corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Machine Polishers

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Machine Polishers
tom130691
Premium Member

User status: Offline
10th Apr 20 at 06:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

About time I got one,

was eying up the halfords one, seems to be the same bit of kit as the DAS-6 which was fairly highly reviwed for an entry level cheapo daul action,

theres a DAS-6 Pro & Pro plus now that are better but the latter is about double the cost so wanted to see what people here use.
gavin18787
Premium Member

10th Apr 20 at 13:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DAS6 PRO here. About 4 years old now and has been spot on.

Halfords one is good for the money and will get you going. The extra power of the bigger machine is nicer though as no risk of the pad stalling etc.

Can get the das pro as part of a package from clean your car and it works out fairly cost effective

As you will need to budget for all the bits you need to go with the halfords one

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Jambo

10th Apr 20 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a Poorboys branded DAS6-pro but the old style not the newer lighter one, works well for me
gavin18787
Premium Member

16th Apr 20 at 19:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got my DAS-6-PRO out of retirement at the weekend.

Lockdown and nice weather meant a day of car cleaning seemed like a sensible idea.

> under arches and suspension etc all cleaned out using bilt hamber surfex HD

RR customs Citrus pre-wash and shampoo wash

Bilt hamber Korrosol fall out remover

Meguires 205 on an orange pad to cut back the swirls

Sonax perfect finish on white pad to bring out the gloss

IPA wipe down and finsihed with a coat of Soft 99 dark fusso coat
Still a bit orange peely in places but they are notorious for poor paint and I dont have the guts to try wet sanding an otherwise decent car

All dressed up and no where to take it

[img]https://ibb.co/F0bZRYV]

[img]https://ibb.co/bg4CN30]

[img]https://ibb.co/ypQqQpQ]

[Edited on 16-04-2020 by gavin18787]

Jambo

17th Apr 20 at 07:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks great Gav
3CorsaMeal

17th Apr 20 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I paid a man £900 to wash my fiesta. I just can't be bothered these days
SetH

17th Apr 20 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
I paid a man £900 to wash my fiesta. I just can't be bothered these days

Jesus wept! when I had the M4 paint corrected (yes it needed some even though it was a new car!) and ceramic coated inside and out that was a little over £400.

Did he use imported lady boy spunk to condition your leather or what?
3CorsaMeal

17th Apr 20 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3 days work. Courtesy car. Ceramic coated. 3x dings removed. Was expensive but was local and will probably use him to do some stuff on corrado eventually.

£400 is too cheap imo. Probably just super resin polished it and tricked you.
SetH

17th Apr 20 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
3 days work. Courtesy car. Ceramic coated. 3x dings removed. Was expensive but was local and will probably use him to do some stuff on corrado eventually.

£400 is too cheap imo. Probably just super resin polished it and tricked you.

yeah he used that autoglym super resin polish from the 90's.
Jake

18th Apr 20 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nearly a grand to wash your motor. You must be single to be brave enough to lay down that much paper
SetH

19th Apr 20 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jake
Nearly a grand to wash your motor. You must be single to be brave enough to lay down that much paper

3CM is a weed dealer these days

most owners of 90's VW sports cars are tbh
Kyle T
Premium Member

27th Apr 20 at 12:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a DAS6 Pro too, I've had to trim the cable about 4 times now as it keeps breaking internally - so the lead for it is far too short now for decent use... but an easy fix for whenever I can be arsed.

The details I've paid for in the past have all been in the £250-£350 range and have all far exceeded what I can do myself. When I gear up to do it myself it usually costs be £50-60 a pop in consumables too, plus all the time... for an inferior job. I did mine a few weeks ago but might just stick to paying proper people now in future...

Decent enough job, but still some swirls there which I know an expert can sort.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
SetH

27th Apr 20 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks pretty good to me Kyle

I know what you mean to leaving it to people that have thousands of hours experience and do this day in and day out. I am not sure I would like to try and teach myself paint correction on my S4, I've heard Audi paint from this era is notoriously hard too.

Think I will carry on with hand treatments for now, or get it corrected then just keep on top of it. Could get random panels from scrappy and practice though
Jake

28th Apr 20 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
Looks pretty good to me Kyle

I know what you mean to leaving it to people that have thousands of hours experience and do this day in and day out. I am not sure I would like to try and teach myself paint correction on my S4, I've heard Audi paint from this era is notoriously hard too.

Think I will carry on with hand treatments for now, or get it corrected then just keep on top of it. Could get random panels from scrappy and practice though

Only takes one small issue with a wash for it to start swirling up again anyway. Poor boys black hole and a decent wax is more than enough if you're not ocd about it and I mean actual ocd, not modern day ocd used by Karen on Facebook who also happens to have a live, laugh, love decal on her living room wall
SetH

28th Apr 20 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to use black hole extensively in the past, worked a treat on my lemans blu on my old E46. I think the light colour equivalent is white diamond? Not sure if you can use it on top off / inbetween coats of wax? I don't fancy stripping back the 4 layers of carnuba I have built up during lockdown

PMSL @ Karen on FB
Jake

28th Apr 20 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wax will be doing a similar job anyway mate. You go on detailing addicts on Facebook and some of them* are mental

*all of them
SetH

28th Apr 20 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Wax will be doing a similar job anyway mate. You go on detailing addicts on Facebook and some of them* are mental

*all of them

Yeah I am using some dodo juice light fantastic (white car) and its adding some gloss and depth but obviously the swirls are visible in sunlight. I know the white diamond will 'mask' these to an extent, well that was certainly the case with the black hole. Thinking about it I am not sure if the white diamond will do its job if added on top of wax.

actually it wont : Poorboy’s World White Diamond Show Glaze for Light Vehicles hides light imperfections and improves gloss to give your vehicle a show car shine! Apply Poorboy’s World White Diamond Show Glaze any time to conceal minor blemishes between details. All white, silver, and light colors will shine like diamonds!

Poorboy’s World White Diamond Show Glaze for Light Vehicles contains gentle cleaners to lift dirt and oil out of fine swirls. By cleaning the swirls, they appear less noticeable. Fillers then conceal the swirls to create the illusion of perfectly smooth paint. Once a wax or sealant is applied, your vehicle will look flawless!

Certainly needs to go on prior to wax. I did a decontamination/cleanse process before I waxed, used fall out remover, tardis, Clay and pre-wax cleanser. I've had paint correction on the last 3 cars, ceramic coating on the last 2 and it was easy to keep on top of it with gentle cleaning. I was even using in line filters (hard water in norfolk) for rinsing then I was able to literally let it dry on its own (even in sunlight), therefore it was minimal touch washing and after months it does not look like I added any swirls to it.

Kinda using the detailing approach that I did 10 years ago right now but at least its keeping me busy during lockdown
gavin18787
Premium Member

28th Apr 20 at 12:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

*all of them

Been on that page a while. Some people on there are hilarious

gavin18787
Premium Member

28th Apr 20 at 12:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
I've got a DAS6 Pro too, I've had to trim the cable about 4 times now as it keeps breaking internally - so the lead for it is far too short now for decent use... but an easy fix for whenever I can be arsed.

Easy job as you say. We had an old lawn mower that was going in the skip. Kept the cable and now mine has a cable that is over 10m

[Edited on 28-04-2020 by gavin18787]

Jake

28th Apr 20 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787
quote:

*all of them

Been on that page a while. Some people on there are hilarious [/QUOTE]
They take themselves far too seriously, Id get it if it was a business/trade only page but it's not is it. Had a few comments deleted and been muted for a day.
Jake

28th Apr 20 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
quote:

*all of them

Yeah I am using some dodo juice light fantastic (white car) and its adding some gloss and depth but obviously the swirls are visible in sunlight. I know the white diamond will 'mask' these to an extent, well that was certainly the case with the black hole. Thinking about it I am not sure if the white diamond will do its job if added on top of wax.

actually it wont : Poorboy’s World White Diamond Show Glaze for Light Vehicles hides light imperfections and improves gloss to give your vehicle a show car shine! Apply Poorboy’s World White Diamond Show Glaze any time to conceal minor blemishes between details. All white, silver, and light colors will shine like diamonds!

Poorboy’s World White Diamond Show Glaze for Light Vehicles contains gentle cleaners to lift dirt and oil out of fine swirls. By cleaning the swirls, they appear less noticeable. Fillers then conceal the swirls to create the illusion of perfectly smooth paint. Once a wax or sealant is applied, your vehicle will look flawless!

Certainly needs to go on prior to wax. I did a decontamination/cleanse process before I waxed, used fall out remover, tardis, Clay and pre-wax cleanser. I've had paint correction on the last 3 cars, ceramic coating on the last 2 and it was easy to keep on top of it with gentle cleaning. I was even using in line filters (hard water in norfolk) for rinsing then I was able to literally let it dry on its own (even in sunlight), therefore it was minimal touch washing and after months it does not look like I added any swirls to it.

Kinda using the detailing approach that I did 10 years ago right now but at least its keeping me busy during lockdown [/QUOTE]
Yeh mate any fillers should go down first then a wax to seal it in for a while. So much has changed in car cleaning now compared to even 10 years ago. I do find so much of it bullshit, I watch videos of these detailers on YouTube and they talk a good game but sometimes it's just a middle class valet and marketing has turned it into something it's not
gavin18787
Premium Member

29th Apr 20 at 20:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787
quote:

*all of them

Been on that page a while. Some people on there are hilarious [/QUOTE]
They take themselves far too seriously, Id get it if it was a business/trade only page but it's not is it. Had a few comments deleted and been muted for a day.

Yer everyone knows someone or is starting their own business

It's a bit of a never ending circle of the same questions and people getting freaked out by things that really don't matter for people with daily drivers ie 95% of the people on there.

Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

17th Jun 20 at 07:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had a Rupes bigfoot for years.
Good bit of kit
DaveyLC

17th Jun 20 at 07:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The actual polisher is pretty irrelevant - any variable speed DA will do the job..

Its the quality of the head and polish/compound you use that is most important.

I've got a crappy DA I bought from my local paint supplier about 17 years ago - I use Farecla G-Mop system on it and it gets pretty good results:

[Edited on 17-06-2020 by DaveyLC]
Ian
Site Administrator

17th Jun 20 at 09:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry for the noob question but what is DA

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Machine Polishers 23 database queries in 0.1945021 seconds