corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Mk2 cavalier cdi c20let + vectra gsi estate rep

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mk2 cavalier cdi c20let + vectra gsi estate rep
--ToM--

User status: Offline
   19th May 14 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally got round to doing a project thread, iv been doing this car for 2 years now but work commitments mean iv had minimal time to do it so it's dragged on a bit lol, the phone I had with all the pictures from the very beginning died sadly so I lost all them but I still have hundreds so ill upload a few of the build shortly!

Basically after owning loads of vauxhalls I went jap and had a few 200sxs and some bmws and work took over a bitpved house blah blah then I decided I wanted a new project the 3 cars I really regretted selling the most were my nova gsi my mk2 astra GTE and my cav 4x4 turbo so ideally wanted one of them 3, but the cav came along a bloke who works on the same estate as me has owned it for a while and I have done work on it for him and knew it was a solid straight car just suffering from usual vauxhall rear arch and sill rot and the odd scab here and there, due to him getting married a buying a house he had no time so I made a cheeky offer and boom it was mine,

Plan was to keep it a 2.0 8v do the bodywork and have a nice clean old skool classic but I knew I would get bored easily so c20let it was!!!

Sourced one, gave it a re fresh, new rings shells bearings Cambelt water pump oil pump gaskets all round etc and then began fitting it, I wanted to fit it and get it running then remove again so that I didn't damage any paintwork by doing the bodywork first !!

Once that was boxed off I set about rot chopping!!! Cut it all out welded my new panels and the underside was fully buzzed back any areas that needed seeing to were seen too then it was primed and undersealed!!

Was going to 5 stud it but fancied speedlines like I had on my nova and GTE so made use of the 4 stud and sourced a set and had them painted up ready for when the body was done , big brakes were fitted new flexis and pipes all the usual bits ,

I'm struggling to remember now lol I'll stick piks up let them do the talking !!

[Edited on 19-05-2014 by --ToM--]

[Edited on 01-06-2014 by --ToM--]

[Edited on 02-06-2014 by --ToM--]

[Edited on 15-08-2014 by --ToM--]

[Edited on 27-09-2014 by --ToM--]

[Edited on 12-10-2014 by --ToM--]

[Edited on 10-12-2014 by --ToM--]

[Edited on 27-12-2014 by --ToM--]
--ToM--

19th May 14 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

--ToM--

19th May 14 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A pik with my gsi

I then weld up the Ariel hole and wiper hole and washer jet hole on the boot lid before it went to the body shop as I wanted to get rid of them as I don't like the look of them

Then carried on stripping it

And off she went

recarouk

19th May 14 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the fooks going on with your photos

love the MK2's but ive spun my laptop round that many times im dizzy
--ToM--

19th May 14 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

--ToM--

19th May 14 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They look normal on my iPad mate ? Haha god knows I'm past caring now uploading all these with a shit Internet connection has made me realise why I didn't do a thread haha
--ToM--

19th May 14 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brought it back to the unit after it's respray to build it back up

The jigsaw

--ToM--

19th May 14 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I then hand painted the badges previous owner had done a shit job so made them look all nice again

Pik of how my wheel arches look same as the whole underside

Also gave my cam cover a lick of paint to match the badges

And fitted

--ToM--

19th May 14 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After it's maiden voyage I realised the headlights were a bit dull as to get home I go down a lot of unlit roads so reluctantly I fitted some more modern ones I think it looks quiete good tbh better than expected anyway

Treated it to some new ht leads

Then I was delighted to hear total vauxhall wanted to feature it so along came the shoot approx a month ago now

After the shoot I started using it daily as iv been waiting two years to use it lol I found the standard clock were just like a nova especially the fuel guage ....... Not accurate at all!!! So fitted a digi dash

And my silicone afm to turbo pipe was starting to rub through a bit on the slam panel so I decided to fit something a bit more robust!!

--ToM--

19th May 14 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And that's about it for now I'm currently just enjoying using it and looking forward to Pvs apologies for all the pictures in one hit going to give my thumbs a rest now lol
taylorboosh

19th May 14 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What an awesome car - and wtf where do you work it looks epic
recarouk

19th May 14 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you did that yourself, thats some bloody fantastic work chap, really really is! lovely car and brilliant work
--ToM--

19th May 14 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work in the classic car restoration / sales business we restore and buy and sell cars ranging from race cars like formula fords upto f1 and classic cars fr cosworths upto ferrari daytonas dinos etc I'm currently restoring a Lamborghini miura we've got 2 in at the moment and a 2 super rare Toyota 2000gts thanks for the nice comments mate
--ToM--

19th May 14 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the nice comments it makes it se worth while I came close to selling it as an unfinished project a few times!! A lot of late nights and weekends were give up to build it lol
johnny86
Premium Member

19th May 14 at 20:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Absolutely lovely car mate.
ShEp

19th May 14 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saw it was gonna be in next months TV

Looks awsome.

Always wanted an ols sri130
--ToM--

19th May 14 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where did you see that bud? Is it in the back of this months?

I always wanted a 130 too I actually debated for a while about having it painted two tone like the Sri but decided to keep it as it is apparently the Cdi is quiet a rare model and was seen as the "executive" model in its day with the chrome handles and trim etc
gidged500
Premium Member

19th May 14 at 21:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a fantastic build ! Glad you shared this on here been a good read so far. Well deserved in tv.
Must say that garage you built it back up in is very impressive !
Will this be at pvs ?

Wish I'd sold you my anthracite speedlines so I could have seen this

[Edited on 19-05-2014 by gidged500]
Generation

19th May 14 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's AWEOMSE!!!! Definitely have a look around this at PVS!!!!! That workshop
taylorboosh

20th May 14 at 05:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would your work be against you posting resto pics of interesting cars on here? Id certainly love to see
--ToM--

20th May 14 at 06:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thank you very much guys it will be at Pvs on the total vauxhall stand so you can have a look then mate if I had of bought your speedlines I would of come in the van anyway haha

Unfortunately my boss gets a bit funny about stuff being posted on the Internet due to customer confidentiality a lot of the cars are super rare an super expensive and the type of clients we deal with are majorly fussy and massive players in the classic car game so we don't want to risk upsetting them if they happened to see there car on Facebook or Twitter etc
ShEp

20th May 14 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --ToM--
Where did you see that bud? Is it in the back of this months?

I always wanted a 130 too I actually debated for a while about having it painted two tone like the Sri but decided to keep it as it is apparently the Cdi is quiet a rare model and was seen as the "executive" model in its day with the chrome handles and trim etc

Yeah big pic in the back of this months TV

Will buy it and read the feature next month, motor looks great
Generation

20th May 14 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --ToM--
Thank you very much guys it will be at Pvs on the total vauxhall stand so you can have a look then mate if I had of bought your speedlines I would of come in the van anyway haha

Unfortunately my boss gets a bit funny about stuff being posted on the Internet due to customer confidentiality a lot of the cars are super rare an super expensive and the type of clients we deal with are majorly fussy and massive players in the classic car game so we don't want to risk upsetting them if they happened to see there car on Facebook or Twitter etc

We're on the same stand then look forward to seeing
taylorboosh

21st May 14 at 05:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bet it surprises loads of stuff
--ToM--

21st May 14 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahhh cool mate , I haven't been Pvs for 2 or 3 years now so I'm looking forward to it

It does Suprise a lot of stuff and I'm shocked at how many heads it turns because loads of people remember them and you rarely see them on the road so I always get nice comments too, my boss was a bit pissed off yesterday as a classic car magazine came to our workshop to try and sell us advertising pages so my boss shown them around we have Ferrari daytonas dinos Lamborghini miuras e type jags all sorts and the bloke said "the car I like the most is the cavalier outside, they were the car to have back in the day" haha I was made up my boss wasn't though

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Mk2 cavalier cdi c20let + vectra gsi estate rep 23 database queries in 0.1013811 seconds