corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » top speeds

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author top speeds
corsa120

User status: Offline
29th Nov 03 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

look the top speed of a car will be roughly what the book figures are the 1.6 16v sport what ive got is getting close to the limiter at 118 mph book says 119 if u do the calculations all cars are geared to do like 130-140 even skoda's favorites lol lol they will not do it though

i mean come on ppl you think ford, vauxhall etc were testing there cars u think theydyno'ed the engine and let a 90 year old mn have his feet behind the pedals to record the results dont think so these are factory times and most cars especially highly manufactured cars like fiesta's corsa's etc are what they say they are i no nothing in engineering is exact thats why if u dyno'ed 2 same cars they would both be different but 1 does not do 130 and the other 112 pmsl
MattyB

29th Nov 03 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

125 on the clocks dead, at 5100rpm. Turbo winds down big time. Wont go any faster, or slower, just 125mph. whether it be me alone with no weight, or 2 people + work gear in boot, its all the same. And it doesnt seem to hang around gettin there, but it kinda gets there, and just stops accelerating.

I dunno how much that is in real terms, but it seemed pretty damn fast

But drinks the fuel, and smokes quote a bit coz the boost has dropped.

Matt
Cybermonkey

30th Nov 03 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by someone
quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey24
quote:
Originally posted by someone
from when we went to lemans so cars full of kit and people

corsa B 1.2 8v =112
fiesta 1.3 8v (non zetec) =112

FPMSL, neither of these cars will se 100mph. ever.

this is from the clocks so could be wrong I admit but def over 100
had a picture of a speedo from the trip but cant find it
these cars had some serious raping

And which gear were you in?
MarkM

30th Nov 03 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa120
i have got 1.6 16v sport corsa and my mrs mum has zetec s my mrs borrowed it so i had a little play to be honest they dont like to rev dont fell good sluggish, and not up to my corsa's standard, the book top speed is 113 and i took it out down the m45 and no way will one do 130 i had it absolutely flat out at 112-13 mph i wish peeps would stop lieing about what they get, i had a 1.4 16v corsa sport and no matter how long the road i never got more than 110 approx its flat out

my 1.6 is flat out at 115 will go more but needs long bit of road

i read the other day in a magazine feature that a lad with 1.4 16v has hitting 100mph at 5000rpm no way is this true

TELL THE TRUTH PEEPS WE NOT GONNA LAUGH WE ALL HAVE CORSA'S LOL LOL

no more than 113?? hmmm either her car is fecked or your lying...it will do same top speed as corsa sport 1.6...

[Edited on 30-11-2003 by sport16v]
Cybermonkey

30th Nov 03 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sport16v
quote:
i have got 1.6 16v sport corsa and my mrs mum has zetec s my mrs borrowed it so i had a little play to be honest they dont like to rev dont fell good sluggish, and not up to my corsa's standard, the book top speed is 113 and i took it out down the m45 and no way will one do 130 i had it absolutely flat out at 112-13 mph i wish peeps would stop lieing about what they get, i had a 1.4 16v corsa sport and no matter how long the road i never got more than 110 approx its flat out

i read the other day in a magazine feature that a lad with 1.4 16v has hitting 100mph at 5000rpm no way is this true

no more than 113?? hmmm either her car is fecked or your lying...it will do same top speed as corsa sport 1.6...

No it will not. The engine is cack.
Adam-D

30th Nov 03 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

dont let my bro hear you say that dave hell cry
Cybermonkey

30th Nov 03 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam-D
quote:
quote:
quote:

dont let my bro hear you say that dave hell cry

would he cry because the truth hurts?
Sooty
Banned

30th Nov 03 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Adam, if you dont mind me asking, whats the fastest car your brother has been in?
MarkM

30th Nov 03 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

I have had this argument before..I have owned a corsa sport 1.6 and I have owned a Zetec-S...I feel adequatley qualified to make this comparison as I have owned both for an extended period of time and not "borrowing" someones car for a limited time...

I offer any of you 1.6 sport owners a "blat" in my car to see they are very similar...
Cybermonkey

30th Nov 03 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I have had this argument before..I have owned a corsa sport 1.6 and I have owned a Zetec-S...I feel adequatley qualified to make this comparison as I have owned both for an extended period of time and not "borrowing" someones car for a limited time...

I offer any of you 1.6 sport owners a "blat" in my car to see they are very similar...

I have been up against them on the motorway. They are very similar in performance to VTR's. Good off the line, but mid-range is poor compared the 16XE unit.
MarkM

30th Nov 03 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I have been up against them on the motorway. They are very similar in performance to VTR's. Good off the line, but mid-range is poor compared the 16XE unit.

That is your opinion which you are more than entitled to...I mean whats to say when u race someone they are trying as hard as you etc...maybe u did beat this person...you cannot however make comment on anothers cars peformance without actually driving it for yourself...
Adam-D

30th Nov 03 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sooty
Adam, if you dont mind me asking, whats the fastest car your brother has been in?

probly the zetec s

i mean itsa nice car just its not tunable built a bit like a saxo i dont like it really it looks nice but thats it

once he starts driving im guessing he will wise up
Adam-D

30th Nov 03 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fastest one ive been in is a audi 80 sport very nice car or a vw scirocco "sp"
fastest ive driven is a bmw 02 plate 5 series m5 with that triptronic gear box/ manual box very nice but a bloody tank od a car

or a saab 9 series convertible "bosses car" well one of them
Cybermonkey

30th Nov 03 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

That is your opinion which you are more than entitled to...I mean whats to say when u race someone they are trying as hard as you etc...maybe u did beat this person...you cannot however make comment on anothers cars peformance without actually driving it for yourself...

No its not my opinion, its fact. the engines are weak, but the handling is superb. I also think they look rather good.
Sooty
Banned

30th Nov 03 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what bhp does the ZS make? I know the sport is 105/6
Cybermonkey

30th Nov 03 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

about 102, with a 0-60 of 10secs.
Sooty
Banned

30th Nov 03 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well surely its not that far off ... corsa is 9.5 or something with only 4 more ponies... whats lighter.. fiesta or corsa?
MatthewR

30th Nov 03 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had 116mph on the clock coming home from southendracing Nath in his 1.416v
I have a 1.4i 8v engine so id say it was probably 110mph ??
Cybermonkey

30th Nov 03 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
well surely its not that far off ... corsa is 9.5 or something with only 4 more ponies... whats lighter.. fiesta or corsa?

Sooty, mine is below 9secs to 60 remember. Also, 0-60 is a crap way of comparing a car's performance. mid range and peak power, the ZS will struggle against a Sport/GSi.

Dave
casper_ac

1st Dec 03 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my corsa 1995 1.4 16v SRi lowered 40mm and with a green cone filter on it with 15 inch alloys. ive had her at 125mph on a flat road and i think i could have got another 1 or2 mph outa her!
Sooty
Banned

1st Dec 03 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well we all know Daimo can do over 115mph
Daimo B

1st Dec 03 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, my car does around 135mph odd. Trying to sh1t stir again are we Sooty??
Sooty
Banned

1st Dec 03 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea... its working
MarkM

1st Dec 03 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Sooty, mine is below 9secs to 60 remember. Also, 0-60 is a crap way of comparing a car's performance. mid range and peak power, the ZS will struggle against a Sport/GSi.

Dave

The fiesta is quite a bit lighter...not sure of specific figures but it is a lot lighter...therefore as sooty said the peformance is very similar...I cant stand people who are bias towards there own car just coz they own one...grow up!

Doug_SRi

1st Dec 03 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
what bhp does the ZS make? I know the sport is 105/6

quote:
about 102, with a 0-60 of 10secs.

The average zs has 110bhp. If you look around on zsoc.com you will see a few graphs i think. Best i know is someone got 114bhp as standard.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » top speeds 22 database queries in 0.1793289 seconds