corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » martin_c and k17sty's corsa c's

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author martin_c and k17sty's corsa c's
Martin_C

User status: Offline
29th Jan 04 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nathVTS
Yes but thats because your's doesn't sit low.

Some of the uninstalling of the ICE was done in a proper rush, I would've thought if the wires hanging down was a prob (they weren't hanging when the car was left) then thay'd be sorted in 5 mins. Clunky suspension is again, because it's low, has been confirmed professionally as not a problem.

Whats wrong with the soleniod wiring?

the pics of the car was sunday. this is thursday. my fk's went on tuesday. the front is as low if not lower than kirstys.

the solenoid is wiring to the rear window heater, which means it doesnt work! lots of use in a car with no wiper!
nathVTS

29th Jan 04 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, the wiper isn't even there, cos it looks pants. The heated screen is disconnected cos it's not good for the tints. The soleniod is wired so it only operates with the ignition as the switch is on the rear cos the Corsa has a dodgy 2 point catch, as I'm sure you know, it's clever actually, you obviously haven't traced the wires very well. Anyhow, it's not my car anyhow, don't know why I'm bothering to tell you!!
glasgow_corsa_c

29th Jan 04 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bit of an old shiddy job eh
Martin_C

29th Jan 04 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
lol, the wiper isn't even there, cos it looks pants. The heated screen is disconnected cos it's not good for the tints. The soleniod is wired so it only operates with the ignition as the switch is on the rear cos the Corsa has a dodgy 2 point catch, as I'm sure you know, it's clever actually, you obviously haven't traced the wires very well. Anyhow, it's not my car anyhow, don't know why I'm bothering to tell you!!

haha, i've had tints for over a year, same %, i dont see any probs!

my solenoid runs off a relay linked to the ignition, didnt touch the window wiring

we did trace the wires, hence me telling you its crap!
glasgow_corsa_c

29th Jan 04 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had my solenoid hoooked up to a push button in the inside of car & also to a spare button onthe Clifford alarm. no need for this demister wiper connecting up pish.

thats wat cowboys do
Martin_C

29th Jan 04 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by glasgow_corsa_c
had my solenoid hoooked up to a push button in the inside of car & also to a spare button onthe Clifford alarm. no need for this demister wiper connecting up pish.

thats wat cowboys do

mines in the glovebox
glasgow_corsa_c

29th Jan 04 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Martin_C
quote:

thats wat cowboys do

mines in the glovebox

ooooh posh

mine was on the roof

was quite funny when the sales man was tryin to get inthe boot when i traded the car in
Martin_C

29th Jan 04 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its beside the ps2

spent ages boring a hole in the plastic on the right hand side and mounted it there, kinda cool, just need to get the fucker to open without someone having to pull the wiper!
nathVTS

30th Jan 04 at 08:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, it's not connected to the demister ffs, how many times!!

Martin, you've obviously 'had yours done' thus not doing it yourself and not really knowing wtf you're on about. As for the tints, thats only what the fitters said, and they're quality tint aswell.

Glasgow - You're obviously on about an old car's solenoid bud, I'm guessing Corsa B, if so, just like the Saxo, piece of piss to do, the Corsa C is tricky as it has a double catch, hence you need to be at the boot whilst pressing the button to open it, sounds like Martin's 'quality' installation (not like the cowboys) has removed one of these catch's, safety fist an all that.
johns purple beast

30th Jan 04 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yes mate, but she looks a bit different nowadays!!

thats 1 of the best saxos ive eva seen bloke at works sons got that kit on his was featured in redline ages ago
K17STY

30th Jan 04 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Martin, you've obviously 'had yours done' thus not doing it yourself and not really knowing wtf you're on about. As for the tints, thats only what the fitters said, and they're quality tint aswell.

Glasgow - You're obviously on about an old car's solenoid bud, I'm guessing Corsa B, if so, just like the Saxo, piece of piss to do, the Corsa C is tricky as it has a double catch, hence you need to be at the boot whilst pressing the button to open it, sounds like Martin's 'quality' installation (not like the cowboys) has removed one of these catch's, safety fist an all that.

Martins still has a double catch and Glasgow had a Corsa C too. But can we all please STOP this now!! Thank you
mav

30th Jan 04 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats with all the bickering....................
Martin_C

30th Jan 04 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

sounds like Martin's 'quality' installation (not like the cowboys) has removed one of these catch's, safety fist an all that.

i have my safety catch, i have to pull my wiper at the same time to open it...

wtf i'm on about? what exactly am i meant to have got done?!?
nathVTS

30th Jan 04 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I meant 'had it done', as in not done the solenoid yourself. Anyway, so you need someone to press the button while you open the boot, two man job, nice.

Anyhow, yep, enough of the bickering, just seems a shame when people diss a nice car that's been ok in it's present condition for a good year, back to original topic though, both nice motors.
Martin_C

30th Jan 04 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i fitted the solenoid myself, and done it well, not wired like kirstys is, its a mess!

its easier if its in the glovebox, instead of having a lovely button exposed to the elements in the bumper...

just havent got round to fitting a spring to the tailgate yet.
nathVTS

30th Jan 04 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok, have to agree to disagree here then, the wiring wasn't a mess and the button is 'element' proof. 'Easier in the glovebox', yer, good thinking Batman, when you need someone else to lift the boot, superb.
Martin_C

30th Jan 04 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alot easier when theres a wiper to hold onto, its good fun trying to jam your fingers between the boot shut and the quarter panel... *wee gay laughin face*
nathVTS

30th Jan 04 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Minor drawback for style. Almost as ghey as needing two people for the operation but not quite.
neiliosxi

30th Jan 04 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry but my solenoid is powered off the rear demister and aint had any problem with it, took about 5 mins to fit aswell.
nathVTS

30th Jan 04 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Neilio, the wiring for the rear wiper motor/demister etc is all 'man enough' to run a soleniod, so I wouldn't worry. It's just the fact that Nev's old car uses the wiper motor wire for a short distance traced back into the car to avoid running another wire through the grommit, which is an arse, as that wire isn't in use anyhow. My soleniod uses the wiper motor wires, and as I haven't got the rear wiper, to open the boot you twist the stalk as if you were turning the wiper on, trick hey! :thrumbs:
neiliosxi

30th Jan 04 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, ok, safer if u need the key in to open boot i think.
nathVTS

30th Jan 04 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye!
Martin_C

30th Jan 04 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Neilio, the wiring for the rear wiper motor/demister etc is all 'man enough' to run a soleniod, so I wouldn't worry. It's just the fact that Nev's old car uses the wiper motor wire for a short distance traced back into the car to avoid running another wire through the grommit, which is an arse, as that wire isn't in use anyhow. My soleniod uses the wiper motor wires, and as I haven't got the rear wiper, to open the boot you twist the stalk as if you were turning the wiper on, trick hey! :thrumbs:

i ran the wires through...was piss easy.
glasgow_corsa_c

30th Jan 04 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

er nope mate.

I have a corsa c (well had!) and it was done with solenoid .

Martin_C

30th Jan 04 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

er nope mate.

I have a corsa c (well had!) and it was done with solenoid .

name doesnt give it away does it!

<<  2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » martin_c and k17sty's corsa c's 22 database queries in 0.1538630 seconds