corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Dan's Star Sliver slow Project

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Dan's Star Sliver slow Project
Dan H

User status: Offline
6th Feb 12 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all... My name is Dan, live in stockton on tees. ive been on the site for about 3/4 year now, im onto my 4th corsa which is currently a 1.0 12v but im hopefully going to make it into a x/c16xe turbo with around 250bhp.

so here are a few pictures of my old cars 1st one was a 1.0 12v in Polar Sea Blue

when i first got it:

After

i then bought a SRI which had a 1.8 16v ecotec conversion out of a vectra

but ended up like this after 5 days of owning it went into some idiot that was parked in middle of road (country road 60mph)

i then bought a 1.2 which was standard when i got it (no pictures) but here are a few after 24hrs of ownership

i then dropped a 1.6 in it as i broke the 1.2 8v

here is how it looked until i broke it for parts

and now this is what the new project looks like its a Cat C write off when i bought it off a mate, someone went into the back of it.. came with 5 corsa c sxi wheels on and everything else is/was standard.. paid £150 for it

this is the only mod ive done to it so far (painted top of bumper with rattle cans)

ive stripped it out as im going to fully sound proof the full car for abit more comfort, im watching some leather bucket seats on ebay too which i will eventually get. im wanting to eventually get it resprayed white with a Reiger front bumper, corsa c skirts and astra vxr nurgburg graphics on it with white speedlines.. but thats for future, its hopefully going to have a 1.4/1.6 16v engine in ready for the show season and body work tidied up abit

thanks for looking
D0NN3R

6th Feb 12 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alot of corsas there. plan to your new project sounds good and how low at the front or have the springs been removed
Dan H

6th Feb 12 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

front springs have been removed lol. Was supposed to sell them but then i didnt and just havent got around to fitting them back in lol.
corsasportsam

6th Feb 12 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what paint did you use to do the bumper tops??? might do mine cheers....
Dan H

6th Feb 12 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was just pound shop gloss black paint bud, sanded them down till they were as near smooth as i could, primered them, sanded, painted, sanded, then about 10 coats of laquer.. best if you warm cans of paint up too.. i stood mine infront of fire on a low heat for about 10-15mins untill it was nice and warm
Jed D

6th Feb 12 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good stuff, poundland paint atw
corsasportsam

6th Feb 12 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate top man nice n cheap aswell!! ill give it a bash cuz can paint my side skirts same aswell kill two birds with one stone can always redo if no good lol!!
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

6th Feb 12 at 19:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Done a good job on that front bumper Dan,looks really shiny to say it's been done with poundland stuff.

I bought some of it to do some little bits but found it spayed horrible and splattered everywhere.

Looking good anyways Dan,will look so much cleaner all the arches and rear bumper done.

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
Dan H

6th Feb 12 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsasportsam - yeah it was only a cheap thing, if it went wrong then i wouldnt be bothered as it was only about £4 worth of paint lol (laquer i got from halfords)

DanCorsaSXi - yeah i ws surprised how shiney it came out like, but then again after 10 coats of warm laquer it should lol, i just need to use a buffer and g3 to take the dullness off the sides and make it abit better. yeah ya can get some dodgey cans that dont spary the paint propperly and comes out all dodgey but if you warm it up then it usually comes out fine. Yeah im thinking about buying new arch trim for it before i pain them but will just have to see what the money situation is like, rear bumer will hopefully be getting done this week or next!

wheels are getting sold on saturday so will be sitting on steels untill i persuade my mate to sell me his cav slabs will post new pictures on the new steels, they are rather special
Matty SRi

7th Feb 12 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

L190 RDM, my old car! Looked so much better with those bumpers. I sold it to the lad you bought it off, he was supposed to be putting a red top in it.
Dan H

7th Feb 12 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah TJ sold me it.. im surprised he didnt put a redtop in it but he said he would never put a 1.8 in again as it was a pure pain in the arse lol
Seann

8th Feb 12 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks like a good base to start with
Dan H

8th Feb 12 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Seann! Its Rust\Rot free underneath.. only downside is i need to replace spare wheel well and rear pannel all be getting done in time though
Matty SRi

8th Feb 12 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matty SRi
L190 RDM, my old car! Looked so much better with those bumpers. I sold it to the lad you bought it off, he was supposed to be putting a red top in it.

Was suprised when i seen it for sale with a 1.8 in after he said he was putting a redtop in it. Best thing about that car was the interior, was mint when i had it. The rest of it was falling apart
Dan H

8th Feb 12 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah interior was in decent condition like.. shame my subs lunched the rear backs off the hindge :/ would of loved to save the interior like, was all ruined after crash was stupidly low too, used to catch on everything, was nippy with the 1.8 in
Matty SRi

8th Feb 12 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was a different front bumper aswell cos i had to change it when i had it from hitting a jeep in the snow and the headlight was all wonkey haha.
Wasnt lowered at all when i had it.
Was standard apart from jamex shocks and magnex exhaust.
And the drivers window was fucked
I also stuck the drivers side bump strip back on with superglue because i couldnt be arsed getting the residue off

[Edited on 08-02-2012 by Matty SRi]
Dan H

8th Feb 12 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it has 60mm springs on a jamex shocks all round when i got it.
yeah i found out the drivers window was fucked the day i bought it! going down the a66 winding window up from the bottom and it popped off so had to chock it up with some wood, had a look and was the runner that was bent :s... haha thats why the bump strip fell off just about lol! was a canny car, only annying part was the toad alarm fob was fooked!
had a different exhaust on when i had it, cant remember what its called, looked huge but wasnt really that loud, nice little rumble... i miss that car so much wish i didnt crash it lol, put a few 600cc bikes to shame and got the thumbs up from them with the 1800 = f13cr box on like lol
Matty SRi

8th Feb 12 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol window was fine when i first got it, then a few months later it got fucked, tooked the door card off and half the teeth on the sprocket were missing! so i put it back together and just used to push the window up
What was wrong with the alarm? It was perfect when i had it, never even got locked out once
Was alot nicer when you got it compared to when i had it like, i just didnt have the money to do anything to it at the time. i miss it too
Dan H

8th Feb 12 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think it was the battery on its way out on the fob, used to take about 5mins to get it to unlock and open lol. was a pain when i used to turn it off while sitting in car then have to lock it and unlock it again to start it :/
yeah i loved it when i got it like, as soon as i got offered it i was like yes i'll have it lol... the engine had a few faults when i got it though, would only rev to 4k then ya had to turn it off and back on again after a few mins of drving then it would drive fine, stupid ecotec engine! was an awsome machine. think he done the conversion in a scrap yard too like he used to with all the other corsas he has done! apparently they had to grind away at the sump to make it fit in the engine bay propperly too for some reason :s... got it cought on a speed ramp near me the day i got it too, nice big scrape on sump
Matty SRi

8th Feb 12 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah that was annoying alright, i sussed it out after a while aswell and found out to do it without having to lock it and unlock it again but cant remember how lol.
wasnt the best of engine conversions then
had been around the block a few times too, think it was 13 owners when i had it and i got it from a lad in york.
Dan H

8th Feb 12 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

na deffo wasnt the best conversion he has done lol.
ive still got the log book for it. i was the 17th owner lol! would of been 19yr old in september (date registered) i dont think it had an easy life! got to say when i had the service history the sri engine looked like it had been looked after by the first few owners. always buying parts from Dealer
Matty SRi

8th Feb 12 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, there was a receipt there from a few years ago for nearly £3000 i think? the sri engine was spot on when i had it, only had a k&n filter and the exhaust and it was nippy then. 17 owners! fuckin hell
Whats funnier is.... i still have the logbook aswell! hahaah
Seann

8th Feb 12 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you planning a engine conversion on this? If yeah what engine / box, can you do them yourself?
Dan H

8th Feb 12 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah was a hell of a lot of receipts in there, ended up soacking them in oil along with the rest of the interior when my oil burst during the crash haha!
yeah its deffo had its head kicked in abit and been round a few times.
hahahaha i was supposed to send it off nearly 2yr ago! ooooppps!
Matty SRi

8th Feb 12 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same here, i forgot to send mine off aswell, then the other lad applied for a new 1 anyway
Shame you lost everything like

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Dan's Star Sliver slow Project 24 database queries in 0.0922499 seconds