corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » The 'Joke' of Max Power!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The 'Joke' of Max Power!
Paul_J

User status: Offline
4th Jul 03 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One of the most horrible things I've seen in a while was this!

its a corsa, but its all filler and nastyness... If you see it in person you'll understand, just feel the texture... the rear lights are nasty and that exhaust is silly. I doubt it's actually drive able on normal roads looking at some parts of the bodywork!

Good on them for being original, but it just looked and felt horrible... maybe if it was sprayed and smoothed it might of been a bit nicer, but it just didn't seem right!

another crap corsa was found outside ... apart from the car being rubbish, unmodded and looking like it shouldn't be there it had ... FAKE REAR DISC BRAKES!!!!! oh dear oh dear.

Paul J
sxi boy

4th Jul 03 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i hate this car
jr

4th Jul 03 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and u just know it will be on the cover of max power
Paul_J

4th Jul 03 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm also not really a fan of Chrome Wheels... just something about them just looks a bit tacky (normal alloys covered in tin foil) ... might change oppinion on this later, the wheels with bits that span on the outside are a bit gay.

Everyone kept walking up the wheels and spinning them... but in real life its like 'whats the point?'
Paul_J

4th Jul 03 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This car in real life was like 'wow!' the paint job was just amazing when you see it in person... it was a lord of the rings paint job and it was just done so well and looked so smooth ... picture does it no justice!

Paul J
BeArDy

4th Jul 03 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

look this car is not finished, its still work in progress, its a company show car and has to be as MAD AS CHIPS, the amount of work that has gone into this car is madness, i would h8 to think how many man hours have gone into it. the car feels like is dose as its still sat in primer and still needs painting.
i think your just looking at the car as for taste, not as workman ship which is really what the car is for, to show what UV can do......
BeArDy

4th Jul 03 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
I'm also not really a fan of Chrome Wheels... just something about them just looks a bit tacky (normal alloys covered in tin foil) ... might change oppinion on this later, the wheels with bits that span on the outside are a bit gay.

Everyone kept walking up the wheels and spinning them... but in real life its like 'whats the point?'

well whats the point in doing anything?
why u take your car up the strip when u could of looking online for standard corsa 1/4 times whats the point???

its about being differant and standing out, most of teh cars on spinners/chrome wheels are show cars, and are not drivin.
Chris P

4th Jul 03 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
This car in real life was like 'wow!' the paint job was just amazing when you see it in person... it was a lord of the rings paint job and it was just done so well and looked so smooth ... picture does it no justice!

Paul J

Agreed Paul, the picture does it no justice at all, I asked the owner how much the spray job cost and he told be it was just over £8000!!!

I was like Nooo
jr

4th Jul 03 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have to aggre with beardy that if u look at the time and money gone into it u have to apprciate it, IMO its gash though
sxi boy

4th Jul 03 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BeArDy
look this car is not finished, its still work in progress, its a company show car and has to be as MAD AS CHIPS, the amount of work that has gone into this car is madness, i would h8 to think how many man hours have gone into it. the car feels like is dose as its still sat in primer and still needs painting.
i think your just looking at the car as for taste, not as workman ship which is really what the car is for, to show what UV can do......

just spoke 2 me m8 who was at max today and he said that the filler was all cracked.

personally im not criticising the workmanship of the car as i have not seen it in the flesh, but its beyond me what some people think looks good!! if i saw someone driving down the street in that i wudnt think they had balls or guts, id think they were stupid attention seekers!!

i wasnt too impressed with the quality of the work of the blue UV corsa at donny this yr tho
BeArDy

4th Jul 03 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if u did bodywork and dident pay people to do it you would see the amount of work that has gone into some of the cars and so sit there and say its crap i think is madness.

at the end of the day this corsa it fuking ace the workmanship is outstanding, it really shows off what bodyshops car do, which is the aim of the car (before people say about the finish its still in primer as in not been painted)
antonOO2

4th Jul 03 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Chris P
quote:

Paul J

Agreed Paul, the picture does it no justice at all, I asked the owner how much the spray job cost and he told be it was just over £8000!!!

I was like Nooo

imagine if some bastard keyed that
antonOO2

4th Jul 03 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you noticed you can swear and it dont change to spang

twat
fuck-changes to fcuk though

[Edited on 04-07-2003 by antonOO2]

[Edited on 04-07-2003 by antonOO2]
sxi boy

4th Jul 03 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh ive heard a few ppl moaning about the finish, and just thought, well its not painted at all.

MatG

4th Jul 03 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what makes me laugh is that people knock a car that is not even finished.....especially the people that have not even seen it for themselves........when you see this car in front of you...its impressive!!
sxi boy

4th Jul 03 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MatG
what makes me laugh is that people knock a car that is not even finished.....especially the people that have not even seen it for themselves........when you see this car in front of you...its impressive!!

yeh its not finished, but no paintjob is guna make that look good for me, i mean, just look at the rear lights.
BeArDy

4th Jul 03 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sxi boy

quote:
Originally posted by BeArDy

just spoke 2 me m8 who was at max today and he said that the filler was all cracked.

personally im not criticising the workmanship of the car as i have not seen it in the flesh, but its beyond me what some people think looks good!! if i saw someone driving down the street in that i wudnt think they had balls or guts, id think they were stupid attention seekers!!

i wasnt too impressed with the quality of the work of the blue UV corsa at donny this yr tho

this car wouldent drive down your street thats the point its a show car ffs so show what UV can do if u have the money, as for the cracks its not finsihed, they have prob cased it in primer to see all the mistakes, do really think this is how it is going to be then done come on..........

i think your all slaggin and commenting on a car which isent finished or even near that, look at the amount of work that has going into it and time?
i think its urgy but its fuking ace work.
MatG

4th Jul 03 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you dont have to like it just dont slag the work of if it aint finished is my point.
Trotty

4th Jul 03 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly - show cars are exactly that - cars to show what can be done, pushing things to limits, doing stuff that hasn't been done before, etc.

Besides, show cars are also about publicity - and look how much this is being talked about already after 1 day at a show...
BeArDy

4th Jul 03 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sxi boy
quote:
Originally posted by MatG

yeh its not finished, but no paintjob is guna make that look good for me, i mean, just look at the rear lights.

its not meant to look good really, or to be to anyones taste its to show a bodyshop skill and workmanship, and i think its doing a really good job of it
10/10, as really this is the attention they are after, everone talking about there car...........
MatG

4th Jul 03 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Trotty
Exactly - show cars are exactly that - cars to show what can be done, pushing things to limits, doing stuff that hasn't been done before, etc.

Besides, show cars are also about publicity - and look how much this is being talked about already after 1 day at a show...

indeed
Drew
Banned

4th Jul 03 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not finish jobs - - i know all about that
sxi boy

4th Jul 03 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FFS uve completely taken what ive said wrongly.

i am not impressed with the styling of this car - i am entitled ot an opinion yes???

not got any comments ot make on the standard of work on this particular car as i have not seen it - as previously stated
Dan_Corsa

4th Jul 03 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree with beardy by looking at that car it almost says ultimate velocity can take on anything you throw at them no matter how crazy or impossible it may seem
Paul_J

4th Jul 03 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Firstly MatG I saw it in the flesh! Secondly I wasn't slagging off the work - I was slagging off the car!!!

Just because something has had a lot of time and money spent on it - it doesn't mean I should like it!

It looked horrible and I'd imagine it still will when its done. Thats my taste! beardy at no point did I say they had done a crap job! the idea and originality is amazing! I had no idea it was even a corsa till someone pointed it out to me!

Similarily how was I supposed to know this car wasn't finished... I had my guesses, but the car was so wacky, I thought this might of been how it was suppose to be... Considering it was up on a raised platform for all to see I thought they were saying 'Look at this!!'

Sorry about being a bit harsh about the filler / texture etc... I now understand why.

It still doesn't change the fact I hate the car. (just looked wrong imo)

Also I understand show cars are for pushing the boundrys, but I think it should still be to the limit of being drivable!

And finally about the chrome alloy spinner thingys - this is just my opinion, I just don't like them? can I not have an opinion Beardy?

Paul J

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » The 'Joke' of Max Power! 22 database queries in 0.1901221 seconds