corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Snap on tools

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Snap on tools
Dee25790

User status: Offline
18th Apr 15 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a ratcheting snap on spanner that I inherited from my father.

The ratchet mechanism is pretty much fucked now.

I don't know if this is covered in the lifetime guarantee but i have no receipts for it and want to get it repaired anyway anyone know a snap on rep in or near Liverpool?
Neo

18th Apr 15 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

https://www1.snapon.com/diagnostics/UK/CustomerCare.htm

Call, say lost receipt, find out response.
Dee25790

18th Apr 15 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers will give it a try
monkeytwizzel

18th Apr 15 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As far as i know any snap on tools carries a lifetime guarantee, how you required it or age should make no difference.
Dee25790

18th Apr 15 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought this was the case but I was unsure
I'm going to try the number neo suggested on Monday and see if I have any joy
monkeytwizzel

18th Apr 15 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If a snap on sales man refuses to exchange then say you will contact snap yourself! bet his view will change.
walshy_corsab

18th Apr 15 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^ yep go for that they can't refuse it
davegreen
Premium Member

18th Apr 15 at 19:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your local rep will change or repair it free, you may need to set up an account with him but no need to buy anything or part with any cash.
or find a friend who deals with snap on and get them to sort it for you.
I know of people who buy broken snap on tools from ebay/car boot sales and get them repaired free.
Dee25790

18th Apr 15 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't mind setting an account up. I've got trade accounts everywhere for the freebies
--ToM--

18th Apr 15 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some reps get funny over it and only repair tools for customers of themselves I get arseholes turning up outside my garage on a Wednesday coz they know it's when the snap on man comes asking him to replace tools they've dug out of a skip, he refuses most the time and I don't blame him, he's got to make a living replacing tools for his customers yes, replacing tools for scruffy arseholes who think that he owes them a favour no.

I'm the other side of the tunnel if you get stuck I'll get it sorted for you mate
Dee25790

18th Apr 15 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can imagine that can get pretty annoying! If buy second hand tools but I wouldn't buy them broke on the off chance of getting them replaced. Cheers bud. It's only a 10mm but I've always loved it and now it's broke I whine like a little bitch every time I have to undo a 10mm
ShEp

18th Apr 15 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My dad bought a half inch ratchet nigh on 40 years ago from snap-on.

I got it fixed last year via the rep that visited the garage I worked at, there wasn't a problem.

It's no problem to the rep as any costs are reimbursed via snap-on
Dee25790

18th Apr 15 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great hopefully I will get this one sorted out then. All my other tools are teng or halfords pro so I've never dealt with snap on
walshy_corsab

18th Apr 15 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As shep says it doesn't cost the rep it's the main reason most get snap on tools for the life time guarantee so any snap on rep has to fix it
--ToM--

19th Apr 15 at 08:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If he has to replace a tool for some random guy who isn't s customer on his round thsts one tool less on his van he could sell to a customer untill he gets another one sent back out to him from snap on its unnecessary hassle for the snap on dealer, I think there well withing their rights to not honour it to someone who doesn't have an account and just runs up to his van while he's with one of his customers "ay mate swop this it's broke" fuck off
--ToM--

19th Apr 15 at 08:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by walshy_corsab
As shep says it doesn't cost the rep it's the main reason most get snap on tools for the life time guarantee so any snap on rep has to fix it

Doesn't have too, I asked our rep when he told some guy to fuck off who was telling him to swap a ratchet, there's a online thing you can do and send it away, also depends weather it's broken due to failure or miss use, won't replace it if it's been misused, also a lot of blue point stuff doesn't have warranty which upsets people as they seem to think it does,

I upset my dealer as I sold all my AF flank drive spanners and AF sockets on eBay recently and managed to get more for them used than I paid new lol
ShEp

19th Apr 15 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Won't replace for misuse

I got brake fluid on my 9mm 1/4 socket and it pissed me off as the chrome coating was flaking, he put it in a vice and hammered a punch through it to burst it.

If it's broken, it's broken, was his reply, sounds like your rep is a bellend tbh.
--ToM--

19th Apr 15 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not gonna deny that
davegreen
Premium Member

19th Apr 15 at 11:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also depends on the rep, some can be right funny with warranty, our local guy is really good. chrome flacking off is no problem even on older tools (20 year old sockets) even some blue point and euro tools replaced without any hassle.
I get tools replaced/repaired for friends when they need it no trouble.
like already said it doesn't cost them anything only time and its good pr for them.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

19th Apr 15 at 14:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Correct me if I'm wrong though. I'm sure snapon' warrantee is lifetime on all but moving parts.
--ToM--

19th Apr 15 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They don't warrenty punches and chisels or and air tools and impact guns are 12 months max I think
walshy_corsab

19th Apr 15 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I give all sorts of broken snap on tools from all my mates and people Ino to our rep and he never asks a question he even came into work while I had a scaff tube on the end of a rachet and just laffed and called me a ruff c..t
walshy_corsab

19th Apr 15 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any way I'm slowly moving to tengtools at the minute really can't fault them brilliant tools I've still got all my snap on ones as just the name mainly haha but teng havnt failed me yet and they have had some serious abuse
Dee25790

19th Apr 15 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlaFFy_91
Correct me if I'm wrong though. I'm sure snapon' warrantee is lifetime on all but moving parts.

I've always thought that. That's why I'm happy just repairing it
Dee25790

19th Apr 15 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I quite like teng tools they take a good beating

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Snap on tools 22 database queries in 0.1863899 seconds