals and music better in the front, and the back speakers are doing the bass - obviously when a subs in the boot that will do the bass.....

Dunno how it sounds for people sat in the back - but i dont sit there, so i dont care

Only taken us about 3 days to convince you!
Now just get ur sub in and enjoy!
Noonster

14th Mar 04 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mwg

14th Mar 04 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so u know which sub ur getting now Noonster?!
Noonster

14th Mar 04 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no
mwg

14th Mar 04 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
no

Noonster

14th Mar 04 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seen a good deal in the back of max power..... you get a Pioneer 800w sub / Amp / Wireing kit bout £150....

Theres loads to chose from and loads of deals around though - hard to chose

Dont need to buy it till end of april - so plenty of time to think....

But thanks for all your advice

<<  2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll