corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.2 8v, induction..

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.2 8v, induction..
uprated

User status: Offline
8th Nov 03 at 00:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im happy with it, revs are free'er and it feels a bit more punchy, sounds way better too

[Edited on 08-11-2003 by uprated]
MattyB

8th Nov 03 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

overall, u will probably be down on power, unless u've sealed the cone inside an air tight reflective unit and fed loadsa cold air to it.

The 1.2 and 1.4 8v spi engines DO NOT respond well to induction kits etc. They do not generate enough vacuum to warrent the need for a large cone filter.

The best set up possible on these engines is drilled air box, K+N panel filter + lots of cold air feeds. Proven.

Matt
uprated

9th Nov 03 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

out of the two, i and a few other people think its better wit hthe cone, the drilled box made fuck all difference, but the induction kit made some difference, everyone that has driven my car with the cone said it was better than when i had the drilled box, a couple didnt even know i had taken the drilled box out and said it was somehow different.
drilled box was wank and a waste of the money to buy a K&N panel filter
IntaCepta

9th Nov 03 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea, induction kits are a useless for SPi engines! better off drillin the box and fittin in a performance filter.
MattyB

9th Nov 03 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont mean to piss on ur fire uprated, but i'm only stating facts.

My 1.2 8v, and many other corsa's off this board, whether they be 1.4 16v etc have all said that the engines run best with a drilled airbox, performance filter and cold air feed. Not only corsas either.

It was tested bout 6 months back in Total vauxhall. They used a vauxhall nova GTE 1.6 8v, tried loadsa induction kits on it, and loadsa panel filters. Guess what gave most power? A modified air box and pipercross panel filter.

Although if u want a roaring sound + higher fuel consumption then fair enuff. If u rolling roaded ur car with drilled box etc, and then again with induction, u'll prob b 5% down.

Matt
uprated

9th Nov 03 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have noticed increased fuel consumption
MattyB

9th Nov 03 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a unfortunate case, but i believe it happens on most cars when the induction is fitted.

In the past, people have suggested resetting ECU by disconnecting it. But, this actually does SOD ALL.

U'll also find the car will tend to run really shit on cold mornings + use loads more fuel coz the cone replaces the warm air intake usually supplied by the exhaust manifold pipe.

Matt
Ant

9th Nov 03 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MattyB

In the past, people have suggested resetting ECU by disconnecting it. But, this actually does SOD ALL.

Matt

BIGGIST LOAD OF BOLLOX IVE EVER HEARD IT DOES 100% WORK

When my car was waitin for its chip on the rr the operator reset my ecu (broster had my chip so they had to go get another) it gained 8 BHP the rolling road proved it, this was not down to reset the ecu it was just allowing it to compensate for the other mods. So therfore after any mod you should reset the ECU.
uprated

9th Nov 03 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know its the cold mornings raping my petrol.

also noticed that the car auto chokes itself to like 2500rpm

but i lost the pipe, the manifold heatshield and the little black connector that connects the red tube to the airflow meter thing so i cant use it anyway.

the drilled airbox gave an induction sound aswell, but yea the sound is waaay louder on the cone.

so i dunno if refitting the drilled box and K&N would be worthwhile
that said
im not bothered about taking the induction off if its gonna make me have lots more mpg actually cos petrols expensive for students, and i didnt pay for the induction kit but have to pay for my own petrol

[Edited on 09-11-2003 by uprated]
MattyB

9th Nov 03 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by aritchie
quote:

Matt

When my car was waitin for its chip on the rr the operator reset my ecu (broster had my chip so they had to go get another) it gained 8 BHP the rolling road proved it, this was not down to reset the ecu it was just allowing it to compensate for the other mods. So therfore after any mod you should reset the ECU.

woteva mate, its never worked for me (1.2 8v), and i've heard exactly the same story from Cybermonkey (1.6 16v), Intacepta (1.4 8v), corsacrazy (1.4 8v) etc. who have all done it loadsa times.

i'm sure if u ask on the board right now, the majority of people will say it DID SOD ALL.

In fact, the ecu will reset its self without the need for disconnecting the battery. It has the ability to adapt to changing conditions etc. which will also take into account inducition kits etc

Reset ur ecu all u want, WITH THE EXCEPTION UR STORY JUST NOW, it makes sod all difference to the drive of the car + performance of the engine. The only difference is the difference u want it to have, which u trick ur self into believing.

Matt
M4tt

9th Nov 03 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by aritchie
quote:

Matt

woteva mate, its never worked for me (1.2 8v), and i've heard exactly the same story from Cybermonkey (1.6 16v), Intacepta (1.4 8v), corsacrazy (1.4 8v) etc. who have all done it loadsa times.

i'm sure if u ask on the board right now, the majority of people will say it DID SOD ALL.

In fact, the ecu will reset its self without the need for disconnecting the battery. It has the ability to adapt to changing conditions etc. which will also take into account inducition kits etc

Reset ur ecu all u want, WITH THE EXCEPTION UR STORY JUST NOW, it makes sod all difference to the drive of the car + performance of the engine. The only difference is the difference u want it to have, which u trick ur self into believing.

Matt

Here here, has done sweet fuck all to my car (1.4 16v) and i usually notice everything about the way it drives ( cold, hot conditions, slow response sitting in traffic etc....)

corsa_godfather

9th Nov 03 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

<<<agrees with vibrio 100%

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll