corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » the best inlet manifold

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author the best inlet manifold
SJW16V

User status: Offline
23rd Dec 03 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats the best inlet manifold dbilas? mantzel? lexmaul? or any others?
for a x16xe
dont care bout the price
broster
Premium Member

23rd Dec 03 at 20:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mantzel is good, but the velos one is a cheaper version of it. if money was no object id go for the manzel wit ha uni chip, but then again if money was no object what about throttle bodies!
Joff

23rd Dec 03 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed if you're not fussed about price then throttle bodies or the Mantzel/Velos+cams+chip route.

The Lexmaul inlet manifold works very well off a standard setup, or with cams - you don't need to up the rev limit to get the benefits out of this.

Mantzel and Velos give greater gains in the long run (Donna's old GSi engine for example) but expect to put more time and money into fitting, setting up and troubleshooting.
broster
Premium Member

23rd Dec 03 at 20:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joff

The Lexmaul inlet manifold works very well off a standard setup, or with cams - you don't need to up the rev limit to get the benefits out of this.

agree with the above, i also have the lexmaul, fitted it myself in an hour, and iv got no complaints with it, drives really well, but on my rolling road print out the power was still rising when i hit the standard limiter(but not as much as earlier on on the graph), so it may be worth a chip, but not necessary
Joff

23rd Dec 03 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You still had your peak past the limiter??

My power peaked at about 6k with the Ram Induction on!
luca2020

23rd Dec 03 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if u dont care about price then get some TBs, much better than an aftermarket inlet manifold
SJW16V

23rd Dec 03 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats tb's
Cybermonkey

23rd Dec 03 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

throttle bodies. A single throttle body for each cylinder, so its got its own supply of fresh air. look at www.sbdev.co.uk for ideas. TP185 kit is stonking.
Greasemonkey

23rd Dec 03 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

<<<<<< Mantzel LOL
miles

23rd Dec 03 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still dont see how lexmaul is easier to fit.

Either set up will benefit from a remap.
Greasemonkey

23rd Dec 03 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When i fitted my Mantzel it took a good 12 hours to do, it was the first time i ever did any engine work that was that involved, partly cos you have to replace the lower inlet manifold on a C16XE, started first time and run sweet ever since.
Miles matey i wanna get a chip for mine, is a unichip the way to go, what power gains will i get from it or will a superchip be good enough
vibrio
Banned

23rd Dec 03 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SJW16V
whats the best inlet manifold dbilas? mantzel? lexmaul? or any others?
for a x16xe
dont care bout the price

best gains I have seen are the dbilas. however mapping makes better mid rabge and increased rev limit really helps peak power. should get around 140 with decat, exhaust, filter. exhaust manifold and cam should see 155hp with UNICHIP
vibrio
Banned

23rd Dec 03 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Greasemonkey
When i fitted my Mantzel it took a good 12 hours to do, it was the first time i ever did any engine work that was that involved, partly cos you have to replace the lower inlet manifold on a C16XE, started first time and run sweet ever since.
Miles matey i wanna get a chip for mine, is a unichip the way to go, what power gains will i get from it or will a superchip be good enough

yes forget about popperchips. you'll gain mid range most when you fit the unichip.
dig dave2811

24th Dec 03 at 03:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats the differense between throttle bodies and inlet manifold dsuch as dbilas mantzel or lexmaul.
Joff

24th Dec 03 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by miles
Still dont see how lexmaul is easier to fit.

Either set up will benefit from a remap.

Lexmaul Type 1 inlet manifold only replaces the top section of the inlet manifold on the X14 and X16XE engines which is about 1 hours work by a Vauxhall technician.
The Mantzel and other variants replace the lower section (on some engines) and the top section requires changes to the air intake pipe at the end of the airfilter.
The lower section is possible whilst the engine's in the car... but as some have found, it could take you a while
Greasemonkey

24th Dec 03 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Removing that lower inlet manifold is hard work!!!, many a cut knuckle
Daimo B

24th Dec 03 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
quote:
Originally posted by Greasemonkey

yes forget about popperchips. you'll gain mid range most when you fit the unichip.

Which is no use to tha mantzel box as it works at high RPM. And Manztel was the original and still the best
Greasemonkey

24th Dec 03 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So the best option is get a superchip and run it along side a unichip!!! HHHMMMM expensive, think i will go for just the superchip get me car booked in new year
Daimo B

24th Dec 03 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That would be a good option yeah. Running both together.

Does anyone know of a management program that can be used on any engine? IF you want to do an Andy Hamilton and build up the engine using the Mantzel/any aftermarket inlet manifold, then stick TB on, if you've already got a good engine management, it'll save u ££ in the long run.
Greasemonkey

24th Dec 03 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DTA engine managment can do this i think you get it from Velos motorsport
miles

24th Dec 03 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For the cost of a unichip and superchip you'd be foolish not to get proper management instead.

Surely you have to replace the lower inlet manifold on the lexmaul on a c16xe due to the funny flange on the top of the lower inlet manifold?

Nova's have more clearance at the back of the engine bay which makes things easier for me.

You could fit a mantzel to a 'x' engine in no more than a couple of hours.
Joff

24th Dec 03 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, the Lexmaul ram induction is not available for the C16XE.
vibrio
Banned

24th Dec 03 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daimo B
That would be a good option yeah. Running both together.

Does anyone know of a management program that can be used on any engine? IF you want to do an Andy Hamilton and build up the engine using the Mantzel/any aftermarket inlet manifold, then stick TB on, if you've already got a good engine management, it'll save u ££ in the long run.

MBE, DTA etc can be used. even a UNICHIP can be used to control TB's
broster
Premium Member

24th Dec 03 at 15:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joff
You still had your peak past the limiter??

My power peaked at about 6k with the Ram Induction on!

yeah i had peak power at 6415rpm, which is where my limiter cut in, i have a super chip but did get the limiter raised.
miles

24th Dec 03 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So saying that the lexmaul item gives more low down power and the mantzel gives it further up is a myth then!

A unichip could work with tb's, but you would have to play around with the ICV, EGR and TPS. The rev limit couldn't be changed and you wouldn't be able to use verniers.

Im not sure how the unichip would fair performance wise. Im not sure how unichips work tbh.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll