corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bus just hit my GF corsa - now need parts, new or try and find 2nd hand right colour?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bus just hit my GF corsa - now need parts, new or try and find 2nd hand right colour?
JohnOvManchester

User status: Offline
25th Feb 06 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My GF was just going to the shop and a bus has nearly taken the car door off.

She was already parked but it was on double yellows outside a row of shops.
She got out of the door and was still holding it but had to run behind the car out of the way as the bus was too close and would have run her over.
The bus hit the car door ad now the door and front wing is fooked.

We are only 3rd party fire and theft :-(

Surely he shouldn't have been that close so we can just claim off them?
But he saying that there was double yellows so it's not him at fault, I still think that he still has to leave a certain distance...
isn't it at least 3 feet or something like that?

Just gonna have to pay for the damage myself and try and claim from bus company.

Now the next questions...
What should I buy:
1. new drivers door and front wing... I know the wing will be £25
anyone want to take a guess on the drivers door price?
or
2. wait and look for a silver door and silver wing?

Any suggestions on best places to look for either options will be appreciated.
This is the colou just in case anyone reading this knows what it's called or has the bits!!!

cheers

[Edited on 25-02-2006 by JohnOvManchester]
Limecat
Banned

25th Feb 06 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For £25 I assume you mean a pattern wing? Fit on some is crap!
Karen

25th Feb 06 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did the driver stop?
Sam
Premium Member

25th Feb 06 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pics of car now to assess damage?

As for the accident, it depends on a number of factors really, where cars were parked, what sort of road it was, etc. etc.
Liam

25th Feb 06 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go to a scrappy and you should be able to fine what your looking for there, and then jus take it to a bodyshop to get it sprayed
JohnOvManchester

25th Feb 06 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Karen
Did the driver stop?

yeah, he did... we did phone the police (as he was denying it was his fault) but he gave his details and left which he is allowed to do.
forgot to take pictures on my mobile in all the commotion at the time.
pics would shown he didn't leave a gap as he pulled up at the front of my GF's car.
Steve
Premium Member

25th Feb 06 at 19:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your car should not have been there, simple you havent got a leg to stand on

its like me parking my car on the opposite side of the road in teh middle of the road on the brow of a blind hill and saying you should have avoided me

double yellow lines are there for a reason, for things like keeping the road clear to allow things like busses etc to pass without problem

[Edited on 25-02-2006 by Corsa_Sam]
JohnOvManchester

25th Feb 06 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
Pics of car now to assess damage?

As for the accident, it depends on a number of factors really, where cars were parked, what sort of road it was, etc. etc.

got no pics yet... my mates smashed the side of the door to get it to shut/catch to stop the rain getting in as bad.

The doors basically dented and creased (imagine the impact hitiing the edge as you open, not the skin)

The front of the door creased and damaged the wing.

My mates knows about cars not me, he said there's a chance that cause of the angles there's a very slight chance it could have pushed the A pillar but it doesn't look like that, won't know until good bits are fitted.

Liam

25th Feb 06 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sam

its like me parking my car on the opposite side of the road in teh middle of the road on the brow of a blind hill and saying you should have avoided me

double yellow lines are there for a reason, for things like keeping the road clear to allow things like busses etc to pass without problem

This is a valid point she should not of parked on double yellows so you might not get anything.
Basscrazy

25th Feb 06 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not got a chance for a claim

there double yellow for that exact reason so no one parks on them it will not even be considered as there is no stopping permitted its not the fault of the bus driver just pay for dmage and class it as a lesson for where ur gf chooses to stop
JohnOvManchester

25th Feb 06 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

agree and disagree.
I mean what if we would have been getting a baby out of the car... double yellows mean no parking.

If you have to stop for some reason you have to stop...
picture you getting you disabled granny out of the car which you well within you rights to do, an open road outside her house.

And a double decker bus come along and does the un-thinkable and she might end up dead... no excuse for being that close.
Been on the phone to the police and they 100% agree.

The only thing that could happen is he could say the door was flung into his path and was unavoidable... which he couldn't get away with as my GF had to run round the back of the car and if she had time to do this he had time to see... he had plenty of time.
He just came too close simple as that.
Even in your test you have to leave a certan gap.
JohnOvManchester

25th Feb 06 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it's gonna take too long to claim so just going to pay myself reguardless of blame.

Steve
Premium Member

25th Feb 06 at 19:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

double yellow lines mean no parking regardless of wether you have a baby or are elderly
p4uls corsa

25th Feb 06 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

so what if she had a genuine reason for been parked there eg broken down?

he should never of hit her car does not make no difference if she was parked illegally or not, at the end of the day he hit a parked car

p4uls corsa

25th Feb 06 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JohnOvManchester
it's gonna take too long to claim so just going to pay myself reguardless of blame.

yeah make sure u send the bus depot the bill tho
Steve
Premium Member

25th Feb 06 at 19:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rubbish, if there was a genuine unavoidable reason say breaking down firstly it would be questiond as to why the car wasnt pushed to a sensible place, or if it really was impossible might come down to a 50 50 knock.

there was no valid reason why the car should have been there, the car SHOULD NOT have been there

il just go and park my car across the road then shall i and wait for sumone to hit it then accuse them of hitting a parked car

Darren

25th Feb 06 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont mean sh!t regarding the double yellows. The car door was there to be seen.
Steve
Premium Member

25th Feb 06 at 20:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

omg the IQ of these people is astonishing. Lets just wait and see the outcome shall we
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
25th Feb 06 at 20:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The bus is at fault for hitting a parked car. There's no dispute there, you can't drive in to stuff.

Having said that, she's clearly chosen a completely inconsiderate and unwise place to park and the guy doing a job, who has to put up with lazy people on a daily basis has more stress and hassle now because of this.

I've a feeling that if you go through insurance you might just win, but I'm not entirely sure on that and even so as the bus company I would be pressing for a prosecution for the bad choice of parking space.

Could be a parking ticket in the very least, or possibly a CD20 (reasonable consideration for other road users) or perhaps a section 22 Road Traffic Act (leaving a vehicle in a dangerous position), both of which carry points and a discretionary fine.

I assume the bus isn't damaged?
PaulW

25th Feb 06 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

double yellows is NO PARKING and NO WAITING at ANY time...

so your not even allowed to load/unload, or anything else UNLESS you stop for emergency/extreme condition (break down, accident, your dying)

Single yellow you can only stop for a max of 30 mins abouts ASLONG as your loading, or park if your a disabled badge holder

End of the day, she shouldnt of been there, regardless of the conditions, but yes the busdriver is at fault for driving TOO close to parked cars, regardless of the fact that she was parked on double yellows...

HOWEVER because she WAS parked on doubles, she therefor does not stand any chance for compensation in regards to the law... unless you go to one of those no-win-no-fee claim shitters who fuck us all over by hiking our insurance up over stupid claims which just tend to mean the claiment needs shooting or putting down...
CorsAsh

25th Feb 06 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can park for 3 hours on double yellows with a Disabled Badge, though I doubt it applies here.
JohnOvManchester

25th Feb 06 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
rubbish, if there was a genuine unavoidable reason say breaking down firstly it would be questiond as to why the car wasnt pushed to a sensible place, or if it really was impossible might come down to a 50 50 knock.

there was no valid reason why the car should have been there, the car SHOULD NOT have been there

il just go and park my car across the road then shall i and wait for sumone to hit it then accuse them of hitting a parked car

could push the car to a sensible place as the car door was hit when she got out and she had to run out of the way.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
25th Feb 06 at 20:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you've missed Steves point - it should only have been stopped there if there had already been an accident.

As I understand, she parked there herself, then the bus hit her.
PaulW

25th Feb 06 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there is also the fact that if she had to run away when she got out, that she also did not look before even getting out of the car to ensure the road was clear...

again though it doesnt even matter as she still shouldnt of been there in the first place.
JohnOvManchester

25th Feb 06 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
The bus is at fault for hitting a parked car. There's no dispute there, you can't drive in to stuff.

Having said that, she's clearly chosen a completely inconsiderate and unwise place to park and the guy doing a job, who has to put up with lazy people on a daily basis has more stress and hassle now because of this.

I've a feeling that if you go through insurance you might just win, but I'm not entirely sure on that and even so as the bus company I would be pressing for a prosecution for the bad choice of parking space.

Could be a parking ticket in the very least, or possibly a CD20 (reasonable consideration for other road users) or perhaps a section 22 Road Traffic Act (leaving a vehicle in a dangerous position), both of which carry points and a discretionary fine.

I assume the bus isn't damaged?

The place she parked is double yellowed but everyone parks there.
It's outside a row of shops and litterally hundreds of cars stop there everyday all day long.

Yes double yellows, inconsiderate no, if you saw it you'd understand.
It was unwise in the sense that I would have parked fully on the pavement but it was already full so she didn't... I would bet most ppl would do the same thing, it's not a dangerous place or anything.
The bus driver jus came too close.

The bus has minor scratches at the front, was surprised how little there was!!!

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bus just hit my GF corsa - now need parts, new or try and find 2nd hand right colour? 22 database queries in 0.1690121 seconds