corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » headlights adjuster?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author headlights adjuster?
corsadodo

User status: Offline
17th Jan 04 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had my mot today failed on headlights, basically i've got some e marked rhd smoked headlights but the adjuster wont stay in socket otherwise they'd be fine so swapped over to original headlights for mot and now these wont adjust what so ever, i've pushed the adjuster into socket as far and as tight as they'll go but still luck, can any one shed any light what i'm doing wrong? even dismantled smoked 1's to get the adjuster to stay in
TOMAS

17th Jan 04 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK with the smoked ones you need a clip-in adjuster piece to get them to work with motors. Are you running electic adjusters or just the fixed adjusters? Basically to see whether the adjusters are clipped in you need to grab the H4 bulb whilst its clipped into the light. If you can wiggle it about with the internal mirror then it aint clipped, if its tight then they are clipped in...
corsadodo

17th Jan 04 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think there elctric cos you can adjust them in the car under light switch.
i've took the glass off the front of lights so i can actually push the mirrored bit inside the light onto the adjuster but as soon as you adjust them they pop off
TOMAS

17th Jan 04 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As soon as you adjust them with the switch inside the car or the white knob on the electric adjuster? You have to set the adjuster inside the car to zero and then loosen off the white knob they can only go so much and then they will break or pop out if youve wound them too tight.
corsadodo

17th Jan 04 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i adjusted it manualy as far as the white knob would go out but not sure if it was on zero in the car but it just pops out as soon as you shorten it
corsadodo

17th Jan 04 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and whats the clip in adjuster piece you mentioned above?
sfxer

17th Jan 04 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

make sure the motor can physically turn , i accidently tightened one of the knobs too much and then it wouldnt adjust,

slacken it off a bit and see if that helps
corsadodo

17th Jan 04 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'll have another blast tomos
TOMAS

18th Jan 04 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah the bits im talking about were given to me when I bough LMF smoked lights. They clip into the adjuster in the lights. Its like and extension to the sticky outy bit...
troublesome

18th Jan 04 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well the guy at the garage did mine before my MOT it wasnt clipped in, he twisted the white nob as far as it woiuld go and then pushed it in and it was fine. he did know his stuff though and didnt charge me a penny.. )
corsadodo

18th Jan 04 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tried that still not working

New Poll