corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 2.0 8v conversion

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2.0 8v conversion
Doug_SRi

User status: Offline
3rd Mar 04 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just wondering what the 0-60 times would be like on a corsa b with the 2.0 8v cav sri engine and also how much work would it involve and whats required? its a 1.2 8v just now.
topshot_2k
Banned

3rd Mar 04 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Waste of time mate 2.0 8v is only 115bhp. get 16V which is 155bhp. mite aswell get 1,6 gsi as thats 109bhp and will have better handling than 2.0 8V

id either go 1.6 or 2.ltr 16V NOT 8V IMO
Doug_SRi

3rd Mar 04 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the 2.0 8v sri is 130 bhp i think, also it aint my car and the boy already has the engine, he is also trying to use a little cash as possible
starkie

3rd Mar 04 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah could sell you my gsi engine etc and only in fife so not too far away for you
Miner

3rd Mar 04 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know a few peeps who'd done it with 130BHP 8v's and they've been as quick as a valver thru the box due to the better midrange grunt. Worth doing as engines much cheaper. My mate runs a 205 GTi with a Citroen ZX 1.9 from the GTi or whayever they have cos it's got more torque than the Pug 1.9 with his original 1.6 box. Only does about 120 but it's as fast as an Mi16 getting there!

[Edited on 03-03-2004 by Miner]
Daimo B

3rd Mar 04 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by topshot_2k
Waste of time mate 2.0 8v is only 115bhp. get 16V which is 155bhp. mite aswell get 1,6 gsi as thats 109bhp and will have better handling than 2.0 8V

Someones talking out their rectum.

8v unit is a good unit to put in the corsa. Require some of the 16v fitting kit, but its a good cheap engine with bags of low down torque. SRi 130 lump is rare to find. Thing is with the 8v, if it goes wrong, u can go down the scrappy and buy a whole new engine for £50 where-as the redtops are a lot more expensive and go wrong a lot more.

Still can be tuned with cam, head work, twin carbs etc to get good power. 16v unit is always the better engine as its one of the worlds best 2.0 16v engines, ever. But, you can always put an 8v in, have it for a while, then when u get bored, swap it out for the 16v (as i say, many of the fitting kit parts are the same).

For me, its my redtop every time, but for a cheaper budget coversion the 8v is a good lump. 0-60 wont be fantastic, prob high 7, low 8, but, it'll still rape any standard 1.6 16v Corsas.
big eck

3rd Mar 04 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daimo B
quote:

Someones talking out their rectum.

0-60 wont be fantastic, prob high 7, low 8, but, it'll still rape any standard 1.6 16v Corsas.

Still the charmer what a stupid comment on how it would rape a standard 1.6 16v corsa, no shit sherlock puttin any type of 2lt into a corsa would beat a standard 1.6
topshot_2k
Banned

3rd Mar 04 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Daimo B you nob Red top is one of the best engines vauxhall have knocked out far more tunable than 8V ever can be.

P.S you can pick C20XE (2ltr 16V) up for under 600quid in good nick

J da Silva

3rd Mar 04 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Daimo B you nob Red top is one of the best engines vauxhall have knocked out far more tunable than 8V ever can be.

daimo has the redtop 2l 16v xe in his corsa

[Edited on 03-03-04 by VenomTurbo]
J da Silva

3rd Mar 04 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

8v's are easier to fix, carbs are more responsive on throttle than injectors and quite easy to control air mixture. ok so the 8v's arent as fast as 16v's but you can get a good power figure if you know your stuff
M4tt

3rd Mar 04 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

drew off here had the 8v 2.0, got a vid of the clocks going up to sumin like 98mph ands its pretty rapid.

2.0 8v is a good engine, very tough, with 130 BHP on tap its not gonna be slow
James R

3rd Mar 04 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In the nova camp there's not much difference in performance between a SEH and a XE, cause at the end of the day torque is what propels you down the road and with similar amounts of torque on tap they aren't much different.
Daimo B

4th Mar 04 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
Still the charmer what a stupid comment on how it would rape a standard 1.6 16v corsa, no shit sherlock puttin any type of 2lt into a corsa would beat a standard 1.6

Why say it? Simply becuase its the best engine that goes in a corsa B and i was using it as a comparison. And seeing as the 8v is 115bhp and the 1.6 16v is 109/106 its a good comparision.

Still the charmer? Like i give a flying fuck what a bunch of people who sit online all day talking about sh1te all day think of me

[Edited on 04-03-2004 by Daimo B]
Daimo B

4th Mar 04 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Nahh, i dont know shite Check my registration date, and look at my site, see my engine and my car, then come back and apologise. Little fucking wippersnappers
Daimo B

4th Mar 04 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VenomTurbo
8v's are easier to fix, carbs are more responsive on throttle than injectors and quite easy to control air mixture. ok so the 8v's arent as fast as 16v's but you can get a good power figure if you know your stuff

This is my point.

XE goes wrong = bigger bills.
Any of the 8v's go wron, just go buy another engine

Respond well if you know what mods to do. 160bhp can be got for less than getting a redtop to 180bhp.
big eck

4th Mar 04 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Still the charmer? Like i give a flying fuck what a bunch of people who sit online all day talking about sh1te all day think of me

[Edited on 04-03-2004 by Daimo B]

PMSL I sit online all day If you can point out one thread that i'm talkin shit i'll give you an apology, honestly m8 you are a fukin knob sometimes, nearly every post you reply to if someone disagree's with you there either talkin shit or they know fuk all, get down off your high horse and stop thinkin your a fukin know it all.
Siberia

4th Mar 04 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Daimo B

5th Mar 04 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
PMSL I sit online all day If you can point out one thread that i'm talkin shit i'll give you an apology, honestly m8 you are a fukin knob sometimes, nearly every post you reply to if someone disagree's with you there either talkin shit or they know fuk all, get down off your high horse and stop thinkin your a fukin know it all.

Let get something right scotty boy.

If i disagree with someone, why the fuck should i back down just because some web people tell me?
Know it all? Not at all, i dont know hardly anything compared to a LOT of people, but then i know a lot compared to many people as well. Its jsut other make out everything i say is wrong. If i believe something to be right, why the hell should i change my opinion until proven otherwise???
High horse? No, i just dont take any shit or comments that i basically dont have to!
"Talking sh1t" as in a generalisation of the majority of people/posts on this site!!!

Basically, if i dont know the user, i couldn't give a flying fuck about them. If you dont/can't want to understand this, its your problem. Not mine.

End of the day, this is the internet and why the fuck would iu give a sh1t what anyone thinks. I speak to who i want to, make associates with those i want, and as for the rest, fuck em

Dont make me have an issue with you ecky, i've always thought you to be ok!!

Sibera, do i know you? More to the point, i've notice you becoming increasing interested in some of my posts/replies. Is there a reason?
Marc

5th Mar 04 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FFS Daimo you can be a right obnoxious twat at times.
Daimo B

5th Mar 04 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup, and what do you think i care of what someone who isn't interested in anything i am, nor is even remotly near me in the country thinks?
vibrio
Banned

5th Mar 04 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Nahh, i dont know shite Check my registration date, and look at my site, see my engine and my car, then come back and apologise. Little fucking wippersnappers

Your a twat
vibrio
Banned

5th Mar 04 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Let get something right scotty boy.

If i disagree with someone, why the fuck should i back down just because some web people tell me?
Know it all? Not at all, i dont know hardly anything compared to a LOT of people, but then i know a lot compared to many people as well. Its jsut other make out everything i say is wrong. If i believe something to be right, why the hell should i change my opinion until proven otherwise???
High horse? No, i just dont take any shit or comments that i basically dont have to!
"Talking sh1t" as in a generalisation of the majority of people/posts on this site!!!

Basically, if i dont know the user, i couldn't give a flying fuck about them. If you dont/can't want to understand this, its your problem. Not mine.

End of the day, this is the internet and why the fuck would iu give a sh1t what anyone thinks. I speak to who i want to, make associates with those i want, and as for the rest, fuck em

Dont make me have an issue with you ecky, i've always thought you to be ok!!

Sibera, do i know you? More to the point, i've notice you becoming increasing interested in some of my posts/replies. Is there a reason?

do you have to have someone following you round to pick up all the shite that comes out of your mouth?
Daimo B

5th Mar 04 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ooooo here he is, wondered how long it would take you to reply lmfao

I may be a twat to you, but at least i dont brag about getting sex again after my wife miscarrages!!!!

Rather be a twat than a complete cunt.
Marc

5th Mar 04 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why the fuck bring his wifes miscarrage into it?
vibrio
Banned

5th Mar 04 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Ooooo here he is, wondered how long it would take you to reply lmfao

I may be a twat to you, but at least i dont brag about getting sex again after my wife miscarrages!!!!

Rather be a twat than a complete cunt.

WTF

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll