corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » ok, my last question about transducers (hopefully)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ok, my last question about transducers (hopefully)
James@CCC

User status: Offline
26th Jan 04 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive been asking for some time about transducers as i didnt get one when i got my dash and now im regreting it. and despite all the questions ive asked im no closer to an answer, but..

late corsa came with electronic speedos (correct?)

if i had one of these already in my corsa i wouldnt have to change it when i got a didi dash (correct?)

therefore if i go to a scrappy and get a transducer from a corsa it will work with any digi dash. (correct?)

please can someone tell me if all this will work, so i dont have to ask again in a few days.

thanks alot
Tim
Site Administrator

26th Jan 04 at 16:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only thing I would say is I know the two speed sensors not only fitted in different places, but work on different pulse schemes (15 pulses vs 6 pulses IIRC) so the speed reported would be completely different unless you're good enough with electronics to build a digital cascade counter...
James@CCC

26th Jan 04 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tim
digital cascade counter...

i dont even know what those words mean.

do i look for a transducer out of a corsa, or do i look for one out of a car similar to the one i got the dash out of?
Tim
Site Administrator

26th Jan 04 at 16:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You want one out of the car the dash came from -- electronics will work properly then...

What gearbox are you putting this in? And what dash is it?

[Edited on 26-01-2004 by Tim]
James@CCC

26th Jan 04 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a vauxhall senator dash (3 litre, but cant remeber much more about it), except im gonna take it apart completely.....

i dunno about the gearbox, whatever comes as standard in an l reg ls 1.2 8v. Until my 19th when i get a 2 litre, yay

[Edited on 26-01-2004 by corser]
James@CCC

26th Jan 04 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt
cobra148

26th Jan 04 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corser
ive been asking for some time about transducers as i didnt get one when i got my dash and now im regreting it. and despite all the questions ive asked im no closer to an answer, but..

late corsa came with electronic speedos (correct?)

Correct

if i had one of these already in my corsa i wouldnt have to change it when i got a didi dash (correct?)

Depends on the dash you use and your current engine

therefore if i go to a scrappy and get a transducer from a corsa it will work with any digi dash. (correct?)

No it won't

please can someone tell me if all this will work, so i dont have to ask again in a few days.

thanks alot

James@CCC

26th Jan 04 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so not any transducer will work on any dash. but any transducer will work on any gearbox.

does anyone know anything at all about the different 3 litres which came in senators?
cobra148

26th Jan 04 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corser
its a vauxhall senator dash (3 litre, but cant remeber much more about it), except im gonna take it apart completely.....

i dunno about the gearbox, whatever comes as standard in an l reg ls 1.2 8v. Until my 19th when i get a 2 litre, yay

[Edited on 26-01-2004 by corser]

You won't get a Senator dash to work with a four pot Corsa, at least not with major work.
If you have an L plate 8 valve engine at the moment, your speedo is going to be cable driven, can't really comment on the speed sensor, 'cos the Senator will be a different ball game from the GTE dash.
cobra148

26th Jan 04 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm only 5 mins from Dunstable, I'll give you any help if I can, although I think your gonna be fighting a losing battle with the Senator dash, sell it and get yourself an Astra dash

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » ok, my last question about transducers (hopefully) 23 database queries in 0.0100839 seconds