corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Clean corsa sport redressed as a Gsi

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Clean corsa sport redressed as a Gsi
Nova_mike

User status: Offline
14th Mar 11 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some time around spring last year i saw a tidy corsa sport for sale for a good price so bought it going on pic's sent and a honest description, being as nit picky as i am i expected the worst, so paid for it and got it shiped to me in guernsey as it worked out about £240 to get it to my door, not bad considering a ferry to the uk and back with a car is around the £260 mark thats without fuel, food, accomedation ect...

Anyway it arrived at the dock's picked it up gave it a clean and to my suprise it was better than i expected, planned to sell it and make a large profit all was good but then i let my girlfriend drive it, that was that she absolutly loved it, so there was no descusion, she now owned a corsa kinda glad to as i quite like it.

After a clean and polish this is how it stood:
year 2000
miles 68,000

Then came a good detail sesion and a set of gaz coilovers lol

The more it got cleaned the more little bit's were found that needed doing to get it looking mint, then one day the mrs was rallying it round and heard a wine noise nothing serious but being female was to scared to drive it

Got it in to the garage to have a look and could hardly hear anything then it started alternator bearing's, what a bast**d to get out, while it was out i decided to ditch the standard intake setup and got a VX preformance inlet, new idle control valve as that was playin up, cleaned out the throttle body and modified it to make it easy to remove and install, fitted a short shift gear linkage with nylon bush's insted of those poo standard ones and new linkage bush's. got a new rib belt as you do then noticed when i had the engine mount out it needed a new engine mount and P/S pump was leaking so the fun started anyway rebuilt the alternator so that was all good and refitted it, decided since i was at it i might as well start the body work, front end heavly stone chiped, dents in bonnet where some tard had pushed it shut instead of dropping it and a dent in each wing, so this is how it stood at the end of the weekend

more to follow as that was a few months back now haha and i have forgot where some of the plugs go so will be needing help on that one as its refitting everything time

[Edited on 23-07-2011 by Nova_mike]

[Edited on 31-07-2011 by Nova_mike]
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

14th Mar 11 at 21:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks beautiful slammed on sports wheels mate

My bro wants his black B that low

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
Nova_mike

14th Mar 11 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh it's suprising how little things make the differance eh and its not even wound down all the way, only problem is the fatty tyres stopping it going lower but they are to good to change will wear them out then get lower profile tyres and go lower not to much tho, just waiting for photo bucket to upload more pic's so i can carry on.
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

14th Mar 11 at 21:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea nice one Mike Love corsa's slammed on sport wheels

What else is planned for this?

Nova_mike

14th Mar 11 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers dan

well as i was about to reveal in later post's. a tidy up of the front end has turned in to full respray as i have got a set of gsi arch's and skirt's also repainting the rear bumper so its all black so might as well go the whole way so it all match's + colour coding door handles ect...

set of depo's will be on too, a number of things but nothing that drasticly changes the appreance of the car, just little things that improve it. its only a weekend car hence why so low lol.
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

14th Mar 11 at 21:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok would look amazing all black

Nova_mike

14th Mar 11 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Next up was to send off the injectors to be cleaned as they were due really at that milage and age, so off they went and got them back a few day's later bargin.

Nova_mike

14th Mar 11 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

then arrived the inlet woop woop so on with the TB

think this is the reason it had idle prob's as it did not move as it should of when it was spose too!

so next was to mod the tb where the bolts go

next was to clean it all up and a lic of paint ready for refitting

then bolted on to inlet, fitted new idle control valve and tps ready for fitting to car
Nova_mike

14th Mar 11 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Next was quick sort out the stat housing as it was leaking and looking manky, so bought new stat, temp sender an temp gauge sensor cleaned up ready for refitting.

new stat and old housing about to be cleaned up

new parts, some lunch an a coffe

housing all cleaned up

then all finished and put with inlet ready for fitting

Nova_mike

14th Mar 11 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Then next was fit the gear lingage took a few mins to adjust the selector rod length but all in all not bad took about 10-15mins
Nova_mike

14th Mar 11 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Next was to get the old exhaust manifold off as got a S/S 4-1 and a S/S de cat pipe as the old cat pipe flange had rotted away and was unuseable, removed the old leaky ps pump and broken engine mount.

Bought a maniflod of vxandy andy ashworth off here who screwed me over and never sent the item so i had to source another one, the de cat arrived and got my new ps pump, also got new aux belt tensioner while i was around that area.

the cat section was well and truly rust welded to the centre section, i tried wiggling twisting bending ect... nothing would budge it so got out this my best friend that day and heated it up and got it off in about 2 mins

Nova_mike

15th Mar 11 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Next on the list was to sort the engine mount, i decided to make my own solid mount, as it would only cost £40 so started cutting all the old rubber out of the mount

before i cut out the last couple of chunks i had to make up a braket to hold it all in place while the urethane set so quick knocked up somethiing then cut rest of the rubber out, shot blasted it, primed the mount then set it in the vice ready to pour in the 2 part polyurethane mix, poured in the mix, vac'ed it then baked it for a bit to cure did not get any pic's of that bit but the next day i took a pic of how it turned out takes about 5-7 day's to fully cure tho.

product i used

[Edited on 15-03-2011 by Nova_mike]
sharpy28

15th Mar 11 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some very good progress here
Nova_mike

15th Mar 11 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

While i was doing all this i noticed that some of the suspension bush's had seen better day's so got a set of powerflex bush's form tom (ecclesturbo) off here told me they were for a post 97 sorted, then they arrived found they were actually pre 97 so had to buy a brand new front tie bar to front panel bush kit as the later ones were a larger diameter text him explaining this and We resolved the issue GOOD MAN, anyway got the right ones and then realised all the bottom arms and bits were very rusty and needed tidying up so sorted out a very large shot blasting box and blasted them all ready for powdercoating.

Before

then all cleaned up

got carried away doing everything rusty did the battery tray to as that was a mess, then they all went off to be powdercoated, got them back very quick and a top job too, fitted all my bush's and used some nice new S/S nuts too ready for refitting back to the car.

the evil wrong bush's

correct ones

more bits done

[Edited on 16-03-2011 by Nova_mike]

[Edited on 28-12-2011 by Nova_mike]
Nova_mike

15th Mar 11 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Now this is roughly where i am up to, i am just starting to look at the wiring side of things as some needs to be shortened and some lengthened, also there are some plug's i dont need but got confused at what goes where now as have loads of left over plugs, ditched the egr set up and secondary air pump so prob just this but hey ho will get more involved on the weekend, any advice good or bad welcome as there may be better ways of doing things i have done.

[Edited on 15-03-2011 by Nova_mike]
Nova_mike

15th Mar 11 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sharpy28
Some very good progress here

Cheers matey hopefully it keep's up at this pace want to bring it to pvs, well that is the plan.
Bettley

15th Mar 11 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks good mate
Mark.W

16th Mar 11 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks spot on mate good work

Do those janspeed de-cats make any difference in performance?

[Edited on 16-03-2011 by Mark.W]
Nova_mike

16th Mar 11 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bettley
looks good mate

quote:
Originally posted by Mark.W
Looks spot on mate good work

Do those janspeed de-cats make any difference in performance?

[Edited on 16-03-2011 by Mark.W]

Cheers for the good comments lads.

In measured term's yes there would be a performance differance as it would be more free flowing than a standard cat, in noticable terms i dought you would even notice, i went for it as it was a good price, was stainless so should last better, an with the silencer should keep it quite still and will improve the performance as said.

Im looking for a 3.5" outwardly rolled rear box for it has to be S/S tho only ones ive seen i like are the powerflow ones they look really well made, only problem is i phoned them and i have to take the car there for them to make it but i live in guernsey in the channel islands! so would be a long trip and expensive for that anyone know a way around it or a second hand one for sale?

mike
Nova_mike

19th Mar 11 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will be working on the corsa tomorrow morning and sort out the wiring, was down the workshop today for a short while and had a quick look at it to see where i was at, and can not for the life of me remember where some of the plug's went doh it was about 7 months ago i stripped it down but was held up working on it due to moving shed's, now im settled and on it again it has escaped my memory lol. i have removed the secondary air pump, and egr so that would explain a couple but there are still more hmm anyone help me out and confirm what i have taken them off? cant belive i did not lable them!

[Edited on 20-03-2011 by Nova_mike]
Nova_mike

20th Mar 11 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok i tried to get some progress made on the corsa today but got fed up with working in mess, so spent a lot of the morning clearing up an tidying away things, however i did manage to get a bit of time on it so i lay the wiring out where it was supose to run, and it came flooding back to me where most of it went, there were just a couple of plug's i was unsure of in the end:

1 im thinking secondary air pump
2 maybe an earth again will have another look tomorrow more in depth
3 could not remember but will look again tomorrow night

This red one i cant seem to remember either lol

Also would be good if someone could confirm that these two white plug's were from the egr setup?

Basicly i am just doing a moc up at the moment as i have to strip back the loom, trim the wires back and re terminate the plug's before re wrapping all the loom so it look's all nice and tidy, have bought load's of spiral wrap and clip's/ties to tidy it up, want it to look as factory as possible.

Once the loom is all the right length and all the plug's are where they should be i will strip down the intake again and will be powdercoating the inlet and cam cover then wrap the loom then refit it all.

Just about to order a roose motorsport breather pipe and coolant hose kit, already got some nice S/S clamps to hold them on with, also some nice new brass fitting's for the vac pipes, should have a new oxygen sensor arriving any day now as i dumped mine by mistake.

overall no major update just a lot of farting around then a bit of umming and arring any head's up on those wires tho would be great!

8vcorsa

21st Mar 11 at 05:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that it gorjous mate
Nova_mike

22nd Mar 11 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 8vcorsa
that it gorjous mate

Cheer's 8vcorsa

Was up the shop lastnight to have a quick look if there was anything i needed for the wiring tonight as i am going up to get it all done. I have narrowed the unknown plug's down to 3 although i am 75% sure what they are, number 1 (I think went to the secondary air pump that i ditched) and 2 in the pic's above (I think maybe an earth i will check this tonight tho to be sure) the other one was the 10 pin white plug in the pic's above i think that went to the egr unit but i can not remember, either way if i can't find where it goes tonight its coming out.

sorted out a brake servo pipe setup and got some nice new brass barbed tails for the vac pipes.

so will update tomorrow with pic's of progress if i get time, aim is to have the loom all finished tho tonight and run it before i strip it down to blast and powdercoat the cam cover and inlet manifold, also ordered some stainless cam cover bolts too. should see it finished in the next two weeks and then on to bodywork great i hate that job.

[Edited on 22-03-2011 by Nova_mike]
sharpy28

22nd Mar 11 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you carry on like this, this is going to be one clean sport! Keep it up! Hope to see it at PVS

[Edited on 22-03-2011 by sharpy28]
Nova_mike

23rd Mar 11 at 00:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sharpy28
If you carry on like this, this is going to be one clean sport! Keep it up! Hope to see it at PVS

[Edited on 22-03-2011 by sharpy28]

Cheers sharpy i only intended to repair the alternator bearings lol i dunno how i got this in depth. the more i work on it the more i find myself replacing and cleaning bits, i was looking at it tonight and actually thought about taking the motor out to soda blast the block, paint it and powdercoat all the brackets, then i actually realised i wanted it to make pvs so decided to carry on with wiring.

Made small progress tonight but does not look much was mainly thinking and stuff you cant see job's that take all the time but make the differance at the end.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Clean corsa sport redressed as a Gsi 24 database queries in 0.1913500 seconds