corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » sell or split the car?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author sell or split the car?
stubbsy

User status: Offline
25th Feb 04 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was wondering if you could help me out, come to the time when i wanna get rid of my car, problem being its done 116000 miles which puts alot of people off and also means i would probably get alot less than i would like. so could you help me figure out how much i could make if i split it on how much u think i would get for bits,things to split---
exterior bits to split
body kit
bonnet
smooth boot
smooth doors
poss smooth front wings (no side repeater holes)
wheels
single wiper
interior bits
all leather bits
roof lining with speaker pod
all stereo stuff

so if you could help and give me an idea on prices would be really greatfull

cheers

[Edited on 25-02-2004 by stubbsy]
Tim
Site Administrator

25th Feb 04 at 09:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If milleage is the only problem, you could possibly find a buyer here than wants to do a 2L XE or LET conversion... Then it's not gonna be on their list of priorities....

It's a gorgeous car -- would be a shame to see it 'broken'...
waynep

25th Feb 04 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

split it
stubbsy

25th Feb 04 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, dont think i could bare to see some one else driving it though, although i want to change.
so as tim says if any 1 wants a corsa to put a 2ltr in then look here
Tim
Site Administrator

25th Feb 04 at 10:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah -- difficult to find a respecting new owner nowadays

Sure you'll be able to split it quickly though... Just find someone with a black 3dr and spend the afternoon swapping bits between em
Kerry

25th Feb 04 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why not do somethin with the engine ureself dunc?
stubbsy

25th Feb 04 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant afford do do anything to it at all ne more with going to uni. also could really do with the money. also really like mk 1 golfs, but dont know about that 1 yet.
M2RTY

25th Feb 04 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u2u me a price on insides, everything really but id need 2 re-skin my roof ta add a sunroof, not too hard tho

seriouse too
stubbsy

25th Feb 04 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not really definate that im gonna strip it yet, need to see how much i could get for all the stuff and then how much i could sell it for. just to see wheather it is worth stripping.
M2RTY

25th Feb 04 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think full interior is worth about 8 quid
stubbsy

25th Feb 04 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you wish
stubbsy

25th Feb 04 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anybody got any ideas on prices then?
dan_sri

25th Feb 04 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much would ya want for the wiper dunc?
Kerry

25th Feb 04 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u know wot u paid for it so u must have a reasonable idea in ure head

would be a shame to split it and do u have the standard bits to put back on?
Icy

25th Feb 04 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

500-600 on bodkit?
if the buyer has a black corsa
RichR
Premium Member

25th Feb 04 at 13:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

problem is the interiors got to go as one piece, cause of the trimming, and uve only got a rear bumeprto replace the exterior stuff - it could work out too costly to sell everything and turn to standard just to have to re purchase all the standard bits

I imagine selling it as it is to some1 who wants to drop a 2.0 etc in would be the best option as even as a standard car - whose gonna buy a 116000 mile car.

I think ur best option would be sell the interior for ca £1000 including a sport interior, or £1250, without an interior

then sell ur front and back bumpers, possibly skirts as well; then sell the car as that - it'll have the basic mods done, smooth gate, bb bonnet, etc and some1s only gotta pick there own kit or go down the engine tuning route

u could sell kit to a "black corsa" owner for £600 ish maybe, or to another coloured owner for £500 ish, the car with the smoothed bits on and no kit for £2450 and the leatehr for £1000 including new interior

all in all u'd make near enough £4000; but ud need to purchase a new sport front bumper at ca £50 - £100

but I think ur mad for selling now u got ur job sorted tho
stubbsy

25th Feb 04 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got alot of the standard bits, things i would need to get would be--- sri/sport full interior including roof lining. black doors, bonnet and boot. also wings. got standard wheels and springs. would need wiper linkage. also front bumper, quite alot to do i supose.

i know what i paid for most of the stuff but got no idea how much they go for second hand .

say £40 for single wiper dan but would need your old 1.
Kerry

25th Feb 04 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

y dont u store it somewhere til summer and save a bit of cash see how u feel then?
dan_sri

25th Feb 04 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahh wel i might speak to ya about it tonight if ya still popping down?!
interior
RichR
Premium Member

25th Feb 04 at 13:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with Kerry - Im fairly sure that that hissing noise is the problem ur having - once u got some cash - we'll go pay my mechanic a visit - he may be able to sort u out dunc - then keep it a little bit - at leats till the end of uni - 2 years then upgrade - the way ur thinking at the mo - ur gonna be downgrading first - which wont suit u

also buying a mark 1 golf - hmmm hmmm silver oen next door hey - ur gonna need to take it off the road about a motnh first to just get it serviced and running right - plus ur costs could spiral outta control - keep it 2 years then get ure CTR once ur teaching
stubbsy

25th Feb 04 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah still comming down tonite dan if thats ok.
kerry-- as 1 wise pholosipher once said " all good things must come to an end" feel its time to move on, also need money from car at the moment to buy a cheaper car( need to get about )
RichR
Premium Member

25th Feb 04 at 13:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If ur gonna get rid of it - my idea above is probably the best way of retaining some cash - cause all ud need to get hold of is a sport interior and a front bumper - evrything else could stay - if u lost teh kit and interior - the car would lose ur identity - it wouldnt be like seeing some1 taking the credit for ur pride and joy would it. but ur more liekly to sell it semi modified ratehr than one extreme ( liek it is now) to the other ( completely standard) whose gonna buy it standard with 116000 on the clock
RichR
Premium Member

25th Feb 04 at 13:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

buy clares micra
RichR
Premium Member

25th Feb 04 at 13:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that way u wouldnt be tempted to mod it - maybe just sort the handling so u get soem alton towers thrashing trips - hey hey mr monorail
Kerry

25th Feb 04 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much would u want for the full car dunc?

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » sell or split the car? 22 database queries in 0.1757820 seconds