corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.6 SPORT - TOP SPEED?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.6 SPORT - TOP SPEED?
FLYING CORSA

User status: Offline
19th Feb 04 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the money that the police get from speed cameras can be only used for putting up more speed cameras or into similar projects...fact
Greg_M

19th Feb 04 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

untrue. the money police get from cameras taking part in the intitiative have to be used to put up more cameras, and reduce speed e.g speed bumps ect.

cameras placed outside of this (which is the majority) can be used for whatever purpose they like
FLYING CORSA

19th Feb 04 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ARGH, FU*K IT! ........JUST BLOW THE BAST@RDS UP!
Greg_M

19th Feb 04 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^agreed, but at the end of the day speeding is illegal and kills.

but gatzos are no way to solve the problem
Cybermonkey

22nd Feb 04 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FLYING CORSA
quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey24
quote:
Originally posted by Andy
Top book speed of Sport is 119mph. I just squeezed 134mph (Datron timed) and that's with 215bhp. A few extra mph requires a hell of lot more power

My sport got to around 118mph and stuck there. Didnt budge up at all. Andy, am i right in thinking that with a 6750rpm standard rev limit, 136 mph is the maximum attainable speed with the F15 gearbox? You have a 9k rev limit right? you still using the F15? it would mean you could get to around 160mph, theoretically Flyingcorsa, it is common knowledge that most corsas have notoriously inaccurate speedos. Even if your speedo was accurate, your 16XE engine would not have the power to pull to the redline in 5th gear, where an attainable speed of 130+ can be seen.

[Edited on 19-02-2004 by Cybermonkey24]

cybermonkey24 - like i said i was doing it down a dual carriageway, and i wasnt quite on the limit when i quickly glanced it was about 200-300 revs off the red line......jesus why do people still have to dispute the fact

so you reckon you were near 6500rpm in 5th gear?? BULLSHIT!!
Cybermonkey

22nd Feb 04 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey24
quote:
Top book speed of Sport is 119mph. I just squeezed 134mph (Datron timed) and that's with 215bhp. A few extra mph requires a hell of lot more power

My sport got to around 118mph and stuck there. Didnt budge up at all. Andy, am i right in thinking that with a 6750rpm standard rev limit, 136 mph is the maximum attainable speed with the F15 gearbox? You have a 9k rev limit right? you still using the F15? it would mean you could get to around 160mph, theoretically Flyingcorsa, it is common knowledge that most corsas have notoriously inaccurate speedos. Even if your speedo was accurate, your 16XE engine would not have the power to pull to the redline in 5th gear, where an attainable speed of 130+ can be seen.

F15 in Sport gives you a fraction below 20mph per 1000rpm. so for 6750 rev limit, you're looking at about 130mph indicated at rev limit. However, the power of the standard engine won't let you get anywhere near that speed in reality. For what it's worth, my speedo was well off the clock (ie over 140mph indicated) when I actually clocked 134mph at Brunters. I'm now using a Quaife close ratio box, so this top speed stuff is irrelevant for me as my top speed is now just 124.4 at 9000rpm. Mind you it gets there pretty damn quick

[Edited on 19-02-2004 by Andy]

so what is your 0-60, 0-100 with the quaife? Below 6 secs?
miles

22nd Feb 04 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At 8k in 5th I'd been doing 160mph with 16's.

I've had 136mph out of it, and my speedo is about -1% accurate. Would have done more mind.

ed

22nd Feb 04 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you wanna know the real top speed fo your car, get yourself a Road Angel. They'll tell you how fast your going, exactly, cos its done off gps...
FLYING CORSA

25th Feb 04 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cybermonkey24 - like i said i was doing it down a dual carriageway, and i wasnt quite on the limit when i quickly glanced it was about 200-300 revs off the red line......jesus why do people still have to dispute the fact

so you reckon you were near 6500rpm in 5th gear?? BULLSHIT!!

hey cybermonkeyboy go eat a banana
..........cant believe that your still disputing the fact....do you go to W.I. coz you cant half argue like a woman
t44rnt

25th Feb 04 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got a 1.2 16v and ive had 119 out of it down hill on the m11!
FLYING CORSA

25th Feb 04 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by t44rnt
ive got a 1.2 16v and ive had 119 out of it down hill on the m11!

yeah i used to have a 1.2 SXi and i had 118mph out of mine down a long hill..........and yet there are still some people on here (cybermonkey) that say with a 1.6 full de-cat zorst system and BFO induction kit you cant get an extra 10mph

.....it makes me how folk argue over some of the posts put up here and try and make people out to be liars or full of shi@e, people dont put these posts up to lie, bit of advice........were you in the persons car at the time, NO!......are all models of cars identical in everywhich way, NO!.......get a life.....go find a girl.....smoke a hamlet cigar
bubble

25th Feb 04 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuckin Brav-o. It pisses me off 2 when people say oh ure speedo is out, or thats not possible. i think stfu m8 get a life. find some balls attach them, and fuckin use em

DC

25th Feb 04 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont think any1 is saying you cant see 125+ on the speedo of ya 1600 Sport's just that it isnt doin that in reality!

Anyway who cares, its what ya see on ya clock that makes ya happy!!

[Edited on 25-02-2004 by DC]
Greasemonkey

25th Feb 04 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my GSI never used to register more than about 115MPH on the clock, this is before the new engine though, i think it would go a real speed of 124MPH now
Andy

25th Feb 04 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsabubble
Fuckin Brav-o. It pisses me off 2 when people say oh ure speedo is out, or thats not possible. i think stfu m8 get a life. find some balls attach them, and fuckin use em

I don't think the doubters on this thread are deliberately trying to burst anybody's bubble. Just stating the truth as governed by the laws of physics - the power needed to overcome air resistance at high speeds increases dramatically as the speed rises, especially in the Corsa which is as aerodynamic as a brick. To get a real speed of over 130mph requires getting on for double the engine power, plain as.
bubble

25th Feb 04 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats bollox. speedo readin comes from the gearbox due to revolutions from the final drive. so if its reading 130 its doin 130. thats like saying that boeing 747 isnt doin 400mph cuz of physics.
how does aerodynamics affect the reading of a sealed up enclosed final drive assembly?
Greg_M

25th Feb 04 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
thats bollox. speedo readin comes from the gearbox due to revolutions from the final drive. so if its reading 130 its doin 130. thats like saying that boeing 747 isnt doin 400mph cuz of physics.
how does aerodynamics affect the reading of a sealed up enclosed final drive assembly?

think he refering the newtons law of inersia. not aerodynamics. ive given up explaining to people that there car is doing what it says. you think what you want, but when you go to rwyb or rolling road you'll have a shock
bubble

25th Feb 04 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so are u agreein with it or sayin they're out?
Greg_M

25th Feb 04 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as above, just take your car to rolling road or rwyb, and argue with the speed meters
bubble

25th Feb 04 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if we think about this logically at a rolling road u would get a higher speedo reading than on the road itself, due to this law of inertia. on a rolling road there is no resistance so it would read higher.
Greg_M

25th Feb 04 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes but i believe this is compentated for in the programming.
corsa starter

25th Feb 04 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok lets simplify this a bit... my speedo red 118 once downhill... its a 1.4 8v THT AINT GONNA HAPPEN. the do over read no doubt about it
Andy

25th Feb 04 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

It's not "bollox" - if you can't understand a simple concept like the increase in power required to generate a top speed, then you're even thicker than your posts suggest. But as others here have recommended, get yourself down to a properly timed event and prepare yourself for a shock
bubble

25th Feb 04 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah and how does that affect a top speed nobed?
a cable that is turnin due to revolutions of a final drive isnt going to change its state just because its goin fast. thats saying when you go faster u arent really. so when a f1 car is doin 200mph, it isnt really? on a corsa b its a cable driven system, if the gearbox final drive assy is spinning at a said speed this is how fast its going-simple. a corsa c uses a hall effect sensor and these are very accurate. so how can u say they are innacurate if its a electronic reading from a hall sensor? u cant. plus at a rolling road there is no resistance throught the drive wheels, so u would get a higher top speed. so take your physics theory and stick em.
Fad

25th Feb 04 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm agreeing with Andy on this one this bloke knows his stuff

u go to a rwyb day and u will see how inacuurate your speedo is a lot of people who go to the pod find their speedo really overreads and u cant argue with their timing gear.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll