corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Servicemen

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Servicemen
3CorsaMeal

User status: Offline
23rd Feb 16 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just noticed a post on FB about an ex serviceman living in a car, people arguing he should be housed before others because he is a service man.

Now i do respect the army, going out to poorer countries to secure the oil for our cars etc, but i do remember it seemed to be the school drop outs and the unsavoury people who tended to join the army. (mainly because they were crap at everything else and you didn't need to be able to spell to join the army)

Do they get a bit too much respect? I can't think of any other job you leave and then expect the world to worship the ground you work on or be taken care of for life.

sc0ott

23rd Feb 16 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The country spends millions on foreign aid and housing single mums with 8 kids, or refugees, but can't house those who don't fall into those two exact categories.
Ben G

23rd Feb 16 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whilst I respect them for doing what they do, no one forced them to join the army, therefore they only have themselves to blame.

Controversial perhaps, but it's the truth.

Same argument when everyone goes mad about footballers getting paid more than nurses and soldiers. So fucking what? Well done, you can shoot a gun, but you can't play football.

Plenty of ex servicemen in well paid jobs and high positions of authority. Perhaps they're just not retarded?

[Edited on 23-02-2016 by Ben G]
3CorsaMeal

23rd Feb 16 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Standing on a IED = brave, deserve a medal for that

My mate lost his finger in a factory, no one calls him brave.
Robin
Premium Member

23rd Feb 16 at 16:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

presumably the ied was hidden though and the machine in the factory wasn't?
DC90

23rd Feb 16 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
Just noticed a post on FB about an ex serviceman living in a car, people arguing he should be housed before others because he is a service man.

Now i do respect the army, going out to poorer countries to secure the oil for our cars etc, but i do remember it seemed to be the school drop outs and the unsavoury people who tended to join the army. (mainly because they were crap at everything else and you didn't need to be able to spell to join the army)

Do they get a bit too much respect? I can't think of any other job you leave and then expect the world to worship the ground you work on or be taken care of for life.

Yes they get too much respect, and expect too much respect. A lot of servicemen I have met, which includes some family members, are up their own arse and think they are something special.
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Feb 16 at 17:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love the old army pay vs footballers pay rant.

Let's all pay army people what footballers get then see the state of the economy after that
JordyCarter

23rd Feb 16 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone can join the army not everyone can play professional football... this is obvious. Not everyone can be singer/actor etc so they get paid more.

The army is good for people who would of got nothing out of life at least it gives them a wage and prospects to progress. However its not worth the upmost respect. Ive heard some shocking stories about what the army lads get upto.
Gary
Premium Member

23rd Feb 16 at 18:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You do realise that a lot of the army are skilled people not just bullet catchers
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Feb 16 at 18:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone can do it really, same as painters etc
ShEp

23rd Feb 16 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kids don't join the army to go and secure oil fields for our idiotic leaders ffs.

They are ordered to do what they do, they can't politely decline the offer

kennySRi

23rd Feb 16 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

Been a while since I've heard the painters dig

I agree with what people are saying in here but I wouldn't say anyone can do it. It'll be seriously hard work and there's no way I could take orders like that.

The football argument is stupid. The football industry create all that money and it has to go somewhere. Like Steve said, imagine if the army got paid £100k a week, country would be fucked
Gary
Premium Member

23rd Feb 16 at 18:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

What be an electrian, or engineer it mechanic? And not fixing cars, but fixing tanks and helicopters. Yeah, everyone can do that! Arnt you just IT support Steve? Hardly a skilled trade is it. Andrew does IT ffs

Ben G

23rd Feb 16 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The advert even says if you can fix a car, you can fix a tank/helicopter/ship etc, Gary.
Ronson

23rd Feb 16 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
You do realise that a lot of the army are skilled people not just bullet catchers

This, so many people think the army just shoots and shouts. Plus its more likely to be RAF or Navy that are snobby as they're considered more 'upper crust' especially the Navy.

A lot of lads I know were in or are still in and they all have decent jobs and not one of them thinks they are above anyone, maybe if they make it to the higher officer rankings they'll start looking down their noses at people, but that's expected and accepted.
RichR
Premium Member

23rd Feb 16 at 20:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Except they barely fix anything as 90% goes either back to the OEM or a designated external source - Babcocks/BAE/etc.

A friend of mine moved out of the marines and into helicopter maintenance, he openly admits bar changing out kit, any repairs or servicing got sent out of the military.
RichR
Premium Member

23rd Feb 16 at 20:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same with the Arctic and Pacific seaboats and all of the support vessels; everything is done outside of the military.
Ian
Site Administrator

24th Feb 16 at 00:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There was a topic on Facebook a bit back about a hotel development in Liverpool and part of the planning case was that they were taking on apprentices which trains up local kids etc. etc. Cue loads of people having a moan about how it was child labour and the hotel would be charging loads (premium name / location) but having kids work there on the cheap. I replied to say supervising kids isn't cheap, you're probably going to need a few trained staff to supervise and train a kid, they're not cheap labour by any stretch. Anyone who has done it will know they're a liability if anything and to take them on is a cost to the business.

Anyway some cunt starts giving me loads about so I asked how well qualified he was placing kids in business to learn things. His reply was 'I train kids in the army to not kill themselves', to rapturous support. And I'm thinking fuck off mate, not only is that not what I asked you but I think he thought the army card was the instant route to respect and obedience.
Ellis

24th Feb 16 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's no doubt the forces can give you a solid grounding and a valuable skillset for moving into the private sector later in life. Common to see many ex-servicemen in O&G sector up here although I will concede many are cunts having not adjusted their persona to civilian work.

There's also no doubt the guys on the frontline are doing a difficult job, I'd probably graffiti my underwear at the first sign of action. Bound to give you mental issues later in life regardless.

They do seem to occupy this area of elevated social status though. Whilst it must be utterly dreadful to lose a limb or similar in battle, there are many families in the UK with extremely disabled children struggling to cope just like these guys. Likewise there are many thousands of homeless people, arguably being failed by the state in both cases. We don't get national news about the struggle of these groups.

If we want the forces to be paid like footballers then maybe the Tory's need to look at plastering easyJet logos or similar on the uniforms, hoard Islamic State into national stadiums and conduct the fighting there so tickets can be sold.
MatthewR

24th Feb 16 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
Standing on a IED = brave, deserve a medal for that

My mate lost his finger in a factory, no one calls him brave.

Thats right up there with your most idiotic comments over the years!!
Ojc

24th Feb 16 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

You're jealously knows no bounds, pull your head from your arse. I'll give you a brush and you can paint a door and architrave and then I'll do one and we will see who's looks better.

Yeah you might be able to brush some paint on, but can you get the glass finish? And can you do as many as me to the same quality? No is the answer.
Ben G

24th Feb 16 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With the correct training, I'm sure anyone could achieve the same finish as a 'professional painter', if there is such a thing?
Steve
Premium Member

24th Feb 16 at 15:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My cock knows no bounds
Ian
Site Administrator

24th Feb 16 at 15:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Professional painter is anyone who is being paid to paint so yes, they exist.
Gary
Premium Member

24th Feb 16 at 16:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
With the correct training, I'm sure anyone could achieve the same finish as a 'professional painter', if there is such a thing?

Same as your job

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Servicemen 22 database queries in 0.1073511 seconds