corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Bf4 beta

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bf4 beta
cunningham

User status: Offline
2nd Oct 13 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone played it yet? Downloaded it last night not had a chance to play it yet
DannyB
Premium Member

2nd Oct 13 at 16:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep, it's OK. Obviously an old build, lots of bugs and missing textures but the gameplay is good. The map you can play gets a bit boring if you don't mix it up.
Wrighty

2nd Oct 13 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you will be bored after about an hour, was nice to play something different looking/sounding though. the controls suck balls
DannyB
Premium Member

2nd Oct 13 at 17:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What do you play it on Wrighty? it's no different on PC once you've set your keys up
Wrighty

3rd Oct 13 at 07:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im on ps3 mate not bought a pc yet, should be on pc by end of december
cunningham

3rd Oct 13 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh no hope its fine for release its one of my ps4 launch titles.
chris_uk
Premium Member

3rd Oct 13 at 09:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Played a little on it last night..

It looks just like bf3 with some different maps.. Microstutters galore but im sure thats a beta issue..

The guns looked slightly more detailed and crisper (bear in mind my graphics are maxed with over 100fps)
DannyB
Premium Member

3rd Oct 13 at 10:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cunningham

It will, this build doesn't look that much different from from the alpha footage 4 months ago. There's loads of issues with this beta, not really sure why they didn't just call it a demo as I doubt any feedback they receive from it will be taken on board, it's far too close to the release to rectify a shit ton of problems. Chances are the full game is done and fine, they wouldn't release shit. It's fun though, it feels like a step up from BF3 although not that much is different gameplay wise.

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk

Microstutters galore but im sure thats a beta issue..

The guns looked slightly more detailed and crisper (bear in mind my graphics are maxed with over 100fps)

That's the worse part of it, the lag spikes you get and always at the wrong time what spec is your PC now Chris? I'm running everything on ultra but unsure of FPS, not even sure if ultra settings are what they say they are, in the BF3 beta it was just low or high, ultra wasn't any different from high.
Wrighty

3rd Oct 13 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got knifed and it was like a stop motion scene, yeah its beta but i hope they dont fcuk up the entire game like they did bf3. buffing and nerfing the shit outta everything to suit the skill-less ones who bitch and whine.

thats why i loved warfighter and have stuck with it for the last few months, no BS, no rented servers, just gunskill and teamwork
Brett
Premium Member

3rd Oct 13 at 11:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can anyone download this?
chris_uk
Premium Member

3rd Oct 13 at 11:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basics are

3.8ghz i7920
Gtx 680 direct top II
6gb 1600mhz
DannyB
Premium Member

3rd Oct 13 at 12:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ChrisR1984?
Balling
Premium Member

3rd Oct 13 at 12:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cunningham
I'd reconsider that, seeing as it'll likely be one of the least impressive launch titles on PS4 in terms of visuals and performance.

chris_uk
Premium Member

3rd Oct 13 at 13:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
ChrisR1984?

Something like that yea.
BarnshaW

7th Oct 13 at 05:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been hammering the beta since saturday now, i am very impressed, i cannot wait for this game now.

[Edited on 07-10-2013 by BarnshaW]
Brett
Premium Member

7th Oct 13 at 09:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I enjoyed it too. Bought GTA and ended up playing this more.
BarnshaW

7th Oct 13 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its absolute mayhem at the top of that tower, helicopters are too powerful though, even with 2 of us with stingers it was too hard to take them down, one helicopter was cleaning us all out lol.
Brett
Premium Member

7th Oct 13 at 09:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where are the helicopters? I can spawn in them once people have them, but they don't seem to pop up on the map to spawn straight into like the tanks etc.
Brett
Premium Member

7th Oct 13 at 09:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, and yeah, I always head straight for B, love the tower
BarnshaW

7th Oct 13 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they do light up at start, you have to select with the analog or dpad i think, have to be quick as usual though, controls are different on them though, i cant get them the same as on BF3 (use R1 for throttle etc), have taken 4 teammates into a building in a flaming inferno many times already due to me not being able to fly one
Brett
Premium Member

7th Oct 13 at 10:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, I've managed to select land vehicle like that, but sat and waited for helicopters and never seen one popup, can only asume people are beating me to it, I must perservere.
Kyle T
Premium Member

7th Oct 13 at 11:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Popped onto the x360 beta yesterday, seems alright but too much of an early build for me to make my mind up!

Might buy this one for a console, my PC was borderline on BF3 performance and my surround sound etc is all better for the TV...

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
andy1868

10th Oct 13 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

finally managed to pilot a helicopter yesterday, what the fuck is going on with the controls? the buttons changing for other things is annoying but it doesn't make you crash

i keep getting a weird spawn error too, when i spawn i don't get a weapon and i can only move with the left stick, can't turn or anything until i change my weapons and it all comes back again!

i like it though, i like the new weapon sounds too, the machine gun on the jeeps is pretty cool

cannot wait for it to be released, but i'm out of the country when it's released got afew days off work when i get back though
Wrighty

10th Oct 13 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
helicopters are too powerful though, even with 2 of us with stingers it was too hard to take them down, one helicopter was cleaning us all out lol.

rpg m8, 1 shot kill.

you can even laser paint the chopper and rpg's lock on now, wtf is all that about

Brett
Premium Member

10th Oct 13 at 10:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still playing this more than GTA Looking forward to release, is it end of October? Do I get anything special by pre-ordering or is there no point?

New Poll