corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » The new Xbox 360 250gb

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The new Xbox 360 250gb
Adam_B

User status: Offline
20th Jul 10 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone else got one? I did the trade in deal at Game and got £120 for my old out of warranty elite and wireless adapter.

Had it for a few days now and the quietness is well good Microsoft say it wont die of red ring piece but then they said that about the elites, I guess we shall see.
Nath

20th Jul 10 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quieter FTW. I'm waiting for my mate to get one, then I'll have a look and decide if I will too.
dannymccann

20th Jul 10 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im waiting a) for christmas b) mine to blow up before I get, whichever scenario comes first
Adam_B

20th Jul 10 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its fairly loud when the disc is spinning but install the game and its loads quieter
Firestate88

20th Jul 10 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've got one, love it its so quiet, and internal wifi ftw, no more internet wires
dava.

20th Jul 10 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup got one on friday, like the looks of it, and how quiet it is, cant say iv noticed it louder when disc's are loading though need to listen out for that
mike56gte

21st Jul 10 at 01:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have an original xbox 360 it broke so i sent it back they fixed it you would think they had fitted it with a fan from a citreon saxo by the noise this thing makes! can barely here the bloody tele
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

21st Jul 10 at 07:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so whats different?

bigger hdd
wifi
no rrod
quieter

is there anything else
Robo C20Let

21st Jul 10 at 07:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what is the point, they should have made a whole new system with blue ray and everything else not just a quieter wireless 360 how pointless
Nath

21st Jul 10 at 07:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Deffo missing a trick with Blu-Ray. Especially as it outputs in 1080p.
Brett
Premium Member

21st Jul 10 at 08:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It now has a red dot of death as opposed to a ring, so I suppose "no rrod" is kinda true yeah, but to say it will never break is silly.

I also don't think the lack of blueray is a big deal. Still haven't bought into that and not going to any time soon. There'll be something better before long. It wasn't really the step up like it was from VHS to DVD.
Nath

21st Jul 10 at 08:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Blu-Ray sales are massive. There's no doubt MS are missing a trick. Most Xbox owners are in denial though I suppose.
Adam_B

21st Jul 10 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
It now has a red dot of death as opposed to a ring, so I suppose "no rrod" is kinda true yeah, but to say it will never break is silly.

I read the red dot thing is not the same as RROD. If the console is getting too hot it shuts down and shows a red dot till its cooled? RROD was a proper un-fixable, end of the world hardware failure.

Agree blueray would be nice but not having it doesnt make the console pointless imo, I dont really watch films though. The 360 has been around a fair bit of time now so there is a lot of full hard drives out there, I know mine was. Also the noise thing really was an issue

[Edited on 21-07-2010 by Adam_B]
ssj_kakarot

21st Jul 10 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Blu-Ray sales are massive. There's no doubt MS are missing a trick. Most Xbox owners are in denial though I suppose.

sorry what exactly would adding blu-ray achieve ? other than bumping the price up quite a bit.

i agree blu-ray is here to stay but most people who own an xbox do it because they like the games, people who wanted a blu-ray player got a ps3 and had a games console as a second thought.

its got to the point in the consoles life that the people who where interested in blu-ray either got a ps3 or a dedicated player before now, adding blu-ray at the end of the consoles life line would be a bit stupid.

really dont see how it would make the console any better at all, theres a reason it has a much better game attachment rate than both the wii and ps3, blu-ray doesnt come into the fact its a superb games console.

and no im not hating i have a ps3 also, but only because i wanted a blu-ray player and way to play psone and ps2 games in one console.
nathy_87

21st Jul 10 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robo C20Let
what is the point, they should have made a whole new system with blue ray and everything else not just a quieter wireless 360 how pointless

So it can be just like the PS3, oh how fun.
Steve
Premium Member

21st Jul 10 at 10:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you want blu ray buy a player

isnt this new console meant to be Natal/Kinect compatible?

[Edited on 21-07-2010 by Steve]
Adam_B

21st Jul 10 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it is but Kinect will work with the old one too.
ssj_kakarot

21st Jul 10 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
If you want blu ray buy a player

isnt this new console meant to be Natal/Kinect compatible?

[Edited on 21-07-2010 by Steve]

yeah it supports plug and play with kinect

although it will work with all the older consoles but requires an extra power adapter to be plugged in, no biggie really.

not sure id pay £130 for kinect to begin with though :/
Steve
Premium Member

21st Jul 10 at 10:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh right so even with the new console you still need to spend 130 quid for kinect?
ssj_kakarot

21st Jul 10 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
oh right so even with the new console you still need to spend 130 quid for kinect?

yup you still need to pay for the actual peripheral device which is £130 quid, the only advantage with the new one is theres a separate power supply in the back to connect it straight up to, the older ones you need to pay for the device then for an extra power cable which wouldnt be much i would have thought.
Nath

21st Jul 10 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ssj_kakarot
quote:
Originally posted by Nath

sorry what exactly would adding blu-ray achieve ? other than bumping the price up quite a bit.

i agree blu-ray is here to stay but most people who own an xbox do it because they like the games, people who wanted a blu-ray player got a ps3 and had a games console as a second thought.

its got to the point in the consoles life that the people who where interested in blu-ray either got a ps3 or a dedicated player before now, adding blu-ray at the end of the consoles life line would be a bit stupid.

really dont see how it would make the console any better at all, theres a reason it has a much better game attachment rate than both the wii and ps3, blu-ray doesnt come into the fact its a superb games console.

and no im not hating i have a ps3 also, but only because i wanted a blu-ray player and way to play psone and ps2 games in one console.

Brett
Premium Member

21st Jul 10 at 10:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
I read the red dot thing is not the same as RROD. If the console is getting too hot it shuts down and shows a red dot till its cooled? RROD was a proper un-fixable, end of the world hardware failure.

The "old" 360 has the exact same thing. Gets too hot, 2 red lights and shutdown til it's cooled.

TBH it's no wonder they break. Some people live in some scruffy unhoovered houses I swear...

SetH

21st Jul 10 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im my current 360 red ring piece's of death is that a hassle free way to transfer my HD contents to a new xbox?
Brett
Premium Member

21st Jul 10 at 11:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
Im my current 360 red ring piece's of death is that a hassle free way to transfer my HD contents to a new xbox?

Doesn't make sense at all

HDD Migration cables are only cheap if one isn't supplied if that's what you mean.
John

21st Jul 10 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve remember whenyou said games would never need media bigger than a DVD and an 8GB hard drive was more than enough?

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll